French musicians with no work permit/illegal party busted at Koh Samui "Hippie Festival"

rooster59

Just now, VocalNeal said:

I saw a (non Thai) graffiti artist one time in BKK. I just casually asked, as he was painting in an exposed spot, if the had a work permit. I got a blank stare. 

Doesn't matter how much they are told. They are too cool to worry about actual laws.

That being said there are western musicians who jam in bars in Bangkok. Even used to be western bands. As long as local bill knows and is paid, all is OK. At the very least the local bill warns of an imminent raid and...

35 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

If you post was funny I would have laughed.

I seriously doubt that. However, if you didn´t think it was funny, that´s fine. Normally, people understand the meaning anyway. Sad you missed that Neal. Have a great weekend!

Edited by Dagfinnur Traustason

Blooming Hènry!!! "They were singing too"???

OMG, what was the song? 

So,if we go to a restaurant booked for ourselves to play music and sing is ILLEGAL IN BOPHUT  or in Siam in general?????????????

FIRE????????am listening to that song now ,terrified, just in case I get accused of ....????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Aeiou7 said:

Not sure how many of them were really French, as what is in the media is often inaccurate and partly or entirely wrong.

One of the arrested musicians is an acquaintance of mine and he is definitely not French. I knew that he was going to this event and I recognized him in the blurred first image of the posting. I haven't talked to him but asked a friend if it was the musician I had in mind and he confirmed. That much for croissants. ????

""That much for croissants.."" and for his jumping attack of French as well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dcheech said:

You should ask yourself about the long term viability of living here.

2 hours ago, Dcheech said:

The nasty, mean spirited, tripe continues. Reminds one of the pair who were arrested, property confiscated, expelled, for fondling a sea cucumber on facebook. You should ask yourself about the long term viability of living here. If you have options, you should be getting information on other potential places you can move/live. They were doing this before the pandemic and obviously this will continue.

You should ask yourself about the long term viability of living here.

Everyone should ask themselves about the viability of living here legally...and behaving legally.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

We all welcome the tourist back to Thailand... But be prepared that everything here is illegal. Labour department only give workpermits for jobs Thais can't do and Thais can do everything so.. come to Thailand stay in your hotel and eat in a restaurant and please go home again.. or better  Stay away

Too wordy.

it’s always been.

‘Welcome to Thailand!

Now leave your money and go home!’

• Like 1
  • Haha 1