Is there anything at all in Thailand beneficial for foreigners living there right now?

bwpage3

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Where in the west can I spend my weekends like this?

IMG_20210207_121512.jpg

Edited 1 hour ago by BritManToo

Feet on the table!

You aint got no behaviour.

,But it is nice.

Edited by talahtnut
spelling

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:
2 hours ago, elliss said:

Why not ? . 

Great Britain . land of Benefits .

All are welcome ..

Not if your a UK national, as far as I can work out you get no support of any kind for at least 6 months, unless you can prove that you've returned to stay permanently, and the only way I know do do that is to die in the airport.

It's called Burnt Bridge Syndrome or BBS for short.

Deal with it.

• Thanks 1

im fed up with mask nonsense, but until it gets so cold here

that it takes artificial heating and insulation in buildings to survive,

its still better here at equator than is my ancestor land of vikings.

living next to sea i also have no issue with air pollution, sea breeze ensure nice air

Edited by scammed

5 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Before all the long term expats come on bashing this post because they have no where to move to, is there anything at all beneficial living in Thailand currently?

Even before COVID, Thailand seems to be sliding down hill with increased air pollution, over crowding, govt regulations, and now COVID issues?

The govt is hellbent on corrupt projects that do nothing but line the pockets of the newly elected.

Get elected, make as much money through corruption as you can before you get voted out down the road.

Who exactly is watching out for the welfare of the Thai people and the foreigners living there?

The answer is no one. There is no corruption money in doing the right thing and fixing issues that continue to get worse year after year.

Do you honestly feel the government is really happy to have you there? Draconian rules about owning land, VISA's being more difficult, reporting your every move.

The baht remains super strong against all currencies. It could get stronger. Is Thailand still a deal? Is living in a one room flat because that is all you can afford in your elder years a good thing?

Suk and SOI 4 looks more like New York than Thailand. How many western fast food joints do you need right next to each other? Push out all the street vendors for burgers. Makes no sense.

How about the air pollution? How many people want to live in that the rest of their lives as it continues to get worse and the govt does nothing about it?

Let's not even mention how much worse the traffic is getting in ALL cities!

The thing about the third world, that I am sure many are learning the hard way, is that over the years it is not getting better, it continues to get worse and worse.

Each new problem exposes an inept govt unable or unwilling to do anything about the countries problems.

As far as I can tell, places like Isaan appear to be the only safe bets as to never changing.

If you can live a quiet life out in the sticks, you probably have it made.

The unknowns the next 5, 10, 20 years with currency, environmental and the govt itself makes it a tough sell as a destination.

Make loads of money here and have a 6 room house in a nice area of Bangkok.

5 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

+ tourist areas are all dead, which is why most came in the first place

all nice and quite that what some people pay A, high price to travel to now clean beaches and less traffic. and the best part no loud bagging so call music at 2am in morning. how relaxing and Quite.

1 hour ago, irishman25 said:

all nice and quite that what some people pay A, high price to travel to now clean beaches and less traffic. and the best part no loud bagging so call music at 2am in morning. how relaxing and Quite.

There’s obviously a plus side to less tourists, but it’s a bit depressing when every other restaurant or bar is closed or has 2/3 customers inside

Good if you’re Chinese and like to wine and dine at home though...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

is there anything at all beneficial living in Thailand currently?

It's a good time to ship all your accumulated spare Baht out of Thailand while the Baht remains high! I cleaned up last year on the favorable rates! Thanks Dee Money! :jap: :thumbsup:

• Like 1