Scotland's first minister Sturgeon faces resignation call amid row with predecessor

webfact

14 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

While agree that it's a distraction from the topic, a serious allegation was made against david555. He has every right to challenge the accusation and the accuser. 

I don't take it too high,..... but i always return an arrow shot at me by sharpen the point al little..., nothing more , but seems only be the privileging of  the  same group only ....???? i don't mind a sharp post on me as long they can endure my answer ...????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

Polls are showing a sharp drop in support for Scottish Independence. People are waking up.

Personally? Yes I have grown tired of Scotland biting the hand that feeds it and dragging UK politics through the mud so I wouldn't be sad to see them leave, but that is my personal opinion and my respect for the 2014 Democratic process and result over-rides that.

Which polls? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Can you please link to this BBC report which told you that "recent polls in Scotland, majority in favour of staying in the union"? 

Sorry cannot do that, but i saw it on the BBC about 4 days ago, i look at BBC news every morning, and noticed it.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I thought they were talking about matt Hancock giving 800 million of taxpayers' money to his friends for contracts they had no experience in and could never possibly fulfil? 

Haven't heard much of her lately; think she is re-sitting her GSCSs.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

David555--what I was trying to convey, was that both of these person are for Scotland Independence.

That's why some of the posts suggesting dark forces from England --or England must be worried , are just smoke.

Alex Salmond Had been the leader of the Scottish national Party (independence) for over 20 years.

If he happen to take over again--little changes as far as that is concerned.

Alex Salmond had been accused and taken to court on trumped up sex charges--that's not in dispute, the Government apologized and paid him over half a million pound for the legal fees etc. What is being looked at now is how it happened -& it seems that the lady -(Nicola Sturgeon-) is reluctant to answer certain question on her part in the matter.

So the question is  if she was bound to pay for his legal fees by court or legal procedure  or not ? , ( as happens also in my country too , compensation for legal fees if not guilty ...) , as if she was not bound  then they have a case ....., difficult matter as smart lawyers would claim that defendant right's have be violated ....

Hence i said i don't like to dig in court cases as can take years to get final result of explanation ???? 

• Like 1

Its odd though. Previously for Brexiteers it was Salmond who was the bogey man.

Found not guilty but to them he was. No smoke without fire and all that.

Suddenly a volt face. Now its Sturgeon who's the black heart. 

If/when Sturgeon does resign then I expect those British nationalists/Brexiteers will be back to claiming Salmond is guilty as sin.

Within hours.

• Haha 1

Just now, Rookiescot said:

Its odd though. Previously for Brexiteers it was Salmond who was the bogey man.

Found not guilty but to them he was. No smoke without fire and all that.

Suddenly a volt face. Now its Sturgeon who's the black heart. 

If/when Sturgeon does resign then I expect those British nationalists/Brexiteers will be back to claiming Salmond is guilty as sin.

Within hours.

Come on Rookiescot .....a blind person can see this became politized  as an opportunity to try to break that independence movement ..... it is nothing more than that ...... hence my first post that the ......( "forbidden Engliphobia word use group" by vogie   ???? ) is shXXXing their pants  for that referendum  ????

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

a blind person can see this became politized  as an opportunity to try to break that independence movement

Ok --david555 as you have such an insight into UK politics --just walk us through it would you.

If the person who led the independence movement for 20 years (before it became so fashionable) and was the mentor to Nicola Sturgeon, Was to take back over again how is that braking the movement. Why is England xxxxx their pants?

Just count us as being all blind people and explain it simply.....Pleeeeeeease

***BTW just out curiosity David --what country do you come from?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Ok --david555 as you have such an insight into UK politics --just walk us through it would you.

If the person who led the independence movement for 20 years (before it became so fashionable) and was the mentor to Nicola Sturgeon, Was to take back over again how is that braking the movement. Why is England xxxxx their pants?

***BTW just out curiosity David --what country do you come from?

You all are sure not blind .... just fearing that referendum  to happen  .... hence allt he fuzz now  , very understandable from U.K. English point of view , trying to keep your Union together at any cost ..... very understandable 

Edited by david555
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

She hasn't been found guilty of anything so I will wait until I get the pitchforks out. 

Deflection? It is equivalency and the blatant hypocrisy of the TVF brexiteers who rally round our incompetent, useless and genuinely corrupt PM and his party. Sturgeon has been found guilty of nothing; the Nasty Party leadership's illegality and corruption is a matter of public record. 

But come back to me with your cries of the SNP being the nasty party when they have to be shamed into feeding starving children. 

More deflection.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Perhaps I could point out that David555 made an equally grave allegation: that the accusations against Ms Sturgeon were a result of "English dark forces shxxt stirring"?

Personally, I think that, as he is not from the UK, he can be forgiven for making the mistake of conflating England with the UK establishment. God knows, enough UK people make the same mistake (do you see what I did there?). 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1