Is there anything at all in Thailand beneficial for foreigners living there right now?

bwpage3

8 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

They don't kick you out immediatly

they just don't renew your contract when it comes at the annual date

(Particularly if you cost to them more than you are paying)

and it's perfectly legal for them to do that, in fact it's in the contract

Which is why one should take out insurance with an expat company, governed by EU/USA/UK regulations, where they can't kick you out....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Ship it out where to?

Surely you were'nt born in Thailand, do you have a country of birth and hold a bank account there? Possums are'nt indigenous to Thailand, possum! Are you a ringtail or a bushy tail? :thumbsup:

Edited by PatOngo

16 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Surely you were'nt born in Thailand, do you have a country of birth and hold a bank account there? Possums are'nt indigenous to Thailand, possum! Are you a ringtail or a bushy tail? :thumbsup:

No, I'm from the UK and do hold a bank account there, but I want to keep my Thai Baht at a minimum with only enough for living expenses. but sometimes I have more Baht than I want to keep in this country. Possum is the nickname of my favourite country music singer George Jones.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Bangkokhatter said:

Seems the OP posted this topic in the hope of finding like minded people who have nothing good to say about living in Thailand.

Instead it's mostly full of replies stating the opposite, but obviously we are all wrong.

Only two really bad things in Thailand, Thai drivers, and a military "government".

8 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Only two really bad things in Thailand, Thai drivers, and a military "government".

Think your pushing it with thai "drivers" they are more like operators, as majority have had no formal training, test is a joke, and the highway code is something other countries have.

"A good driver is anyone who understands that all road users have a responsibility to each other to obey the law and the rules of the road. It is anyone who is unselfish, and who respects the rights of others."

Now that certainly doent apply ????????????

• Thanks 1

My wife,and her Thai family in a nutshell. Also the many friends and neighbours that they bring with them. I loved England,but when i retired i had a choice to make,and i'm glad i made it. It's no reflection at all on my friends and family in the UK, which thanks to modern technology,it is easy to keep in touch with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bwpage3 said:

We are less than <10 minutes from the beach and Florida has a lot of excellent beaches with surfing, surf fishing, shell collecting, walking or whatever it is you want to do at the beach. All along the coast there are tons of Seafood restaurants, Tiki Bars, you name it.

Major cruise ship terminal 40 minutes away that cruise all over the Caribbean. Mexico, South America

We can also watch all the Space X liftoffs from the beach.

Beaches had life guards much like Australia as you can see.

Florida is an international tourist spot as well.

Grilles.jpg

Baywatch Lifeguard.jpg

f170246840.jpg

f170247616.jpg

Falcon Lift-Off.jpg

f2.jpg

F15.jpg

BT 13.jpg

beach girls 4 by 6 (2).png

Wave Break.png

Surfers Dream.png

I've been to the US, but never considered it as a retirement destination.  What exists by way of visas for foreign retirees?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I've been to the US, but never considered it as a retirement destination.  What exists by way of visas for foreign retirees?

Nothing. 

Something similar with visas might be Coronado Panama.  Or perhaps Baja California Mexico south of San Diego.

Edited by Jingthing

10 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

We are less than <10 minutes from the beach and Florida has a lot of excellent beaches with surfing, surf fishing, shell collecting, walking or whatever it is you want to do at the beach. All along the coast there are tons of Seafood restaurants, Tiki Bars, you name it.

Yes, I like Florida too, but I have no right to live there either, and it's a bit too expensive for my pension.

I particularly like Sanibel Island.

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How many good Thai restaurants could I eat a meal in for the price ( tip included ) of one meal in the place in the first photo? I'll bet it's more than a few.

Most western women I know get offended if one looks at them for more than a millisecond, and while the ones in the photos may look attractive, IMO they are not as feminine as the average Thai girl. Give me a Thai girl in Thailand any time over those.

I suspect BW doesn't go to such places, none of those photos look like holiday snaps.

I asked him to share photos of places he had been (like the photos I posted), but he doesn't appear to have any.

Rusty's photo sign's are dated May 2019, so not even current.

As for the girls, I'd give 'pink' a go (given the chance).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I suspect BW doesn't go to such places, none of those photos look like holiday snaps.

I asked him to share photos of places he had been (like the photos I posted), but he doesn't appear to have any.

Rusty's photo sign's are dated May 2019, so not even current.

As for the girls, I'd give 'pink' a go (given the chance).

As most of us who have come to know you BMT you'd jump a frog if it stopped hopping long enough......????????????