Thai Families Can Grow Six Pots of Cannabis Each as Rules Eased

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Just what I was thinking.... wandering around the streets of Amsterdam I found the smell quite nauseating 

I worked in Amsterdam for 5 years or so can't really recall it in the streets but in coffee shops the smell was bad. Then again i bought many times 5 grams of good weed in those shops. Once in a sealed bag the smell is gone. Also the smell can't stay long in the open air.

But i think there is a difference between the smell of smoking it (if you vape it there is almost no smell). And just the smell of it dried. Still strong but less strong then smoking.

Vaping weed IMHO is the way to go if  you want to use it. 

But even in Thailand there are edibles (cookies) available from certain shops that are really potent. The fact that they can sell this commercially without being shut down is strange. But to be honest never been to those shops just had a friend buy me some cookies a few times. Quite potent. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

So, from where can the 6 illegal seeds be obtained???

Hawaii ... best stuff I ever had when I grew it back home. Had enough to make some oil with it. WoW!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Marijuana is hardly a medicine. Even if it is, why would you want random locals supplying it to hospitals? They are sending out a mixed message, it's legal, it's not legal, it's medicine, it's not.

The fact is marijuana is an addictive drug that people use to get high. Smoking weed every day is not a solution to life. If you've got cancer or aids and want to smoke weed, then who are we to deny you that.

This is not weed to be smoked, nor can it get you high as it is CBD not THC. Cannabis oil is used all around the world as medicine, i personally have been taking high THC for over 5 years to treat my condition naturally.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, swervinphuket said:

This is not weed to be smoked, nor can it get you high as it is CBD not THC. Cannabis oil is used all around the world as medicine, i personally have been taking high THC for over 5 years to treat my condition naturally.

Another know nothing but I speak...

It is proven that CBD and THC works better together for any disease and it is not even something to discuss about anymore.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

I can envision that this silly idea is a giant slippery slops for more problems policing and enforcing and regulating of this permit, this is a wacky idea that only in Thailand is is possible, as there are other less problematic idea to 'supplement incomes'.... 

Interesting experiment by Thailand and similar things have been suggested elsewhere as well.  Smoking weed/cannabis is common place in Britain and pretty much everywhere else in Europe and beyond.  It is only a nudge away from being decriminalised in many countries with the only hold-ups appearing to be by squabbling politicians.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Can you share anything which might support your claim? LOL.

Cannabis production (growing), distribution, use remains illegal on both the Narcotics Act and and the Psycotropic Substances Act. Penalties are HARSH.

As of 2018 there was a move towards medical applications, and yes, individuals (Thais only) could get a waiver for medical use of government supplied cannabis "medicine".

Just try going out and learning it’s everywhere now. Now everyone has it. I’m not the only one here who knows it ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Marijuana is hardly a medicine. Even if it is, why would you want random locals supplying it to hospitals? They are sending out a mixed message, it's legal, it's not legal, it's medicine, it's not.

The fact is marijuana is an addictive drug that people use to get high. Smoking weed every day is not a solution to life. If you've got cancer or aids and want to smoke weed, then who are we to deny you that.

You need to do some research if you think cannabis is not a medicine, and who says people who smoke “Need a solution to life”..? <deleted> ????

In my opinion, sooner or later this or a successive government will legalise it.   The tide has turned.  I think the "War on Drugs', just like 'Prohibition', failed because governments failed to acknowledge the fact that many people like to "get off".   Look back through history and in just about every civilisation they had something to get off on, be it alcohol, ganga, mushrooms, opium, bark, etc etc.  And the people were happy lol. 

Come the war on drugs, the authorities clamp down, penalties are increased, supplies are restricted and then prices go up.  Bigger money then attracts a more criminal element, corruption, and violence.  Producers, smugglers and dealers are business people who take risks.  They weigh the profits versus the consequences.  Why handle a very bulky smelly 10 kilo of ganga when you can make the same money for the same risk on only 1 kilo or less of say meth, ketamin or heroin?  

So next thing is Cheech rolling up at his dealer's corner to score a bit of weed and he is told "there is nothing around man but I do have some good meth or some really good Oxy".   The war on drugs, including ganga, thus has led to a huge increase in the use of pills, powders and other harder drugs.  None of us has to look too far to see the enormous amount of damage caused by meth all around the world. 

I believe if ganga is handed back to the people, over time, certainly not over night, you will see the whole situation slowly reverse again where a man can come home after a <deleted> day and sit down to enjoy a spliff and it will be enough.  Legal weed will be more economical so no need to steal from his parents or break into the local store or sell his body (....I should have started with 'she' lol).    The use of pills and powders etc will fall.  Ganga will no longer be attractive to the criminal element including police or politicians.  Crime will be reduced.  And the people will be happy again!  

just my opinion.

