Question about Tax status

I have a THAI TIN and filed a Thai Tax report (with zero income) for the tax years 2022 & 2023. In 2024 I will live less than 180 days in Thailand. Do I have to inform the Thai Tax authorities or is it enough that I can show evidence that I spent less than 180 days in the Kingdom?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, proton said:

I have a tax number, do we wait until they send a tax return or do we have to request one?

They wont send you one automatically, if you want to file you will have to go to the Revenue office and get a form or file.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Expat4life66 said:

I can't imagine there would any penalty for filing late if they owe you money.   

It used to be 100 baht - I paid that years ago when I first did a reclaim on tax withheld on interest and I claimed for 2 years......

18 minutes ago, hkblademan said:

Lots of incorrect information on here. You are non resident for the tax year if in Thailand less than 180 days so no need to file a return. 

You will need to point out just where that incorrect information is please, the issue of residency was made clear in the second post.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tuk75 said:

I am tax resident and the revenue dept sends tax return (91) automatically every year.

Sometimes the TRD does send out blank forms to people who filed in the previous year but not always. I file some years and not others, based on my circumstances but they stopped sending me forms as soon as I got an online ID.