Bangkok: Girlfriend arrested for murdering boxing instructor in Soi On Nut

webfact

Bangkok: Girlfriend arrested for murdering boxing instructor in Soi On Nut

2pm.jpg
Picture: Sanook

Prawet police have made an arrest after 46 year old boxing instructor Wichan Malithong was found dead from a stab wound to the neck in On Nut Soi 70/1 on Monday night.

She is 32 year old Ploiploen who was romantically involved with the instructor who was also known by his ring name of Wichan Noi Sit Jep Yao.

Prawet chief Pol Col Surapong Phutkhao said that the pair met as instructor and pupil at the gym and met later for sex.

But the suspect told police that she wanted to end the relationship as she already had someone else and her family did not agree. She claims to have been persecuted by the boxer.

She has been charged with premeditated murder and having a knife in a public place.

The murder weapon has yet to be found. 

In an earlier report the victim was found next to a Vios car that was covered in blood. 

Locals reported hearing a commotion in the street and motorcycles. 

Source: Sanook

25 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Boxing instructor killed by his girlfriend in an open street. Sounds same easy as an FBI agent getting killed by a homeless.

To me that is a great failure for the noble art of self defense.

Someone you trust has a lot easier time killing you then a stranger. Boxer or not a knife is dangerous. People watch too many movies. Most real self defense instructors tell people to run away when a knife comes into play. 

• Like 2

Apparently he had compromising photos of her & him-- and told her that is she did not come to "Service" him when he wanted , he would post them all on internet and send to husband.........

That's her side of it on TV news this morning........

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Someone you trust has a lot easier time killing you then a stranger. Boxer or not a knife is dangerous. People watch too many movies. Most real self defense instructors tell people to run away when a knife comes into play. 

Or pull your gun... 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

I doubt the homeless would be "romantically involved" with the FBI though eh.

Also fair to say that the guard would be somewhat down with someone you are involved with and probably wouldnt expect them to make a fatal attack, but as usual we dont know the whole story.

I get what you are trying to say, but as I see it there must have been some signs that things are not right before the knife sat in the neck.

Edited by Dagfinnur Traustason

47 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Thank for telling me. Was that you way of implying that I was out of touch with reality?

In a way yes, you can be so good at fighting but an unexpected attack with a knife will be the end of you. I once had a Thai ex come at me with a knife. I was able to grab her hand but only because she was slow and threatening maybe not ready to attack. Had she started stabbing of slashing i would have been in big trouble. I was luck and the knife was small. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

I was going to make one of them Monty Python comments (sorry, some combos trigger that - "self defense instructor"), but when looking up the clip ran into another story which was on par, while being real.

Florida Man Accused of Attacking Girlfriend With Banana

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/florida-man-accused-of-attacking-girlfriend-with-banana/118271/

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, robblok said:

In a way yes, you can be so good at fighting but an unexpected attack with a knife will be the end of you. I once had a Thai ex come at me with a knife. I was able to grab her hand but only because she was slow and threatening maybe not ready to attack. Had she started stabbing of slashing i would have been in big trouble. I was luck and the knife was small. 

Yeah, yeah, now you got that said too. Stories, stories and stories. TV forum, is a very good place for everyone the wish to hear hero stories wrapped in an excuse filled tissue or heartbreaking sad girlfriend stories. Most of them made up, though.

However, down to the hard core and facts. For a well trained person in any martial art a knife should not be seen as any kind of problem. Especially coming from an unhappy and frustrated wife or girlfriend in a sudden rage. Clearly not a problem for an instructor then, if the person not just call himself an instructor as in so many cases here. Just look at the guy that installs your new aircon. In Thailand they many times call him an engineer.

Also it´s not nice to assume that someone, in a way, is out of touch with reality. Is that your reality or mine? Which one is right? Assuming things i the root to much evil. I might surprise you. Maybe I know more than you think.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Boxing instructor killed by his girlfriend in an open street. Sounds same easy as an FBI agent getting killed by a homeless.

To me that is a great failure for the noble art of self defense.

Not if he didn't see it coming.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Yeah, yeah, now you got that said too. Stories, stories and stories. TV forum, is a very good place for everyone the wish to hear hero stories wrapped in an excuse filled tissue or heartbreaking sad girlfriend stories. Most of them made up, though.

However, down to the hard core and facts. For a well trained person in any martial art a knife should not be seen as any kind of problem. Especially coming from an unhappy and frustrated wife or girlfriend in a sudden rage. Clearly not a problem for an instructor then, if the person not just call himself an instructor as in so many cases here. Just look at the guy that installs your new aircon. In Thailand they many times call him an engineer.

Also it´s not nice to assume that someone, in a way, is out of touch with reality. Is that your reality or mine? Which one is right? Assuming things i the root to much evil. I might surprise you. Maybe I know more than you think.

Could we please distinguish one fact ?
Are you a well trained martial artist and speaking from experience, or is that an opinion from watching too many Chuck Norris movies ?

To possibly preempt your response.
If you consider someone who holds a black belt in martial arts and studied for over 10 years a "trained martial artist", then yes, I am one.
So from someone with some experience, your second paragraph is wildly inaccurate.
Any physical confrontation is seen as a problem.
I suspect you have not yet grasped the pebble, Grasshopper.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Might not be nice, but if you ask most trained instructors what to do the answer is run. There is a reason for that. So yea I think your out of touch.

But yes there are situations where you can get the knife away im living proof. But if its a suprise attack or someone with real intent (not just posing) your screwed.

2 hours ago, tilaceer said:

Could we please distinguish one fact ?
Are you a well trained martial artist and speaking from experience, or is that an opinion from watching too many Chuck Norris movies ?

To possibly preempt your response.
If you consider someone who holds a black belt in martial arts and studied for over 10 years a "trained martial artist", then yes, I am one.
So from someone with some experience, your second paragraph is wildly inaccurate.
Any physical confrontation is seen as a problem.
I suspect you have not yet grasped the pebble, Grasshopper.

Yes, I am a well trained martial astist. Actually I hold three belts at the highest level. So, who are you calling. Grasshopper? Grow some hair on your chest before you start the name calling.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Yes, I am a well trained martial astist. Actually I hold three belts at the highest level. So, who are you calling. Grasshopper? Grow some hair on your chest before you start the name calling.

Grasshopper was tongue in cheek, and you should have recognised it as such, as I still  maintain you are incorrect about your assertion concerning dealing with someone with a knife.
Maybe, with your training and confidence, you feel it wouldn't be a problem for you specifically, but that is not the general attitude in martial arts.

BTW just for my edification, what are "the belts at the highest level" ?

ps I love the testosterone reference. Luckily I am trained to deal with indignation.

Edited by tilaceer
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, tilaceer said:

Aggressive little sod, aren't we ?
Grasshopper was tongue in cheek, and you should have recognised it as such.
BTW just for my edification, what are "the belts at the highest level" ?
And I still maintain you are incorrect about your assertion concerning dealing with someone with a knife.

Not agressive at all. Just don´t let people deal with me how they wish. We all have our preferenses.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Shotokan Karate and Taekwondo. As well as I am also well versed in Caopeira.

Now you know that, and I will let you be with your thoughs and opinions. Have a great day! I will. ????