Thai Families Can Grow Six Pots of Cannabis Each as Rules Eased

26 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Pro-tip: Next time don't smoke before posting.

Funny guy. Just google it. Then come back and tell me which part is false. Just saying that in 2020 it is a powerful drug that can have a negative effect on a small but significant part of the population. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Six pots worth nothing isn't going to help anyone, how ridiculous can they get?

On average, one plant produces around half a kilo of CBD oil, One kilo of CBD oil sells for $1500.

People still don't appear to get it.

Smoking dope is ILLEAGAL, taking CBD oil (the therapeutic extracted from a dope plant) IS LEGAL.

Growing dope to smoke is ILLEAGAL, growing dope to make CBD oil is LEGAL 

CBD oil doest get you stoned.

its irrelevant whether smoking dope is addictive, a gateway drug, or will cause dogs to start sleeping with cats. The Thai government is allowing growing dope, to make CBD oil, not for the population to smoke.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

People still don't appear to get it.

Smoking dope is ILLEAGAL, taking CBD oil (the therapeutic extracted from a dope plant) IS LEGAL.

Growing dope to smoke is ILLEAGAL, growing dope to make CBD oil is LEGAL 

CBD oil doest get you stoned.

its irrelevant whether smoking dope is addictive, a gateway drug, or will cause dogs to start sleeping with cats. The Thai government is allowing growing dope, to make CBD oil, not for the population to smoke.

Unfortunately they don't allow the use in every country   ???? a couple cases in Belgium for example.

I would love to grow industrial hennep (no THC) that would be a cash crop that provides a decent income for the farmers as they can grow it 3 times a year. But my guess is that only big companies will get a license. There is a huge demand for it by the industry.

Edited by SomchaiCNX
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

But my guess is that only big companies will get a license.

Right now you'd have to form a cooperative, called a "community" here. Quite a few of these exist and some have been approved for hemp production for a few years.

Just a few weeks ago things loosened up a bit...

https://www.thaitch.org/articles/members-news-thailand-opens-licensing-for-hemp-production-import-export-and-distribution/

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/let-there-be-hemp-anyone-can-apply-to-grow-in-thailand-starting-now/

Probably best suited for high-volume production techniques?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Six pots worth nothing isn't going to help anyone, how ridiculous can they get?

6 pots producing half a kilo of flower each x 25000 baht/kilo (community buy back rates) = 75000 baht per crop

..and all you need to add is a little water and fertiliser

Sixteen plants that are grown under a 600-watt HPS lamp could produce about 37.5 grams or 1.3 oz of marijuana per plant. Under perfect, outdoor conditions, you can expect yieldsto extend to 500 grams or 17.5 oz per plant. ... It's a good idea to germinate the seeds early on to allow the plants time to grow large.

src:http://www.akleg.gov/basis/get_documents.asp?session=29&docid=2167

conditions don't get anymore perfect than thailand for outdoor growing!! ????

Edited by GeorgeCross

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Surprising. For most it is less damaging than alcohol. For some though whereas alcohol will affect you bit by bit marijuana can make you dimwitted and slow and for a certain small proportion it can affect your mental health significantly.

While most enjoy it and it might improve their life I have known people who have slowed down to a crawl in a negative way and others who have lost it totally. It is pretty strong these days - much stronger than in the 60's. So those who take it for the first few times have to be careful.

alcohol is a truly addictive substance that leads to the debilitating condition known as alcoholism and potential death from alcohol poisoning, liver failure, heart failure, respiratory arrest

to bring into perspective:

20190629_woc294.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

6 pots producing half a kilo of flower each x 25000 baht/kilo (community buy back rates) = 75000 baht per crop

Market prices for the plant have been set, with prices varying from 30,000 to 45,000 baht depending on the Cannabidiol (CBD) concentration levels per one kilogram of dried Cannabis leaves. CBD is an active ingredient in cannabis-derived from hemp. CBD is a chemical that may help treat conditions like pain, insomnia, and anxiety.

