Russians and Indian high spenders in the plans as Thai tourism minister HALVES 2021 assessment

webfact

3 hours ago, davidmann said:

wish i had job like that. ,getting. paid for talking a load of S 

Totally agree, but it it makes him and the Government look ridiculous, maybe that's what he was going for??

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Start devoting more time to your posts, please. Nearly every time I see someone complaining, or observing a shortfall within Thailand, some guy, who has not taken the time to think things through, nor to devote any focus or effort to a reasonable reply, says something like "Perhaps Thailand is not for you", or stop whining, or maybe you should leave, or the top prize, "if you do not like it here, go back to your own country". Hard to even respond to such statements. Why? Because I have some issues with the place? Sorry to inform you, but the nature of a discerning mind, is to have issues. Though absolute contentment must be a beautiful state of mind, it is not something most of us are blessed with, in case you have not noticed. The fact that I complain, does not mean I do not love Thailand, nor most of it's people. I do. 

I love my life here. I have a very good life here. But, I do have some complaints, and there are some things I would love to see improved. I should leave because of that? Please. Next time you make a post, try to devote at least two moments of thought to it. Most of us are members, so we can whine a bit.

Stop complaining, if you don't like a post, don't read it. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, petermik said:

Another day and another fancyfull statement coming from someone who hasn`t the slightest idea about what they are talking about...:whistling:

But enough money in the bank not to have to worry.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

I think it would be a good idea to offer all the Russians free Kawasaki 1300's on arrival.

Maybe the last day, if it's on arrival they won't live long enough to spend anything.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, nausea said:

Thailand's attraction for me, when I lived in the UK, was always the visa exempt entry. Like you just got on the plane, arrived, and enjoyed. No planning needed, often it was a spur of the moment decision. I don't know about other nationalities, but all these barriers to entry would definitely have been a turn off for me. I wouldn't be here now under current entry conditions. Now you might say "so what", a few UK guys not coming makes little difference; but that easy introduction to Thailand made me want to live here, and spend millions of baht here. Small pennies, I suppose, in the general scheme of things.

I couldn't agree more. As I'm from a non English speaking country, I couldn't find the right words. You did it for me. Thanks.

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Will he never learn? He can hype up different sorts of quarantine all he likes to make it sound rosy, but it is still quarantine, and tourists are not going to put up with it in numbers, end of story.

These people are living in a bubble on a different planet ... But then that’s not a new thing ... You haven’t even started vaccinating 5555

12 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

Both my Brother and my Son did exactly that . They are both wealthy . My son hired a beachfront Villa at Fisherman’s Village in Samui for the family and My brother and his wife stayed in the Centara in Hua Hin . Both love good wines. They both were appalled by the prices and lack of availability of decent wines . 

neither will ever return to Thailand.

If you can chose your holiday destination without doing sums you would not ever consider Thailand for return visits. 

I, on the other hand , revel in simplicity , or rather cheap cheap , and I love Thailand. But then again ... I don’t drink alcohol... correction... I can’t ! lol! 

Along with prices that match shopping in Regent St London and no help with Visa deployment .. Why would you come ... Only simple bonus was 30 day visa that allowed you a few weeks partying in Cowboy and then back to work .. These people think 2 weeks give them money for Daily Kow pat guy and after that 2 days sight seeing then home to work 555555 .. Portugal with the better golf and Brazilian Burds will do me .. “;0) Less hassle

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can’t blame them for focus on wealthy Indian and Russians.  Today the mighty Baht trounced the Euro, Pound and USD.  Thailand becoming less and less alluring with every Satang Baht rise.  The Chinese Yuan also seems to rise as well...hmmm.

7 hours ago, nausea said:

Thailand's attraction for me, when I lived in the UK, was always the visa exempt entry. Like you just got on the plane, arrived, and enjoyed. No planning needed, often it was a spur of the moment decision. I don't know about other nationalities, but all these barriers to entry would definitely have been a turn off for me. I wouldn't be here now under current entry conditions. Now you might say "so what", a few UK guys not coming makes little difference; but that easy introduction to Thailand made me want to live here, and spend millions of baht here. Small pennies, I suppose, in the general scheme of things.

you are 100% right...ease of access is always a winner,only the desperate to get back would go through all the hoops and expense to get here.These projections by the tarot card readers is purely to placate a growing anger by the tourist industry who are broke or going broke.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phantomfiddler said:

I for one am sorely confused, aren't these the people who destroyed Pattaya in the first place  !!!

Yep....it seems everyone is welcome except those from western democracies......???

Edited by Surelynot

Oh so now it's Russians.  Yeah right.  

Nyet.

And high class Indians?  They sure didn't treat them as high class when I last flew through there.  Some of them had to wait hours to get through immigration.  Oh well, their new "high quality tourists" they are always seeking.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Can’t blame them for focus on wealthy Indian and Russians.  Today the mighty Baht trounced the Euro, Pound and USD.  Thailand becoming less and less alluring with every Satang Baht rise.  The Chinese Yuan also seems to rise as well...hmmm.

GBP is still over 42, don't understand your post. ??

20 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

GBP is still over 42, don't understand your post. ??

It's down on the TT site 41:95 and the € $ have also dropped,it's minor at the moment.Its reported in the UK press that the Brazil variant has arrived,they can't trace one of the positives because he didn't fill in the contact form when he took the test on arrival.Whats that got to with this thread? According to the Grauniad it might mean that Brits won't be traveling anywhere this summer.

1 hour ago, bermondburi said:

Stop complaining, if you don't like a post, don't read it. 

How do you know you don't like a post until you've read it?  It's like "unthinking" something - impossible!

• Like 2

This guy must have inherritate his billions because he sure didn't become a billionaire with his own calculations . And i geuss he bought the 50.000 vaccines for himself to open up his plans , there go 50.000 shots that where meant to be for the thai people in healthcare etc.