How to recognize a load-bearing wall in a condominium?

On 3/13/2021 at 12:02 AM, fakser said:

To cakm yourself, 

1. knock with a small hammer on the walls in different points. Light walls will give you loud eco.Concrete walls will give you light eco and you will feel the hardness of the concrete

2. Take a light cordless drill with concrete drill and make few test drills. If it is concrete you will feel the resistance in depth of 3 mm. If it is light wall you will penetrate it easily. You can fix the hols with any putty.

That's not a way to check supporting walls. Merely checking cheese. ????

On 3/13/2021 at 12:02 AM, fakser said:

To cakm yourself, 

1. knock with a small hammer on the walls in different points. Light walls will give you loud eco.Concrete walls will give you light eco and you will feel the hardness of the concrete

2. Take a light cordless drill with concrete drill and make few test drills. If it is concrete you will feel the resistance in depth of 3 mm. If it is light wall you will penetrate it easily. You can fix the hols with any putty.

I don't possess a light cordless drill. Is it permissible to use a mains powered drill?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Hey Big Spender. 555555

I have to admit I only used it one time in my life for a week or so when I was about 15 years old.

It was amazing how I could drill big holes in concrete with no pressure at all. At that time Hilti had their patent exclusively and no other machine was anywhere near that performance. 

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have to admit I only used it one time in my life for a week or so when I was about 15 years old.

It was amazing how I could drill big holes in concrete with no pressure at all. At that time Hilti had their patent exclusively and no other machine was anywhere near that performance. 

I was joking and yes it's a good piece of tool.