Scottish leader fights back in row with ex-mentor that threatens independence drive

webfact

42 minutes ago, vogie said:

You have had your referendum, I see no reason why the Welsh shouldn't have one, I mean it's only fair, as long as they also realise that it will be a once in a lifetime referendum just the same as yours was.

That is very generous of you, Vogie. I am sure that the people of Wales will be blown away by your magnanimous gesture. Caps will be doffed up and down the valley.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

So not different at all.

The EU is a sovereign country? Really? Well, you certainly learn something new every day on TV. ????

I'll tell you one more key difference. The leaving process. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

The EU is a sovereign country? Really? Well, you certainly learn something new every day on TV. ????

Where did I say the EU is a sovereign country?

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Where did I say the EU is a sovereign country?

You said the EU and the UK weren't different at all. 

I was pointing out that if one is a sovereign country and one isn't a sovereign country, then they are very different entities.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

That is very generous of you, Vogie. I am sure that the people of Wales will be blown away by your magnanimous gesture. Caps will be doffed up and down the valley.

I wasn't trying to be generous, only fair as I stated in my post, I am sure the rest of the UK would agree with those sentiments.

But on a more positive note, the only party that is gaining popularity in the valleys are the Conservatives, great news I think you'll agree RR.????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

I wasn't trying to be generous, only fair as I stated in my post, I am sure the rest of the UK would agree with those sentiments.

But on a more positive note, the only party that is gaining popularity in the valleys are the Conservatives, great news I think you'll agree RR.????

Seriously? Can you link to that, because I genuinely struggle to understand how anyone could look at the tories and not feel repulsed. 1% for nurses and millions of pounds to friends of Matt Hancock? Do you approve?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Seriously? Can you link to that, because I genuinely struggle to understand how anyone could look at the tories and not feel repulsed. 1% for nurses and millions of pounds to friends of Matt Hancock? Do you approve?

You know now how most of us feel when we look at the corrupt SNP.

I would look closer at your own health and education before criticising others.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/senedd-election-poll-seats-predictor-19906017

Screenshot_2021-03-05-12-17-31-558.jpeg

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

You ignore to say what happened to the judicial process and swords in Westminster.

Did Priti Patel break the ministerial code or not? Has she sharpened her sword?

Just another case of one rule for Westminster and another for Holyrood and you wonder why Scotland wants to leave.

Individuals come and go, it is the lack of respect for the devolved nations that will eventually kill off the so called "United" Kingdom.

But this thread isnae aboot Westminster and Priti Pratel is it?

If the SNP ascribes to the notion that as an independent nation, their government will hold itself to a far higher legal standard than Westminster, then surely there's no better place to start than in their currently devolved administration, no?

FWIW, the following are available as a job lot on aliexpress.

788755477_joblot.jpg.e24d2fa12bf2232f483d668a18e055a6.jpg

28 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I was pointing out that if one is a sovereign country and one isn't a sovereign country, then they are very different entities.

What I said was.....

35 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The EU is a union of sovereign states.

The UK is a union of sovereign states.

So not different at all.

Which caused you to draw the conclusion what I had actually said was....

34 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

So I guess we are back to my original point.

If Remain had won in the 2016 referendum and later in a general election the Conservatives and Brexit party formed a majority government having campaigned on giving a second EU referendum but the EU said no. You cant have another referendum. Would you describe that as democratic? Do you think that would be fair?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

You know now how most of us feel when we look at the corrupt SNP.

I would look closer at your own health and education before criticising others.

Screenshot_2021-03-05-12-17-31-558.jpeg

So not the only party gaining popularity at all? PC also on the up.

But you missed my second question - do you think that the nurses' 1% is a fair and reasonable offer?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

But this thread isnae aboot Westminster and Priti Pratel is it?

If the SNP ascribes to the notion that as an independent nation, their government will hold itself to a far higher legal standard than Westminster, then surely there's no better place to start than in their currently devolved administration, no?

FWIW, the following are available as a job lot on aliexpress.

Of course what is going on in Westminster is relevant - the very people who are baying for the head of Sturgeon are in the party that is utterly saturated in corruption. Their naked hypocrisy in blindly ignoring it is totally relevant as it exposes their actions for what they are - attempts at political point scoring. Attempts, as it turns out, which failed spectacularly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

So not the only party gaining popularity at all? PC also on the up.

But you missed my second question - do you think that the nurses' 1% is a fair and reasonable offer?

You missed my answer, start another topic if you want to deviate from "Scottish leader fights back in row with ex-mentor that threatens independence drive"

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Has the letter "U" been stricken from your alphabet as well?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

You missed my answer, start another topic if you want to deviate from "Scottish leader fights back in row with ex-mentor that threatens independence drive"

We cannot start threads in the World News forum unfortunately; but your loyalty to Johnson continues to be admirable. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

What I said was.....

Which caused you to draw the conclusion what I had actually said was....

So I guess we are back to my original point.

If Remain had won in the 2016 referendum and later in a general election the Conservatives and Brexit party formed a majority government having campaigned on giving a second EU referendum but the EU said no. You cant have another referendum. Would you describe that as democratic? Do you think that would be fair?

The UK is a sovereign country. You said the EU and the UK are not different at all. The logical inference from that is that the EU must then also be a sovereign country. Otherwise, how are they not different at all?

They are different, and you know it.

Therefore your original point is flawed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Of course what is going on in Westminster is relevant - the very people who are baying for the head of Sturgeon are in the party that is utterly saturated in corruption. Their naked hypocrisy in blindly ignoring it is totally relevant as it exposes their actions for what they are - attempts at political point scoring. Attempts, as it turns out, which failed spectacularly. 

When it comes to the Tories north of the border, I think we already know that it's not so much the "Conservative Party" as the "Clutching-at-straws Party" and they're flailing desperately.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

The UK is a sovereign country. You said the EU and the UK are not different at all. The logical inference from that is that the EU must then also be a sovereign country. Otherwise, how are they not different at all?

They are different, and you know it.

Therefore your original point is flawed.

No. We both know that if Remain had won in 2016 you and the Brexiteers would be livid if anyone or anything were to prevent another referendum should Westminster decide it wanted one.

More hypocrisy. 

• Like 2