No Tot For Farang In Rayong (ban Pae).

fisherd3

Went to ToT office in Ban Pae today to attempt to have a telephone line installed at condo, my lady was told 'Farang cannot make contract'. Lucky she was there because she was 'allowed' to contract even though she has no paper connection with the address whatever. :o

Went to ToT office in Ban Pae today to attempt to have a telephone line installed at condo, my lady was told 'Farang cannot make contract'. Lucky she was there because she was 'allowed' to contract even though she has no paper connection with the address whatever. :o

As far as I understand it they will only give a fixed line contract to the owner of the house or appartment and then if this is a foreigner they may also ask for a copy of your workpermit (other equal visa status or residents certificate seems to be unknow to most Thai government agencies/companies here and are often refused , as the instruction sheets for lower level staff says "workpermit copy" they follow this rule to the letter even if you have a residents certificate and thats about the highest "status" a foreigner can get here) but this seems to depend on who you happen to be dealing with at the TOT office.

Fact they will give a Thai national who is not connected to that condo a contract for it is completely crazy as I stated above it needs to be the owner or who is on the house registration book or maybe even a rental contract would do , but then again who cares you got your line :D

Edited by brianinbangkok

Went to ToT office in Ban Pae today to attempt to have a telephone line installed at condo, my lady was told 'Farang cannot make contract'. Lucky she was there because she was 'allowed' to contract even though she has no paper connection with the address whatever. :D

As far as I understand it they will only give a fixed line contract to the owner of the house or appartment and then if this is a foreigner they may also ask for a copy of your workpermit (other equal visa status or residents certificate seems to be unknow to most Thai government agencies/companies here and are often refused , as the instruction sheets for lower level staff says "workpermit copy" they follow this rule to the letter even if you have a residents certificate and thats about the highest "status" a foreigner can get here) but this seems to depend on who you happen to be dealing with at the TOT office.

Fact they will give a Thai national who is not connected to that condo a contract for it is completely crazy as I stated above it needs to be the owner or who is on the house registration book or maybe even a rental contract would do , but then again who cares you got your line :bah:

Crazy Thailand = Correct :D :D :D (I love the bizarre, I appreciate by farang standards)

(I have three phone lines in my name in Pattaya no problem at all) :o

Edited by fisherd3

I had problems with the old landlords line for ADSL.. Techs told me after a year of screwing around that I should just get a new line installed from a different junction box..

I went, cancelled the landlords line, had a line installed in my own name, got ADSL on the line.. Not once was I aksed for a visa or anything (passport copy).. They even appreciated that the landlord whose name the other line was in lives in the UK and cancelled his line without approval from him, was obvious I was paying the line and when they baulked I just said "fine, I wont pay the bills any more, up to you, they soon decided to cut it"..

Guest Reimar

Normally you'll need a paper signed from the Landlord a kind of Power of Authority, copy of your Passport with Non Resident or Resident Permit, Tourist Visa isn't work.

Normally you'll need a paper signed from the Landlord a kind of Power of Authority, copy of your Passport with Non Resident or Resident Permit, Tourist Visa isn't work.

"Normal" is according to whomever happens to be the low-level clerk at the TOT phone office when you show up.

I needed none of the above, and have installed three phone lines in four years at two different residences.

Guest Reimar
toptuan wrote: """Normal" is according to whomever happens to be the low-level clerk at the TOT phone office when you show up.""[/quote}

"Normal" by this means: The official Rule! How and Who dealing with this, stand on a different paper! Low Level or High Level! Doesn't matter!

Surely 'official rule' means the local TOT boss..

I also have had lines without a non imm and my last lot they didnt ask for one (tho I do now have it) and dont have a WP..

I have never seen anything in writing from head office TOT to claim either way.. Once again its all in the interpretation of the person doing the install..