Anutin ensures sufficient COVID-19 vaccine available in Q3

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The government has defended its COVID-19 vaccination plan on the second day of the censure debate, promising sufficient availability of domestically produced COVID-19 vaccine in Q3 this year.

So tourism is screwed this year then... I'm sure the resorts are happy at this news.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alant said:

data please

There is no data because China wouldn't provide it just as Brazil! or just look a the recent W.H.O. request for data!  Put 2x2 together it isn't coming. This isn't data but I have family in China which I keep in contact with since Sept of last year in our conversation there was something wrong I was being told many Chinese were sick that the government was starting to lock down and force their vaccine on their locals and migrant workers people thousand were escaping to avoid throughout China north/south maybe reason for the outbreak just outside of Bangkok.

Take that timeline since late September have you heard anything about the so call Bubble quality tourist from China?  I've been told that the CCP is basically giving the vaccine free to anyone or country who wants it. I wouldn't surprise me Thailand leaders are getting it for free and claiming they are paying for it.

Or course nothing I've said do I have any data????

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The Chinese have just dumped it in Hong Kong also, the Hong Kong authorities have today given fast track approval and its expected there on Friday. Despite Sinovac still not releasing stage 3 trial data.

Anutin said it was getting to Thailand on Saturday or Sunday, so expect official approval soon? Then again Thailands C.P. has a major stake in Sinovac so its just a formality.

It showed just above 50% efficacy rate in the Brazilian trials, just enough by a whisker to satisfy WHO guidelines.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kong-fast-tracks-chinas-sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-approval

a lot of countries are looking for vaccine costs rather then efficiency ... Chinese ones not approved and yet they still shipping them all around the world... reporting from CGTN  News (China government news agency) 555

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-02-16/More-countries-turn-to-Chinese-COVID-19-vaccines-XVa5bOk0zC/index.html

China vaccines.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

There is no data because China wouldn't provide it just as Brazil! or just look a the recent W.H.O. request for data!  Put 2x2 together it isn't coming. This isn't data but I have family in China which I keep in contact with since Sept of last year in our conversation there was something wrong I was being told many Chinese were sick that the government was starting to lock down and force their vaccine on their locals and migrant workers people thousand were escaping to avoid throughout China north/south maybe reason for the outbreak just outside of Bangkok.

Take that timeline since late September have you heard anything about the so call Bubble quality tourist from China?  I've been told that the CCP is basically giving the vaccine free to anyone or country who wants it. I wouldn't surprise me Thailand leaders are getting it for free and claiming they are paying for it.

Or course nothing I've said do I have any data????

Don't tell the fairy tales. If the things you tell here are true they would be generally known. It is true that, in the end of the last year, China has been in a small regional infections and individual infections. Travel bubble has been alone Thai's sweet dream. The Chinese has never been interested by the whole thing. Better keep the money inside the country and  infections outside from country.

1 hour ago, Naguu said:

Don't tell the fairy tales. If the things you tell here are true they would be generally known. It is true that, in the end of the last year, China has been in a small regional infections and individual infections. Travel bubble has been alone Thai's sweet dream. The Chinese has never been interested by the whole thing. Better keep the money inside the country and  infections outside from country.

When it comes to China and its already history " they would be generally known "  you understand what it means when someone say " no data "  how you put two and two together is your choice this is something called " critical thinking "  you are funny!  Wake up and smell the coffee when it comes to China!   if you don't get in line for the Sino Vaccine it is free!

11 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

3rd quarter..... that’s another 6-7 months away. The government is playing with fire. If it goes wrong, we’ll be burning the dead.

There is no guarantee that this will happen in the third quarter.  Several AZ licensees, including Belgium and Australia, producing the vaccine have experienced unexpectedly low yields from their initial production.  This is what caused the huge shortfall problem in the EU.  It is also up to AZ where they send the first batches and they have indicated to investors that Indonesia will have first shout because it has a lot more cases than Thailand.   

• Like 2

12 hours ago, webfact said:

The government has defended its COVID-19 vaccination plan on the second day of the censure debate, promising sufficient availability of domestically produced COVID-19 vaccine in Q3 this year.

About the time most of the rest of the world's populations have already been vaccinated.  Stellar job Khun Ai Farang!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

When it comes to China and its already history " they would be generally known "  you understand what it means when someone say " no data "  how you put two and two together is your choice this is something called " critical thinking "  you are funny!  Wake up and smell the coffee when it comes to China!   if you don't get in line for the Sino Vaccine it is free!

