New Buzzword: Area Quarantine - Thailand set to open resorts and islands as three ministries tackle tourism crisis

webfact

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Bubble should be the buzzword.  Each tourist will get their own bubble to stay inside of.

image.jpeg.a5805a9c2b7ede9e15911464157c9c70.jpegImage result for rolling body bubble bounce game

The Flaming Lips held a gig earlier this year with people in such bubbles-bigger really. Everyone could stand, move and dance in them. 

Flaming Lips stage unique 'space bubble' concert in Oklahoma https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55794674

• Haha 1

The Flaming Lips, sounds like the current government  here in Thailand with all of the lip service given to the public.  Well done. Just need the Songkran Water festival and they will be complete.

18 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The Flaming Lips held a gig earlier this year with people in such bubbles-bigger really. Everyone could stand, move and dance in them. 

4 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

... Meanwhile Brits, having been vaccinated, will be able to take their annual 2 weeks summer holiday in Cyprus without being incarcerated and gouged of their hard earned cash.

Have fun it’s not Thailand 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Bubble should be the buzzword.  Each tourist will get their own bubble to stay inside of.

image.jpeg.a5805a9c2b7ede9e15911464157c9c70.jpegImage result for rolling body bubble bounce game

Not a bad idea actually. Put a mini fridge in there stocked with beer and a laptop and I’d be happy. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Cyprus will allow British tourists who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 into the country without restrictions from May 1, its tourism minister said on Thursday.

Take note Thailand, this is the only way it will work ................LOL

Fortunately it is not up to you, or anyone else on this forum.

I do find it odd that they don't mention Hua Hin.

I know a lot of tourists tend to pass through HH. But there are plenty of longstayers - especially among the retirees and snowbirds like me who do stay for months on end renting and spending.

Still, at least it is moving incrementally in the right direction. They're obviously terrified of losing all of a second high season.

Edited by BusyB

"While the ministry of public health under Anutin Charnvirakul - who has masterminded Thailand's Covid-19 response strategies - will handle health and vaccine matters making sure that each and every Thai and foreigner is as safe as can be"

Including the "dirty unwashed" ones? And the ones who refuse to wear a mask? (Where is his by the way? Every pic I have seen of him spouting off recently he is conspicuously "maskless" while those round about him seem to be following the "rules")

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

... Meanwhile Brits, having been vaccinated, will be able to take their annual 2 weeks summer holiday in Cyprus without being incarcerated and gouged of their hard earned cash.

Only from May the 1st

Just now, sambum said:

"While the ministry of public health under Anutin Charnvirakul - who has masterminded Thailand's Covid-19 response strategies - will handle health and vaccine matters making sure that each and every Thai and foreigner is as safe as can be"

Including the "dirty unwashed" ones? And the ones who refuse to wear a mask? Where is his by the way? Every pic I have seen of him spouting off recently he is conspicuously "maskless" while those round about him seem to be following the "rules". Oh, I forgot, I think he changed his mind on that - didn't he?

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

I doubt that vaccinated tourists look forward traveling to a country where the locals haven’t been vaccinated.

A good test of the efficacy of their particular "jab"!