Eating There..if I Have To.

We live in BK now. Some friends are passing through the airport tomorrow morning and will have time to meet us. I only recall one eating place on the 'outside' ie outside of passport control..and it was on the 5th floor and awful. Am I correct that this is the only option to eat on the 'outside'...thanks

Agree eating places in Suwanna on the outside are awful....

If you dont mind eating with the "bears ".ie Airport workers then Magic Food is the bistro of the day.

Ground floor next to the bus booth. :o

theres 5-10 places on the floor below departure level (whichever number that is :D)

its got small cafe type places, with thai food, like black canyon, S&P and others, a couple of chinese places......well they are all in a row on the same floor...so you can just choose one of them

have to add though that the service in atleast one of them that i went to was below standard...especially for the price you pay.....its the pink decor looking one...avoid that one :o

hope you get better service from the other places

and on ground floor is a big food court.

We live in BK now. Some friends are passing through the airport tomorrow morning and will have time to meet us. I only recall one eating place on the 'outside' ie outside of passport control..and it was on the 5th floor and awful. Am I correct that this is the only option to eat on the 'outside'...thanks

When you say "passing through" BKK, I'm guessing you mean that they are on a DOM-INT'L or INT'L-DOM connection, and thus will be "land-side"? If so there are many (~ 6) decent places to eat on level 3 (S&P is always a safe bet), also on level 1 near door 10 there is a food court. In the check-in area there is at least one place towards the back of the hall and up ~ 2 levels. So plenty of options.

When you say "passing through" BKK, I'm guessing you mean that they are on a DOM-INT'L or INT'L-DOM connection, and thus will be "land-side"? If so there are many (~ 6) decent places to eat on level 3 (S&P is always a safe bet), also on level 1 near door 10 there is a food court. In the check-in area there is at least one place towards the back of the hall and up ~ 2 levels. So plenty of options.

Yes..going home...Phuket to SP...and SP to the UK by Thai. We will drive to the airport and meet them at the meeting point..meal and then off they go...Thanks for all the info Guys...........

The food court on the bottom level is fantastic and open 24 hours. It's full of airport staff in uniform so enjoy the food and the eye candy. I would recommend you go down to the lowest level of the airport which I believe can only be accessed by those conveyer belts, not the lifts. Then keep walking to your far left past the tunnel of the women's toilets and there you will see a small opening for "Food Point."

Buy your coupons and enjoy your last Thai meal away from the stressed hurried tourist riff raff on the upper floors.

Yes..going home...Phuket to SP...and SP to the UK by Thai. We will drive to the airport and meet them at the meeting point..meal and then off they go...Thanks for all the info Guys...........

You might want to verify that your friends will not clear Immigration in HKT. Most same-day pax flying TG HKT-BKK-INT'L have their bags checked through to their final destination and stay "air-side" at BKK. In that scenario you would not be able to meet them. Perhaps they are flying on different carriers for HKT-BKK and BKK-INT"L, or on separate tickets? In which case they should allow extra time at BKK to retrieve baggage, check-in, meet you for something to eat, then clear Immigration and make their way to the departure gate.

Another vote for the food court on the lower level. Good cheap food if you like to eat at the typical Thai food courts. Avoid the restaurant on Level 5 at all costs. Nothing but way overpriced food.

Another vote for the food court on the lower level. Good cheap food if you like to eat at the typical Thai food courts. Avoid the restaurant on Level 5 at all costs. Nothing but way overpriced food.

Burger King Combo:

Pattaya: 100bt.

Airport: 250bt.

Having said that, you know you'll pay it when you're hungry... :o

Burger King Combo:

The focus of this thread was landside eating places, not airside places. Is there a Burger King landside at BKK? None that I've ever seen, but haven't looked around much recently. I did roughly ballpark the prices at one of the airside Burger Kings after the airport first opened and they seemed to be roughly identical to those in town (Bangkok, not Pattaya), but I'm not a Burger King connoisseur, so can't say with much confidence that I didn't make a mistake. I just spot checked a couple items, not the whole menu. Overall there seemed to be a wide range of reasonably priced places both airside and landside, but with quite a few overpriced places as well. If you see something that's overpriced just move on until you find another place that has it for a good price. Bottled water for example varies significantly but can still be had for the same price as intown if you just look a bit. I don't see any need to complain about the prices myself because it's no worse than any airport around the world I've ever been to and in fact is much better than the average. At many airports there is no choice of reasonably priced food as there is at BKK.

Edited by Soju

Burger King Combo:

The focus of this thread was landside eating places, not airside places. Is there a Burger King landside at BKK? None that I've ever seen, but haven't looked around much recently. I did roughly ballpark the prices at one of the airside Burger Kings after the airport first opened and they seemed to be roughly identical to those in town (Bangkok, not Pattaya), but I'm not a Burger King connoisseur, so can't say with much confidence that I didn't make a mistake. I just spot checked a couple items, not the whole menu. Overall there seemed to be a wide range of reasonably priced places both airside and landside, but with quite a few overpriced places as well. If you see something that's overpriced just move on until you find another place that has it for a good price. Bottled water for example varies significantly but can still be had for the same price as intown if you just look a bit. I don't see any need to complain about the prices myself because it's no worse than any airport around the world I've ever been to and in fact is much better than the average. At many airports there is no choice of reasonably priced food as there is at BKK.

Thanks all

We ate at S&P its a fast food one so pretty bad compared to ones in town. They wouldn't accept my wifes 10% S&P card either..must be a King Power thing. Unfortunately my friend, married to a Thai, only eats english food so we were very limited for choice..bad luck for her as she has to cook two meals!

Off topic, here since Feb..have retirement visa now, driving licence..had the house a couple of years..and loving all................

The Thai food court on the 1st floor is probably the best option for variety and cheap prices. Its a little hard to find though. Go all the way down to the ground floor using the conveyors. When facing the front windows, turn to your left and walk all the way to the end of the building. You'll see a small corridor that continues straight on, looking like it only leads to restrooms. Walk down this corridor, and at the end is the entrance to the food court. Kind of like MBK's food court - buy your coupons to the left when you enter.

Since mostly locals and airport workers eat here, the vendors doesn't speak much English (although most of the overhead menu signs are in both Thai and English).

Up on the 3rd floor (just below the departures floor), my favorite is the Chinatown restaurant. Good food, quick and inexpensive. Excellent Jok/Conjee for 95 baht.