Thailand plans to allow foreign tourists to quarantine in resorts

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So lets see, I head back to the US and take care of some needed business, get my vaccinations while their, then return and head to Phuket for a 2 week vacation.  Wonder if the GF could fly down from our condo in BKK and stay in the room with me after the 3rd day and I test negative....hmmm just a thought.

Good luck getting the jabs.  Most of us were on a waiting list for weeks before our call came.  On the day I was getting my first jab, they were sending people home who had come for their 2nd, rescheduling them 2-3 weeks later.  Supply chain problems.  My 2nd jab is scheduled for 3 weeks after my first. We'll see.

You may luck out and end up where the J&J one jab vaccine is available, but I wouldn't count on it.  It's pretty much luck of the draw.  My siblings got Moderna.  I got Pfizer.  Same city, different days and different hospitals.  There was no choice- take it or leave it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Airalee said:

My non-scientific observations tell me that the flood of people back  into the country has been slowing and will ultimately become just a trickle.  I say this because I have full view...well...one side...of a quarantine hotel from my condo and where 3 months ago, every room had a light on, now it appears to be at about 60% occupancy.  It’s different than trying to gauge empty condos where the owners might be out late, on vacation...whatever.  These occupants are confined to their rooms.

I view quarantine as being in a prison.  Quarantine in a resort might be a step up but not much different from being released from solitary confinement into the general population with prison yard privileges.  And with a resort...the cost will increase substantially.

No sale.

We live opposite a huge Mercure....never seen more than  half a dozen rooms occupied at any one time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

The ministry also expects a travel bubble plan with countries that have similar vaccine distribution in the third or fourth quarter of the year, Phiphat said.

So those that have vaccinated in the 2nd quarter are not allowed in the travel bubble plan in the 4th quarter, but those on 4th quarter vaccinations are?

1 hour ago, Frank Abegnale said:

I keep trotting this post out, here we go again . . . 

<Cue game show music> “You and a guest will fly to beautiful Thailand for two sun kissed weeks, enjoying the views, the sun (from your balcony), and tropical breezes (if you open your window), all while never having to leave the comfort of your hotel room. All this can be yours if the price is right!”

At least with this new proposed plan you can actually leave your room. 

maybe you can leave the room but the windows and balcony will remain nailed shut.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank Abegnale said:

“You and a guest will fly to beautiful Thailand for two sun kissed weeks, enjoying the views, the sun (from your balcony), and tropical breezes (if you open your window), all while never having to leave the comfort of your hotel room.

“You and a guest will fly to beautiful Thailand for two sun kissed weeks, enjoying the views, the sun (from your balcony), and tropical breezes (if you open your window), all while never  to leave the comfort of your hotel room.

Edited by fangless
  • Haha 2

i was allmost coming back to thailand, but stopped because of the FIT TO FLY certificate.

apparently it creates a serious problem, because i must get it 72 hours before the flight. and

i could not find a doctor that will aggree to do on time.

there are some clinics in thailand that offer online certifications, but those certificates are not

accepted by all thai consulates.

than i heard stories about airlines who did not accept some kinds of FIT TO FLY certificates, because they were not phrased properly. that refusal came on check in !!! and after the thai embassy provided the COE !! so the whole ticket and hotel booking was lost !!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

The kind of tourists who stay for 2-3 months are backpackers, who don't typically have the cash to pay luxury hotel prices for two weeks at the start of a trip.

In a covid-free world, I'd have almost certainly been in Thailand right now. As it is, I'm hoping next year will be OK.

• Like 1