AIS Unlimited data 10 Mbps 200 baht per month - Anything Better?

banagan

18 minutes ago, banagan said:

So, I have this plan 2 years. Is there anything available with more Mbps? 

It's a great deal, but could always do with more Mbps. 

Me too. On mine the speed seems to much higher at about 50mbps download and 19 upload. Very happy as I thought it was time limited to 12 months. I'm very happy with the service and will continue. 

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Me too. On mine the speed seems to much higher at about 50mbps download and 19 upload. Very happy as I thought it was time limited to 12 months. I'm very happy with the service and will continue. 

If you are using Speedtest it gives nonsense figures, will be 10mbps

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you are using Speedtest it gives nonsense figures, will be 10mbps

Some people do say that Speedtest.net gives "nonsense figures". Thought I'd run some other tests. I'm in Pattaya using a Samsung Galaxy S9 4G as a hotspot with the AIS unlimited 10Mbps Sim card at 200 Baht per month. The tests taken on my Dell XPS13 laptop with Windows 10 over WiFi connection to the hotspot. Some tests don't have servers in Thailand but speeds still well in excess of 10Mbps that is advertised by AIS. Results below.

Some wide variations in speeds. I'm still extremely pleased with this AIS sim card as it's been very reliable service and great value for money.

• Testmy.net (Singapore server) = 42.5 Mbps Download & 14.4 Mbps Upload
  • Speedtest.net (Samut Prakarn server) = 64.12 Mbps Download & 21.26 Mbps Upload
  • Speedof.me (Singapore server) = 15.61 Mbps Download & 10.76 Mbps Upload
  • Fast.com (Kannayao server) = 48 Mbps Download & 24 Mbps Upload
  • projectstream.google.com/speedtest (server not stated) = 23.24 Mbps Download - No upload speed shown
  • speedtest.adslthailand.com (Bangkok server) = 47.97 Mbps Download & 17.53 Mbps Upload 
  • tech.mthai.com/speedtest/ais (Bangkok server) = 51.38 Mbps Download & 18.18 Mbps Upload

image.png.cdb447569c26a1dfad87ca77d152ea30.png

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Some people do say that Speedtest.net gives "nonsense figures". Thought I'd run some other tests. I'm in Pattaya using a Samsung Galaxy S9 4G as a hotspot with the AIS unlimited 10Mbps Sim card at 200 Baht per month. The tests taken on my Dell XPS13 laptop with Windows 10 over WiFi connection to the hotspot. Some tests don't have servers in Thailand but speeds still well in excess of 10Mbps that is advertised by AIS. Results below.

Some wide variations in speeds. I'm still extremely pleased with this AIS sim card as it's been very reliable service and great value for money.

• Speedtest.net (Samut Prakarn server) = 64.12 Mbps Download & 21.26 Mbps Upload
  • projectstream.google.com/speedtest (server not stated) = 23.24 Mbps Download - No upload speed shown
  • speedtest.adslthailand.com (Bangkok server) = 47.97 Mbps Download & 17.53 Mbps Upload 
  • tech.mthai.com/speedtest/ais (Bangkok server) = 51.38 Mbps Download & 18.18 Mbps Upload

If you use the Ookla app speed test on your phone does it show the same? 

26 minutes ago, Oldie said:

If you use the Ookla app speed test on your phone does it show the same? 

Surprisingly different speedtest results all using Ookla speedtest.net. Same AIS sim connection but different speeds on different devices:

• APP - Galaxy S20 connected to S9 hotspot by WiFi: = 74 Mbps Download & 38.8 Mbps Upload
  • BROWSER - Win 10 on Dell laptop connected to S9 hotspot by WiFi = 51.98 Mbps Download & 17.44 Mbps Upload
  • APP - Galaxy S9 phone (whilst being used as hotspot) = 18.1 Mbps Download & 18.1 Mbps Upload

24 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Surprisingly different speedtest results all using Ookla speedtest.net. Same AIS sim connection but different speeds on different devices:

• APP - Galaxy S20 connected to S9 hotspot by WiFi: = 74 Mbps Download & 38.8 Mbps Upload
  • BROWSER - Win 10 on Dell laptop connected to S9 hotspot by WiFi = 51.98 Mbps Download & 17.44 Mbps Upload
  • APP - Galaxy S9 phone (whilst being used as hotspot) = 18.1 Mbps Download & 18.1 Mbps Upload

