Scotland's first minister Sturgeon faces resignation call amid row with predecessor

webfact

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Did it?

Those "banana republics" now have far more international clout as part of the EU than the UK does out of it.

Some would argue that the UK is now a banana republic. Although given we we still have an unelected head of state I suppose the correct term would be banana kingdom.

" unelected head of state "? What are you on about?

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Did it?

Those "banana republics" now have far more international clout as part of the EU than the UK does out of it.

They,ll a!so have " freedom of movement " to settle in scotland,should they join the eu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

" unelected head of state "? What are you on about?

We get a vote on who gets to be queen now?

Why was I not informed?

And why has an opportunity to have a hit TV show called "The Great British Queen talent vote" been squandered? 

For what its worth if you had applied to the show I would have voted for you. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, kingdong said:

They,ll a!so have " freedom of movement " to settle in scotland,should they join the eu.

Just like they had before, when they were a major contributor to the growth of our country. They will be very welcome to return again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Just like they had before, when they were a major contributor to the growth of our country. They will be very welcome to return again.

Dunno if the eastern europeans will be able to undercut the cheap labour trying to get in from the Peoples Democratic Kingdom of Brexitland.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Dunno if the eastern europeans will be able to undercut the cheap labour trying to get in from the Peoples Democratic Kingdom of Brexitland.

Oh i don,t know,with a little help from their friends i.e " self employed""emp!oyment contracts,zero hour contracts ( formerly made possible by freedom of movement,now made possible thanks to the unemployment created by the corona pandemic ) sure they,ll cope.

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Joking apart people are really struggling. Zero hours contracts are a damned disgrace in my opinion. Also the trend to push people off the unemployment lists and into self employed status has been devastating for many. 

The UK is not in a good place given the pressures from corona and Brexit.

Agree on your first point ,on your second i beg to differ,the " self employed " status is a way to get round paying the minimum wage,however a recent court case involving uber who lost,has meant all its workers are in fact employees,this should have implications to any employee using such a practise

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Glad to hear it,and lets hope they put on a few extra courses when they rebuild hadrians wall.

• Haha 2

Not sure what everyone is talking about here. This issue is all about reining in radical feminism which has gaslighted all women into believing they are victims. The mounting hysteria has been been tearing society apart and is destroying innocent men's lives every day.

Partisan politics, independence, the EU - whatever - is all trivia compared to this issue which concerns the very fabric of society. That's why Sturgeon has to go.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I genuinely think that they would split either in the run up to day 1, or in the immediate aftermath. My preference, in the event of a Yes vote, would be for a coalition government to be formed to lead us through the process with eections within 1 year of independence. 

I can't imagine ambitious politicians (the likes of Sturgeon, Salmond etc) would just walk away after being given the power to run the country. But I guess that's another topic. 

4 hours ago, david555 said:

(Is it contagious ...? Or are they both fed up with Boris doings ????...?   )

Welsh independence support surges to historic high - major warning for break-up of UK | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Welsh independence support surges to historic high - major warning for break-up of UK

SUPPORT for Welsh independence has surged to its highest ever level, a bombshell new poll has revealed, providing a new headache for Boris Johnson as he fights to keep the UK intact.

By PAUL WITHERS

PUBLISHED: 00:01, Thu, Mar 4, 2021 | UPDATED: 07:40, Thu, Mar 4, 2021

more...

I think that most of the contagion is spread by you. 555. Do you never practice social distancing??  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I can't imagine ambitious politicians (the likes of Sturgeon, Salmond etc) would just walk away after being given the power to run the country. But I guess that's another topic. 

One can always hope, I suppose.

• Like 2