Proof of Residency form for Drivers LIcense

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office are you dealing with.

BTW have you filed a 90 day address report previously. 

Edit just noticed you stated Jomtien

Thanks! Correct, Jomtien. I'm on a STV that hasn't been extended so this would be my first encounter with immigration for this trip. (Last year I had a long term condo rental when I applied for my Driving License). 

1 minute ago, aldriglikvid said:

Thanks! Correct, Jomtien. I'm on a STV that hasn't been extended so this would be my first encounter with immigration for this trip. (Last year I had a long term condo rental when I applied for my Driving License). 

As always regarding immigration offices I will take a back seat and wait for folk that deal with Jomtien to advise you.

Works very differently at bangkok for example where you need to have done a 90 day report.

Don't think that's the case in Jomtien.

Good luck.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No need it you have the name used to do it.

But you do need to be doing 90 day reports to apply for one.

So how does someone like me on a covid extension from a TR60 get proof of address to renew a drivers licence?

Edited by edwardandtubs

20 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I've just renewed my licences using my Yellow Tabien Baan - free.

I have one of those and a pink ID card, the DLT Head Office in Chiang Mai will accept them for licence renewal but the local office will not.

Its not worth a 300km round trip to Chiang Mai and the local office renew the licence for six years.

4 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

So how does someone like me on a covid extension from a TR60 get proof of address to renew a drivers licence?

If in Bangkok where they have the 90 day report requirement your only choice would be to get one from your embassy. Or stay someplace where they issue them without doing 90 day reports.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I have one of those and a pink ID card, the DLT Head Office in Chiang Mai will accept them for licence renewal but the local office will not.

They should because your registered as a citizen of Thailand.

3 hours ago, StevieAus said:

Its not worth a 300km round trip to Chiang Mai and the local office renew the licence for six years.

When you change from the 2 year temporary licence you can get up to 6 years on that licence as the renewal is dated to your date of birth beyond 5years.. Thereafter future licences should be dated for 5 years.

58 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Can the agents in Pattaya who offer driving licence services help you skip the proof of residence requirement or do they basically just fill in the forms for you and hold your hand?

Your address is printed on the reverse of your licence, so you must have some form of proof of address.

Usually only holding a Yellow Tabien Baan or having a certificate of residence is acceptable.

Certain offices like mine, will only issue a licence if you have held a Non Imm type Visa, not VE or TV.

8 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

They should because your registered as a citizen of Thailand.

When you change from the 2 year temporary licence you can get up to 6 years on that licence as the renewal is dated to your date of birth beyond 5years.. Thereafter future licences should be dated for 5 years.

1) I know they should but as with the Immigration Department different offices different rules.

I gave up arguing years ago  nothing to be gained

2) I have been given six years for the last two renewals.