Very strange. Hopefully you are not connected to a WiFi somewhere else. So best is to switch off the WiFi on the S9 and also the hotspot function and try another test with the Ookla app on your S9. Don't use a browser. I had this AIS package. But it was around 10 Mbps for downloads and not more. 74 or 51 would be a lot. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

Very strange. Hopefully you are not connected to a WiFi somewhere else. So best is to switch off the WiFi on the S9 and also the hotspot function and try another test with the Ookla app on your S9. Don't use a browser. I had this AIS package. But it was around 10 Mbps for downloads and not more. 74 or 51 would be a lot. 

defo not connected to wifi as no nearby networks accessible (wifi on S9 turned off anyway).

From my observation AIS indeed provides higher speeds depending on current load/location/time of day (early morning). If the network is relaxed/quiet they will open the throttle.

I remember up to 50 Mbit/s on a 10 Mbit/s package.

Buying 10 MBit/s should just guarantee the minimum speed to their own/next switch/gateway.

All else (other countries and the like) is "the internet" (hardly predictable).

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you are using Speedtest it gives nonsense figures

On my 3BB fiber connection, speedtest.net shows the speed as my local NetSpeedMonitor at the interface shows (within the accuracy of visual check).

So I don't know what you want to say.

Examples please.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I was getting similar high unexplained results a year ago and @JamJar other board name used at the time suggested a website to double check which I did and results were then the specified speeds not the erroneous speeds. I can't find that website now

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have 4 Mbps unlimited data on my phone with AIS. 1,400 baht for 6-months via the myAIS app. 

I was surprised to find the speed using Ookla was much higher to a local node but slower to an overseas node.

Works well for me with YouTube etc using a mobile hotspot to my PC connected to my TV.

Thanks for the promotion info. Might try this on renewal.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I was getting similar high unexplained results a year ago and @JamJar other board name used at the time suggested a website to double check which I did and results were then the specified speeds not the erroneous speeds. I can't find that website now

You mean Eindhoven or Bruno ?

Edited by samtab
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 8:33 AM, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:

I have 4 Mbps unlimited data on my phone with AIS. 1,400 baht for 6-months via the myAIS app. 

I was surprised to find the speed using Ookla was much higher to a local node but slower to an overseas node.

Works well for me with YouTube etc using a mobile hotspot to my PC connected to my TV.

Thanks for the promotion info. Might try this on renewal.

Now 300 baht.

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2021 at 1:13 PM, banagan said:

So, I have this plan 2 years. Is there anything available with more Mbps? 

It's a great deal, but could always do with more Mbps. 

Every now and again, DTAC has a double speed promo. So 20 Mbps as opposed to 10 Mbps. 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2021 at 9:15 AM, Wuvu2 said:

I called AIS and they said these were promo packages that were not available. I politely argued that since I've had my AIS account for 11 years they should treat me at least as well as a new customer. After 5 minutes on hold she offered an unpublished package  of Unlimited data 10 Mbps for 250 baht/month. She also lowered my phone call rate to  75stang per minute from prior 1.5 baht/minute.  

Thanks for the post! ????

Was this a postpaid AIS you had for 11 years? And is the new contract also postpaid? This kind of package sounds great - I'm currently paying more than double for my original 4G package, but I'm not using it recently especially since I now have a free sim bundled with my AIS fibre deal.

The other alternative is to just lapse the 4G sim completely - are there any implications in doing so mid contract? Am I supposed to inform AIS or can I just stop paying? 

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2021 at 2:11 AM, mr_lob said:

Internet speeds in Thailand are something they got right. I hereby give them permission to call themselves 'The hub of high-speed internet'.

Now they can form a committee

I think the thais would rise up in protest if they couldn't play their candy crush and send stickers on line all day!....keeping the masses happy happy! ???? sabai sabai

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2021 at 8:26 AM, lamyai3 said:

Was this a postpaid AIS you had for 11 years? And is the new contract also postpaid? This kind of package sounds great - I'm currently paying more than double for my original 4G package, but I'm not using it recently especially since I now have a free sim bundled with my AIS fibre deal.

The other alternative is to just lapse the 4G sim completely - are there any implications in doing so mid contract? Am I supposed to inform AIS or can I just stop paying? 

I have never had a post paid. I don't use the phone a lot and just top up like many people. I've had the same # all along. 

• Haha 1