Crowdfunding campaign launched for six Thai woman jailed in Ethiopia after being duped to smuggle cocaine

webfact

53 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

waiting for 'thai visa' to do basic verifications? hope you're a young man!

From the OP

''Thaivisa is in the process of trying to verify the story and has contacted "Thailand's Forgotten Girls" on Facebook for comment. 

The story hit Thailand's print media last month though its veracity was questioned. It was being investigated for truth by the Thai authorities.

Tanee Sangrat a spokesman at the Thai ministry of foreign affairs said they were currently trying to verify the information by investigating the case. ''

That's a lot of people trying to sort out if it's a scam or a real story

(I have my own idea, there are a lot of flaws in the whole story, but i could be wrong)

the facebook page is running since january, and it's now in a lot of medias

so i expect to have some update here on this topic soon or later

However you could be right and i am not holding my breath

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

Sounds like a scam.  Way too many weird circumstances.  Also written like as drama story, laid on thick to try and garner sympathy.

They somehow have enough money for a lawyer, food and toiletries for six women, a large reward for information about the "scammers", yet they need to do a gofundme...

And doesn't the story start off with a husband, then change to a boyfriend?

Really sucks that so many people are out to con others in these difficult times.

• Like 2

I would imagine that a lot of unemployed bargirls, barboys, and, in this case, ladyboys could be easily talked into doing something this dumb after a year of boredom and no money.

I notice that many ex-bargirls who get married and settle in the West end up with gambling habits because they become addicted to the unpredictable ups-and-down of bar life. Thailand, right now, must be rich pickings for any gang recruiting unwitting mules.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

A fund has been set up online claiming to help six Thai women who were allegedly duped into going to Ethiopia then arrested after cocaine was found in their luggage as they headed back to Thailand from the airport in Addis Ababa.

Yeah ok, they didn't know anything.

Girl to boyfriend "hi honey, just popping over to Ethiopia for a couple of days, should be back at the weekend" ???

• Like 2