I agree with you Chinese vaccine(s) needs more data to make all clear. Othewise your stories are lies and have nothing to do with reality. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Read a bit more

I did read that Thailand had an outbreak in Samut Sakonthe numbers were getting high so they lock 42,000 workers in the factories to wait until they all reached herd immunity but they stopped testing and that's what they did for the whole country if you believe the numbers from this administration which is ranked 104th in the world for transparency and corruption the you don't realise you've been duped.If you are so gullible then you need to read and understand and believe this administration when they say that they are not doing a lot of testing.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, robertson468 said:

By Q3 all of Asia will have their required number of vaccines, obtained from other sources.  Why is this man incapable of logical thinking and his Boss has even said that those who bad mouth Thailand's vaccine plan will be to blame!  What utter nonsense!

Really ? UK (amongst current global leaders on vaccination & with it’s own supplies) is aiming for full vaccinations around September- the end of Q3. With limited supply, how are those Asian countries ,who are well behind and relying on outside sources, going to be able to obtain and deliver all their vaccines by this point ?

Most news sources I have seen have indicated a clear wealth disparity on vaccine rates, with middle income and poorer countries (most of Asia) being projected to complete vaccination programs during 2022 and even 2023 in some cases. The richer countries have a chance to complete within 2021. 

This is not to say Thailand hasn’t dragged its feet on this....

19 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

3rd quarter..... that’s another 6-7 months away. The government is playing with fire. If it goes wrong, we’ll be burning the dead.

The government has been slow on this and I would prefer a more urgent vaccine roll-out than is being suggested. This would allow the economy to crank up a notch and give people a greater chance at returning to normality.

However, based on the last year of surviving with CoVid in LoS, I politely suggest your doomsday scenario of piles of corpses appears unlikely at this stage. 

1 hour ago, realfunster said:

The government has been slow on this and I would prefer a more urgent vaccine roll-out than is being suggested. This would allow the economy to crank up a notch and give people a greater chance at returning to normality.

However, based on the last year of surviving with CoVid in LoS, I politely suggest your doomsday scenario of piles of corpses appears unlikely at this stage. 

I hope you’re right, but how much longer can Thailand keep dodging the bullet?  We’ve been lucky so far and Prayuth & co are pushing it.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2021 at 5:58 PM, Mavideol said:

a lot of countries are looking for vaccine costs rather then efficiency ... Chinese ones not approved and yet they still shipping them all around the world... reporting from CGTN  News (China government news agency) 555

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-02-16/More-countries-turn-to-Chinese-COVID-19-vaccines-XVa5bOk0zC/index.html

China vaccines.jpeg

Not all Chinese vaccines are created equal. Sinopharm is the good one.

14 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I did read that Thailand had an outbreak in Samut Sakonthe numbers were getting high so they lock 42,000 workers in the factories to wait until they all reached herd immunity but they stopped testing and that's what they did for the whole country if you believe the numbers from this administration which is ranked 104th in the world for transparency and corruption the you don't realise you've been duped.If you are so gullible then you need to read and understand and believe this administration when they say that they are not doing a lot of testing.

Don't get carried away with the number of tests. How is the number of tests important if the majority are asymptomatic? They may spread the virus but at a.much lower rate than symptomatics. Follow the symptomatic cases, hospitalization rates and deaths. Only they show the severity of the epidemic. And at the moment the severity is still controllable. 

No doubt there is a vial of Covid vaccine with each marijuana seedling that he promised that good Thai citizens would be allowed to grow in their gardens like all other Thai herbs.  No doubt both are coming any day now!!!  :dry: 

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2021 at 4:36 AM, webfact said:

Thailand will have domestically produced vaccine available across the country, without the need to rely on imports.

Based on the vaccine produced by Perrier or Evian no doubt

Edited by Muzzique

9 hours ago, DavisH said:

Don't get carried away with the number of tests. How is the number of tests important if the majority are asymptomatic? They may spread the virus but at a.much lower rate than symptomatics. Follow the symptomatic cases, hospitalization rates and deaths. Only they show the severity of the epidemic. And at the moment the severity is still controllable. 

You don't know if the majority are asymptomatic.You don't know if they may spread the virus at a much lower rate.You don't know anything about what's happening here in Thailand regarding this pandemic.You don't know if the severity is still controllable ad neither do I so not much need to discuss it really just let it rip.Thailand is rank 104 for transparency and corruption, that's about the most telling statistic here.Don't you agree?Or do you prefer the "let it rip" approach they are taking.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Naguu said:

I live in China. I know what is lie or not. Covid-19 is under very hard  control here. 

Yea, so you are free to speak and think?  Sounds like you are under very hard control and don't even know it.

Go ahead stand up speak out!  you end up like my Grandfather and Uncle who refused to keep silent living under Mao!  Guess you also believe living in China they didn't spread the Virus, there are no human rights abuses and camps for the Muslim.

Thanks for telling me you live in China that explains  your position get you head out of Xi behind.

Edited by thailand49

If you compare the amount of world wide deaths for the year 2020 with prior years 2015 to 2019 you find some very interesting statistics. No rise in the total number of death in a year where a pandemic had the whole world locked down. amazing.