Looking for advice on everything non-b visa related

Hi all,

Looking for advice on a few (a lot) of things non-b visa related.

I am awaiting for my documentation to arrive from my future employer but trying to stay a step ahead of myself so joined this forum to pose these questions to anyone willing to help, all and any help at all is massively appreciated.

I am assuming the website I apply from is https://thaievisa.go.th/ as thats what I found on the embassy site for London, do I actually submit anything via post or is it all online?

I am just wondering if anyone had a comprehensive list of documentation I need to provide when applying as I have never done this before and really don't want to miss anything - for example before I submit my application will I need to have a flight & ASQ booked or I can do it after I get approval from the embassy before I apply for COE?

also my accommodation after the ASQ does that need to be finalised beforehand? I'll be living with my Thai girlfriend who I have lived with in London for the past two years.

In terms of insurance, someone had told me on a FB group that I only need insurance to cover me for 90 days ($100,000 covid insurance) is this true? I got a quote for the full length of my work permit from Axa but If I can just pay for 90 days that would be a lot better as my employer will provide me with insurance once I begin my working contract.

I found somewhere online that I need to provide a proof of residence for UK, does anyone know exactly what might cover that or if its even strictly 'true'? I know I'll have to submit my passport just wondering if thats enough if that makes sense.

Sorry if these are stupid questions, for this purpose just assume I am stupid and please help me out as I desperately don't want to get anything wrong.

As I said all and any help is much appreciated!

1 hour ago, scousehouse said:

I am assuming the website I apply from is https://thaievisa.go.th/ as thats what I found on the embassy site for London, do I actually submit anything via post or is it all online?

The general process is to apply online using the link you cite. You send scans of required documents using that site. Once your application is accepted, you either arrange to send your passport with required documents through the post to have the visa affixed to your passport, or make an appointment to have this done in person at the embassy. Probably, at the current time, the embassy wants you to do it by post.

1 hour ago, scousehouse said:

I am just wondering if anyone had a comprehensive list of documentation I need to provide when applying as I have never done this before and really don't want to miss anything - for example before I submit my application will I need to have a flight & ASQ booked or I can do it after I get approval from the embassy before I apply for COE?

Covid-19 does change matters. The online application prompts you with everything required for the visa. I believe you apply for the COE (with its own requirements) separately, and do that after your visa is approved. The COE is sent to you by email after you provide evidence of the flight and ASQ bookings and Covid insurance.

You can find info about the requirements for the non-b visa on this page of the embassy website.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

The covid 19 insurance will only need to valid for the 90 day entry that the non-b visa will allow.

Your girlfriend will need to write a letter stating you will be staying at her home. She will need to attach a signed copy of her house book registry and ID card to it,

A uploaded copy of your passport photo page will beet the requirements to prove you are a resident of the UK.

Start here for info to apply for a certificate of entry (COE) and etc.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/application-for-certificate-of-entry-to-thailand-for-non-thai-nationa?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

Archived