The Chiang Mai Farang Games

miltonbentley

On the rubber band thread Chanchao brilliantly (IMHO) suggested a Farang Games where competitiors compete on aspects of Thai life.

Taking the rubber band off a plastic bag full of sauce without spilling the contents is the first. Can we come up with others. If we get enough I'll even organise and host the Games.

Having a glass of beer without anyone re-filling it before it's time..

Driving and actually stopping at zebra crossings..

And for a running event.. Trying to hide from any shop assistant that is constantly following you around..

Buying something that YOU want and NOT what the shop assistant thinks you want..

I am sure these could all be sporting events at "The 1st Annual Falang Games"..

On the rubber band thread Chanchao brilliantly (IMHO) suggested a Farang Games where competitiors compete on aspects of Thai life.

Taking the rubber band off a plastic bag full of sauce without spilling the contents is the first. Can we come up with others. If we get enough I'll even organise and host the Games.

1) A bug eating contest where the object of the game is to eat one of each variety in the street vendors selection in the shortest time possible

2) Scarf back a plate of gai yaan (bbq chicken) khao neou (sticky rice) and sontam pet briou (papaya salad, spicy sour) with bpuu (pickled crap) and bplaa raa (fermented fish paste) I have to say I would be a winning ticket there. Can have a handicap system of no tissues and no water/liquids to wash it down

CB

Whahhaha BUg eating . rubber band loop. loud sound ..

seem like i am going to win . whahhaha

whahahahaha

-----

I really enjoy game and maybe we should really get together some day and have some kinda nerdies games ..

maybe Monopoly . or UNO . or some kinda game .. i miss those good old day .

Lets not forget the ladies events.

Doing your make-up while driving / riding..

Talking on your mobile while driving / riding..

The most amount of dishes ordered at a restaurant event..

Longest female hissy fit..

The highest pile of dirty dishes in the sink event..

Edited by Austhaied

Having a glass of beer without anyone re-filling it before it's time..

Driving and actually stopping at zebra crossings..

And for a running event.. Trying to hide from any shop assistant that is constantly following you around..

Buying something that YOU want and NOT what the shop assistant thinks you want..

I am sure these could all be sporting events at "The 1st Annual Falang Games"..

The championship event will be "get out of Rimping Supermarket for less than 500B" when you only went in there to get an apple

CB

Let's not forget the "Person who can stay the driest in the rain by placing their hand upon their forehead in a torrential downpour" event.

or the event that my wife excells at "cooking up a dinner for seven unexpected guests using only a tin of sardines, a cup of rice, a half dozen eggs, and the left overs in the fridge". Do it all on a single burner stove with only one saucepan and a wok. No cheating by using a recipe book and the total time to complete will be 20 minutes including preperation and clean up.

I struggle with instant noodles and a bought bbq chicken :o

Amazing creatures - Thai women

CB

1. another one for the females, see how many split ends one can find at the traffic light before it turns green while talking on the mobile phone.

2. count the number of drunkerds on bikes through the 1318 highway going to san kampheng through the 10km stretch. bonus : how many of them without brake lights.

Quickest U-turn on a motorbike when the cops are having a helmet check!

a little stall selling helmets just around there would be the best investment one can make. business opportunity not to be missed.

1. another one for the females, see how many split ends one can find at the traffic light before it turns green while talking on the mobile phone.

2. count the number of drunkerds on bikes through the 1318 highway going to san kampheng through the 10km stretch. bonus : how many of them without brake lights.

Or cars/bikes without any lights at all in the middle of the night.

One from the staff - how long can you squat Thai style on the floor while eating and drinking.

How about points for counting the most staff asleep behind the clothes racks in Robinsons and bonus points if you can get through a meal and out the door without the staff asking you if you are Finnish ?

I missed one beauty .

Can anyone manage to eat a bag full of those mini hotdogs and fishballs without managing to stick the skewer through the plastic bag and get the sauce all over their shirt ?

How about points for counting the most staff asleep behind the clothes racks in Robinsons and bonus points if you can get through a meal and out the door without the staff asking you if you are Finnish ?

They are saying, "Are you finish ?" :D because they'd like to get back to sleep.

Or do you wear a special T-shirt :o ?

ARE you Finnish ??

They are saying, "Are you finish ?" :D because they'd like to get back to sleep.

Or do you wear a special T-shirt :D ?

ARE you Finnish ??

Saw a guy in the street with a big long stick. I went up to him, and said " Are you a pole vaulter?" , he said "No, I'm German, and don't call me Walter"

Topical me thought! :o

ARE you Finnish ??

Not Finnish but every Staff member in every Restaurant keeps asking me if I am .

ARE you Finnish ??

Not Finnish but every Staff member in every Restaurant keeps asking me if I am .

Given your username, It must be a confusing conversation.

You Finnish? (Thinks of ThaiVisa username), "yes I am!", Plate with your 500 baht steak disappears with the waitress!

Dangerous username!

Phil

ARE you Finnish ??

Given your username, It must be a confusing conversation.

You Finnish? (Thinks of ThaiVisa username), "yes I am!", Plate with your 500 baht steak disappears with the waitress!

Dangerous username!

Phil

A name chosen to reflect my pet peeve when I go out to eat .

I am not finnish and deffinately not a Pimp either .

Paw Laos = Finished / enuff ?

Paw Laos also means , depending on the tone = Pimp

I love the Thai Language .

:D

:o

Finnish, are they asking this in English ?

For mallmagician : How do you make a Maltese Cross ?

(Ans. : Pour sand down his neck.)

Great joke! Like the :-

"what do you do if you come across an elephant in Chiang Mai?"

{Answer: Say sorry, wipe it off, then run!}

:D Too rude?

Phil

Say "No, but I'd like a Danish."

(Or maybe not, now that I notice your "signature".)

Anyway, I am most intriuged. Do you order big servings of herring ? Have you ever asked them why they ask ?

Has this happened to anybody else ?

Say "No, but I'd like a Danish."

(Or maybe not, now that I notice your "signature".)

Anyway, I am most intriuged. Do you order big servings of herring ? Have you ever asked them why they ask ?

Has this happened to anybody else ?

LMFAO! :o

Very dry humour. I like! :D

Suspect "Finnish" is being even drier.

Seems he got Thai-ed of us though. Perhaps he will reveal more tomorrow.

My other favoutite question in Chaingmai is " Hello, Chiang Mai sausage ? " .... To which I reply while gesturing " Keep it in your pants mate ".

And finally ...............something to ponder tonight , if you dont have a foot ( 12 inches ) to have massaged , is it possible to negotiate a discount of say 50% off ( or more ) ?

Edited by Finnish

Hmmm ... he hasn't Finnished with us yet tonight.

My other favoutite question in Chaingmai is " Hello, Chiang Mai sausage ? " .... To which I reply while gesturing " Keep it in your pants mate ".
That's in English ? Or a Thai pun going way over my head ?
And finally ...............something to ponder tonight , if you dont have a foot ( 12 inches ) to have massaged , is it possible to negotiate a discount of say 50% off ( or more ) ?

Certainly shouldn't be paying an arm and a leg.