Jump to content

A passport to go to the bar? Intriguing possibility of "vaccine passport" to visit entertainment venues in Thailand


webfact

Recommended Posts

A passport to go to the bar? Intriguing possibility of "vaccine passport" to visit entertainment venues in Thailand

 

3pm.jpg

Picture: The Standard

 

It may not be only international travel that is affected by plans being mulled and put into place in several countries for "vaccine passports".

 

They may have an impact on what people can do with ease domestically.

 

Thai news site The Standard rounded-up the latest situation regarding vaccine passports.

 

In their preamble they said that once you needed a visa to visit a country. But the pandemic changed much of that.

 

After Covid-19 took the world by surprise you needed a "Covid-19 free certificate" to travel.

 

Now it is increasingly looking like you might need proof of having been vaccinated before you can go abroad.

 

But as they pointed out the so-called vaccine passport is not just for international movement.

 

Such a document could be mandated to enter places where large numbers of people congregate in close proximity.

 

That would mean "the entertainment industry and sporting events" as The Standard pointed out.

 

So it might be necessary to hold a document to go to a pub, beer bar or disco in the future.

 

That would mean an even greater urgency to get vaccinated for people who enjoy a beverage or a night out.

 

The article did not say that this was yet being mulled in Thailand but it appears that all suggestions are currently on the table.

 

The Ministry of Public Health have already published infographics of the step by step process of how vaccination will work.

 

This includes online notifications of jabs and other protocols about receiving vaccinations. A step-by-step way forward has been announced.

 

The Standard noted that Israel has already issued a "Green Pass" that is a kind of vaccine passport (VP) that appears to be for internal use.

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-02
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, webfact said:

So it might be necessary to hold a document to go to a pub, beer bar or disco in the future.

What about the massage parlor?  Sorry handsome, no happy ending for you without your vaccine passport.

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

So it might be necessary to hold a document to go to a pub, beer bar or disco in the future.

A lot of businesses are on the bones of their ar*e due to lockdowns, closed borders etc., and they are expected to turn away future custom because someone doesn't have a "vaccine passport" !

Sorry, ain't going to happen in a lot of places, especially smaller establishments.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing new as they already started doing that in Israel for people who already received the full vaccine and have proof can enter bars, restaurants gyms etc....Like or not eventually it will be the new norm.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The idiocy reaches new levels. 

 

I honestly think they are so thick they think they are geniuses. 

Ahh come on dont be too hard on them, some bright spark actually thinks he/she is a genius coming up with that.😜😜

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, webfact said:

Such a document could be mandated to enter places where large numbers of people congregate in close proximity.

It's almost like the Junta wants to close all entertainment venues.

Or at the least make them unprofitable.

 

As long as I don't need a vaccination passport to load up with booze at Makro, I'm good to go.

If only I could order online, I wouldn't even need to go out ......... but they banned online alcohol sales.

Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, webfact said:

The article did not say that this was yet being mulled in Thailand but it appears that all suggestions are currently on the table.

 

Big news worthy of repeating with massive out of context headlines, then...

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

It's almost like the Junta wants to close all entertainment venues.

Or at the least make them unprofitable.

The conservatives in government have repeatedly stated their aim to reduce the visible sex-for-sale industry and to try and move the country on from a reliance on sex-tourism.

 

The future is busloads of Chinese following a man with a cuddly toy on a stick. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

What about the massage parlor?  Sorry handsome, no happy ending for you without your vaccine passport.

and possibly no happy ending ever if the staff have not been vaccinated and you catch it from them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

but already existing 2 thai applications, as well as a new one for foreign tourists, are much better options, because they can actually trace spread of virus.

and data about vax or being ill or positive in the past can be incorporated in those applications.

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's almost like the Junta wants to close all entertainment venues.

Or at the least make them unprofitable.

 

As long as I don't need a vaccination passport to load up with booze at Makro, I'm good to go.

If only I could order online, I wouldn't even need to go out ......... but they banned online alcohol sales.

Haven't they banned publicity of alcohol as well?

I see the premier league on TRUE and there is always a beer company publicity popping up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get yours in 48hours, delivered to your home, free of charge.

Free upgrade: Chose the colour of your "get out of jail" passport.

 

We can add for a small fee, additional conditions such as:

Access to massage parlours,

Access to happy .... things,

Access to farang bars.