• Like 2

It's amazing how people are denial about their addictions. But this is the same with many drugs, alcoholic, cocaine, etc. Cocaine is actually not physically addictive either but users have intense craving for it. Alcoholics think their Guinness Beer is medicine too.

If you smoke marijuana every day you are addicted. That is the definition. That is why you smoke it every day. Side effects will just become worse and worse. When you wake up, some of the THC has detoxified from your body creating withdrawal symptoms, anxiety for one. That is why people smoke first thing in the morning. So they actually think marijuana helps them relax or sleep but it is the opposite. So how can anyone say marijuana is not addictive? They are delusional. It goes beyond common sense.

negative-side-effects-of-marijuana.jpg

0418_ME_GE_Fig2.png

Edited by Don Chance

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai households can now grow six pots of cannabis each to supplement their income,

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Families may form communities to grow marijuana and supply the crop to public hospitals and state facilities, or use them to make food and cosmetic products as a fresh revenue source,

So which one is it.
An individual family can grow 6 plants each; or

A family who is part of a licensed co-op can grow 6 plants on their own land; or
A family who is part of a licensed co-op can grow 6 plants on their on a co-op behind a restricted area that will be highly monitored? 

This is all about as clear as mud.

On 3/8/2021 at 9:57 PM, Somchai Jackson said:

An individual family can grow 6 plants each

...with approval of all local authorites, seedlings provided by the authorities, although there were some seed suppliers at this expo too. Photo below just shows CBD dominant varietals.

This one would be my current read, but understand that this is all quite new, and up to local authorities.

Families and individual can be members of cooperatives.

This photo comes from a recent cannabis expo.

b7bf42cc-f1b4-4aa1-9857-ae78046349d4.jpg

158132255_3775642295889537_3345432334069165582_n.jpg

On 3/8/2021 at 6:57 AM, GeorgeCross said:

marijuana is no more addictive than ice cream - nice to eat and can turn into a habit but neither give withdrawal symptoms on cessation

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/marijuana-rehab/is-it-addictive

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/publications/drugs-health-products/cannabis-addictive.html

On 3/8/2021 at 1:42 PM, robblok said:

Sorry no experience, i once tried to grow a seed but it went too fast and the stalk could not hold its weight. So never really grew anything viable. So i don't know about the smell. But I do know about the smell of dry weed. It smells a lot, so im not so sure I would want to grow it in my home. (if it was legal and all for a foreigner to do).

Still with consumption not being legal and weed staying longer in your system then most other drugs (i mean longer detectable) its probably not a smart thing to do. Unless you can get a Dr card that you need it for medical reasons.

A friend tells me that everything you need to grow indoors (tent) is easily available online thru Lazada/Shopee. There are pages of items here,tents,fans,LED lights fertilizers and soil.Not to forget the carbon air filters to remove the odor when flowering.He also tells me the things all come in unmarked boxes. Its all available here and now folks.A little discretion and you're good to go.LED lights are very efficient these days,no heat and use only a bit of electricity.

etc.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 8:20 AM, Peterw42 said:

There is a massive difference between growing and smoking marijuana to get high, and growing marijuana to extract the medicinal/therapeutic oils, 

It's two completely different things. A marijuana plant contains tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD), THC gets you high, CBD is a therapeutic for pain relief etc.

CBD is a compound found in cannabis plants (a cannabinoid) that provides proven therapeutic benefits. It doesn’t have the same intoxicating effects as  tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)

Medicinal marijuana has nothing to do with smoking dope to get high.

People grow sugar cane that get distilled to make alcohol that goes in hand sanitizer.

It has nothing to do with drinking alcohol to get drunk.

Thanks,  I'm really  going to have to lay off  drinking that sanitizer, I  keep  getting  odd  looks at  all the malls  etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2021 at 1:46 PM, Surelynot said:

Just what I was thinking.... wandering around the streets of Amsterdam I found the smell quite nauseating 

Yes it does indeed smell a lot when in the flowering stage.Problem solved with growing indoors and using an inline carbon exhaust filter, it does away with all odor.

cannabis-growing-rooms1-1024x718.jpg

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

A friend tells me that everything you need to grow indoors (tent) is easily available online thru Lazada/Shopee. There are pages of items here,tents,fans,LED lights fertilizers and soil.Not to forget the carbon air filters to remove the odor when flowering.He also tells me the things all come in unmarked boxes. Its all available here and now folks.A little discretion and you're good to go.LED lights are very efficient these days,no heat and use only a bit of electricity.

etc.

Not going to start growing my own stuff that is a bit over the top and would take up space. I live in BKK in a rented house. Would not do it. If it was 100% legal also the flowers then id do in my home in Bangyai. But to be honest I not in desperate need of the stuff.

• Haha 1