According to the GPO, cannabis with CBD concentration levels of 12% or beyond, which is segmented as ‘A’ grade, will be sold to the GPO at 45,000 baht per kilogram. Meanwhile, ‘B’ grade cannabis with lower CBD concentration levels of 10-11.9% will be priced at 37,500 - 43,125 baht per kilogram, while that with CBD levels of 8-9.9% will be priced at 30,000-35,625 baht per kilogram.

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG210219191918282

500 grams of grade A dried flower per plant would be enviable here given the growing conditons (limited sunlight, rainy season, etc.) and available strain.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, J Town said:

I sprinkled that on my pot plants and they started growing better.

List ONE link that supports such rubbish.

In days gone by the Pharmacopiea had approx 14 pages of therapeutic uses for marijuana, then many governments decided to make it an illegal drug thus depriving themselves of another revenue stream.  Now some are waking up & making it legal in different forms

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

I can envision that this silly idea is a giant slippery slops for more problems policing and enforcing and regulating of this permit, this is a wacky idea that only in Thailand is is possible, as there are other less problematic idea to 'supplement incomes'.... 

They are also thinking about 'tourists' who might come for a 'taste' or 2......????????????????????????????????

From the article....

[While Thailand became the first country in Southeast Asia to legalize medical marijuana in 2018, its use for recreational purpose is still banned. Any flowers and seeds yielded from the crop grown at homes must be sent to state medical facilities as they remain in the country’s criminal code due to their high levels of psychoactive compounds, the minister said.]

This would make it rather impractical I would think.  I myself would be interested in growing cannabis.  Not necessarily to make money, but rather for personal use...like a hobby.  But the above takes the fun out of it!

• Like 2

good intentions but a bit vague and mixed message.

6 plants in a pot? if you plant it just in the ground and not a pot you'll be arrested? 6 plants, can be small or modest size, or anyone with gree fingers and the right seeds can easily grow good quality plants up to 2 meters tall.

the mixed message is, can use for medication but not for fun. cigarettes yes, ganga no.

but in the end, besides this, it proves again this governement is well ahead of its time and making progressive decisions. thumbs up.

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I myself would be interested in growing cannabis.  Not necessarily to make money, but rather for personal use...like a hobby.  But the above takes the fun out of it!

Yeah. That's never gonna happen.

I mean, legally, of course.

For a while it looked like this might be possible, for Thais anyway, but that was just a campaign promise from BJT.

Medical cannabis

Decorative leaves for cuisine

Non-THC/CBD "products"

Hemp

That's it.

1 minute ago, herwin1234 said:

6 plants in a pot? if you plant it just in the ground and not a pot you'll be arrested? 6 plants, can be small or modest size, or anyone with gree fingers and the right seeds can easily grow good quality plants up to 2 meters tall.

Six plants means six plants. Simple. 

1 minute ago, herwin1234 said:

the mixed message is, can use for medication but not for fun. cigarettes yes, ganga no.

can be sold back to the government/local hospital for processing into oil.

No keepsies, no fun.

3 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

but in the end, besides this, it proves again this governement is well ahead of its time and making progressive decisions. thumbs up.

Sure, if you say so.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, J Town said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6223748/
https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-addictive
https://cpha.ca/sites/default/files/uploads/resources/cannabis/evidence-brief-addictive-e.pdf
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-truth-about-pot/

According to ministerial regulations, the import of hempseeds for growing will be allowed within five years after being removed

Can anyone explain what this means please?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, J Town said:

here is just one of many, I have also seen the addiction effect on several friends and a family member, they couldnt survive without having a joint several times a day even when it severely effected their ability to function/think normally when they were not high, in moderation it can be fine,  I used it in my younger years as well as to help me get off opoids for pain(hemp cookies):  

Feb 23, 2564 BE — Learn why marijuana is considered addictive and how to identify the signs that someone may have a problem with the drug.
Edited by seajae