 

Get your now from Zalada direct for 9,999Baht, all inclusive.

668034EB-55FD-43F9-838E-A0E27AC91255_4_5005_c.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, internationalism said:

but already existing 2 thai applications, as well as a new one for foreign tourists, are much better options, because they can actually trace spread of virus.

and data about vax or being ill or positive in the past can be incorporated in those applications.

plus the unique applications for Phuket and Chiang Mai provinces, and probably others I've not heard about.

How many can your smart phone handle, if you've actually got one.

Turn it the other way round are the 20 customers and staff going to get a message "Infected person approaching shut the door quick".

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Get yours in 48hours, delivered to your home, free of charge.

Free upgrade: Chose the colour of your "get out of jail" passport.

 

We can add for a small fee, additional conditions such as:

Access to massage parlours,

Access to happy .... things,

Access to farang bars.

 

Get your now from Zalada direct for 9,999Baht, all inclusive.

668034EB-55FD-43F9-838E-A0E27AC91255_4_5005_c.jpeg

Does it come with money off vouchers

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Haven't they banned publicity of alcohol as well?

I see the premier league on TRUE and there is always a beer company publicity popping up.

Ah, that “bao bao, bao bao” commercial for Leo. A boring ride in the elevator at work somehow ends in a pool party. At the end the announcer says “Soda Leo”, as the text below the logo reads “Leo Soda Water”. That is what they’re merely advertising. Same with the young rapper who takes a swig of his “Soda Singha”. Purely innocent carbonated water. Heh.

 

Of course, every Thai knows that soda water is intended to be mixed with liquor, and you’re also supposed to purchase the matching Leo and Singha beers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Of course, every Thai knows that soda water is intended to be mixed with liquor, and you’re also supposed to purchase the matching Leo and Singha beers.

You mix beer with soda water?

Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The conservatives in government have repeatedly stated their aim to reduce the visible sex-for-sale industry and to try and move the country on from a reliance on sex-tourism.

 

The future is busloads of Chinese following a man with a cuddly toy on a stick. 

Who do the Russian tourists follow?, The overweight Russian lady in the babushka taking them around seeing the sites and then taking them to the all you can eat Borscht cafe?.

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Does it come with money off vouchers

Yep, just like the famous Disneyland e-ticket books of years gone by.....wonder if the bargirls would give an e-ticket ride for a voucher.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You mix beer with soda water?

Mix the soda water with liquor for some cocktails. Then after a few cocktails, switch to beer. Or vice versa. Too many cocktails and I start getting headaches, not to mention tipsy too quick, too much beer and I get bloated. I know some don’t like this, and stick with one or the other, but not I.

Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, nightfox said:

Nothing new as they already started doing that in Israel for people who already received the full vaccine and have proof can enter bars, restaurants gyms etc....Like or not eventually it will be the new norm.

However I believe that a very significant number of Israelis have already been vaccinated, by their national healthcare system. 

How many have,to date, been vaccinated here?

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yep, just like the famous Disneyland e-ticket books of years gone by.....wonder if the bargirls would give an e-ticket ride for a voucher.

In my local massage parlour, there will be a "loyalty card".

Book 10 foot massages and get a free hand massage. 

Told by a friend.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, AlfHuy said:

In my local massage parlour, there will be a "loyalty card".

Book 10 food massages and get a free hand massage. 

Told by a friend.

What's a food massage?

 

I always fancied being covered in chocolate and thrown to the lesbians...

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
15 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Of course, every Thai knows that soda water is intended to be mixed with liquor, and you’re also supposed to purchase the matching Leo and Singha beers.

You mix beer with soda water?

 

Shandy aint bad 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

What about the massage parlor?  Sorry handsome, no happy ending for you without your vaccine passport.

I'd wager an extra 500 solves that situation very quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nightfox said:

Nothing new as they already started doing that in Israel for people who already received the full vaccine and have proof can enter bars, restaurants gyms etc....Like or not eventually it will be the new norm.

 

in a few years from now it will be as easy as just walking into the place you want to go. the sensor will automatically detect your phone and scan you in or out. it will be required to get into any and all of the things you listed.  hotels. trains. planes. etc etc etc

 

there will be hold outs and the not me crowd. but eventually even to renew ID or a passport or anything in your life. you will require that sweet sweet qr code. many here will not live that long but there are some of us that will. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...