Scotland's first minister Sturgeon faces resignation call amid row with predecessor

webfact

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

That's what I am asking. Where are you seeing this news? I see a noise on twitter and I see politicians try to exploit what is clearly an own goal by the FM, but you spoke of a trend in the polls. Where is that trend? 

I think most people continue to understand that independence is not the SNP, its freedom from Westminster and the hated Brexit disaster. 

Last poll I saw it was a slight majority for Union, but within the margin of error... so a toss-up...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Perhaps I could point out that David555 made an equally grave allegation: that the accusations against Ms Sturgeon were a result of "English dark forces shxxt stirring"?

That is literally your interpretation as i did not mentioned Sturgeon .....nice try ???? ..... seems you recognize something they are trying to do ....." avoiding that referendum at any cost "

Edited by david555
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Just count us as being all blind people and explain it simply.....Pleeeeeeease

You all are sure not blind .... just fearing that to happen  .... hence allt he fuzz now  , very understandable from U.K. English point of view , trying to keep your Union together at any cost ..... very understandable 

OK David555---I give up, you win,  your knowledge of British politics is far to deep for me to argue against---

& you still do not want to mention what country you are from David....

..........maybe understandable......:coffee1:

• Haha 1

Just now, sanuk711 said:

OK David555---I give up, you win,  your knowledge of British politics is far to deep for me to argue against---

& you still do not want to mention what country you are from David....

..........maybe understandable......:coffee1:

Many know from which country i am ,  but i know you are looking a way to deflect  on that  , like looking for a weak spot in my defense ..... by deflecting to that ,   really you can find tat easy by yourself , 

i am waiting  for the first deflection as soon you found , to get away from U.K.'s  Scotts problem on your heads ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Patong2021 said:

So are you saying that this woman has nothing to do with the political back stabbing and public humiliation of  the Salmond fellow? Are you saying that he has fabricated his story and that this Sturgeon is a "victim"?

I don't know ..... just waiting  future results and happenings , and being very curious about  it .....from a distance

13 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

How could he muster anything when the SNP government  blocked him from  presenting text messages and other information that supported his claims?

True or False:  The Crown Office  rejected his requests to release the documentation and instead threatened him and any journalist who published the information  that divulging the contents was liable to prosecution, on the basis that the law forbids publication of information disclosed to an accused person in criminal proceedings.

If that is how the SNP will treat due process, then  the Scottish people had best think twice  about the totalitarian  group they would bring in with the SNP.

True - but this is the baseline case in Scots law. It was not implemented to thwart Salmond - if my memory serves me correctly, he actually made it law when he was FM.

But you seem to be confused between the separation of political party / legislature / judiciary. They are all very separate elements.  

• Like 2

Well I'm going out for lunch but we will find out later today what has happened hopefully.

If I had to guess I would put store in what Salmond keeps saying. He keeps accusing Sturgeon of a "Lack of leadership". At no point has he said anything like "Sturgeon tried to get me prosecuted".

So I suspect what has happened is others in or close to the Scottish government/SNP will be the ones holding the poisoned chalice.

Now either Sturgeon throws these people under a bus or she tries to protect them and shoulder some of the blame herself.

Either way I suspect her position is now so compromised she will have to resign.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

If the person who led the independence movement for 20 years (before it became so fashionable) and was the mentor to Nicola Sturgeon, Was to take back over again how is that braking the movement. Why is England xxxxx their pants?

Not possible. Needs to be an MSP to become First minister. Hasn't been an MSP since 2016. Lost his seat in Westminster in 2017 and currently is the member of no parliament. Not even a member of a political party since his resignation from the SNP in 2018.

Also, the Scottish people are hardly likely to forget his role in the "Trump's golf course" debacle when Trump lost his planning application for putting a golf course on a SSSI and employed Salmond to get the decision overturned. A very dirty ex politician. No works for RT the government owned Russia Today.

A rival to Sturgeon? You're avin' a giraffe.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

I don't twist words, that is your strength in all of the debates.

I can remember exactly what you said, but you would only twist it as you do with all your replies, so as the world champion darts player Jocky Wilson once said 'what the point'.

What's the point? It gives your comment credibility. When I contest that you are willfully misrepresenting the conversation, you could then demonstrate, beyond doubt, that I was incorrect in my protestation.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Spin away. 

Screenshot_2021-02-01-13-50-37-299~2.jpeg

Thank you - so your point is what? Scotland, as a country, has had its resources expropriated by its parasitic neighouring country. If you wish to take offence to that, you are perfectly entitled to take that position but it would be a ridiculous position to take. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

My money is on her throwing them under the bus to save her own skin. She has form. She's not the type to accept blame when she can simply sack some loyal subordinate.

I dont believe she will resign but I hope I am wrong, for the sake of the Scottish people.

Who do you think would make a better choice of FM? Is there a more honest, decent party that you think should replace the SNP?

• Like 2