Meghan and Harry to lift lid on royal split in Oprah interview

webfact

Oprah is allowing what you think she would be against. You would think Oprah wants to fight for the common man and women, such as the maids, but no, she'd rather fight for Merkel, as if she is some sort of victim in this scandal. What a weird world we live in.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Harry flew combat in a helicopter gun ship in Afghanistan, his second tour there.   Has anyone on here done anything remotely that brave and  committing, unless an old Vietnam vet?  Respect for his service.  He is far from an idiot and he has more millions now and coming then anyone on this forum.  So who are the dim ones here eh?? 

He’s as thick as a stevedore’s sandwich - that’s why he couldn’t pass the Staff College exams and had to leave.

1 minute ago, Bogbrush said:

He’s as thick as a stevedore’s sandwich - that’s why he couldn’t pass the Staff College exams and had to leave.

you don't get into the front cockpit of an attack helicopter if you are thick, fact.  H

He never went to staff college and there are no pre entrance qualifying exams. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, malibukid said:

bought a $14 million house in Santa Barbara to get back to "basics"  i feel so sorry for them.  snowflakes

yes, must be hell living in such a house and making such millions.  I would be very miserable if it were me. ????

This post subject is just riven with jealousy and envy. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

I feel so hurt that i might have to see a therapist!!!  that poor, poor darling Meghan wanting to kill herself - the Drama...!

and Harry 'cut orf financially'  the poor luv...  down to his last 20m it must be SO painful... what will he do??? oh he's with Netflix soon?  gruelling, dear, just gruelling what one must do to earn a shekel these days

We plebs just don't understand their pain of not even a title for little Archie... no Sugar, Sugar for Archie poor boy... cancel Eton?

Harry even had to PAY for his own security!  say it ain't so Harry... you must have felt so vulnerable flying economy - you did fly economy right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Harry flew combat in a helicopter gun ship in Afghanistan, his second tour there.   Has anyone on here done anything remotely that brave and  committing, unless an old Vietnam vet?  Respect for his service.  He is far from an idiot and he has more millions now and coming then anyone on this forum.  So who are the dim ones here eh?? 

Not about dim or not dim he was lucky to be born into that family. Many of us could have done what he did or better (or worse) given the same opportunities.

• Like 2

Just now, BobBKK said:

Not about dim or not dim he was lucky to be born into that family. Many of us could have done what he did or better (or worse) given the same opportunities.

I doubt that very much. I have seen the talent needed to do what he did in Afghanistan or afterwards with Invicta and it's not a common set of skills or strength of character that is exhibited by many. 'Many are be called, but few are chosen', seems to fit it quite well 

• Like 1

One of the many reasons I live in Thailand is because of the racism in England. When I married my Thai wife nearly 50 years ago I came in for a bit of criticism from some of the distant aristocratic members of my family. Previously I was engaged to the daughter of a very well-known aristocrat and there was a bit of a scandal when I broke it off. My  previous wife, whom I wasn't married to very long is now married into a Royal European family. She had the cheek to write and ask me not to tell anybody that I was married to her. I'm glad I left  that all behind, living happily in Thailand for the last 35 years. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

you don't get into the front cockpit of an attack helicopter if you are thick, fact.  H

He never went to staff college and there are no pre entrance qualifying exams. 

Being ex RAF you wouldn’t get it; in the army, to get from Captain to Major you have to pass the Staff College exams - that is what weeds out the dross.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

said she had been naive before she married into royalty in 2018,

what didn't you expect, megham? that queen elisabeth would accept a non white  royal heir in her family? open your ears, prince albert of monaco has a child with an african lady. their kid is 18 yo now, but of course  has no right to be called prince.nonetheless, everyone can tell, all human beings are born  free and equal. it's official since 1948....:-)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, curlylekan said:

I'm not British and I can see where there are plu and minuses to the royal family, but I'd take the royal's side over a Hollywood drama queen and her hypocrisy anyday.

Same ... not British and not a fan of the Royals.  That said, it’s just wrong to go public and air family matters in public.  Unfortunately, the motive for doing so appears to be very much financially driven ... though admit I could be wrong on this point.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pilotman said:

You don't have to be particularly clever to be born into wealth, he inherited £10 million from 

his mother.

Prince Andrew flew "combat missions" in the Falklands and he has his own faults. So that in itself 

cannot be a universal reason to deify him.

And, no, I don't have any military service whatsoever.

And I will acknowledge that his support for disabled veterans and the Invicta games were 

a great example of someone using their connections in a positive way.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I was in the Military for 24 years and had occasion to deal with them when I had to organise a display for Her Maj.  Even with the intervention of the RAF ADC, a good man, they were a nightmare to deal with.  No common sense at all and no understanding of what was being planned, or what had to be done to achieve the aim, just a supercilious attitude to the difficulties of the minions tasked with achieving it. Totally clueless. 

And I would challenge your view. I too had a chance to 'interact' with certain people over a period of time. and it wasn't just organising a display. Yes they were difficult people to deal with, of that I am sure, but like many monarchies, they live by a special code that is no less than horrendous by the ordinary persons standard. It may appear as a lack of common sense but it is more a case of having to ignore what other people see as common sense, through years of restrictions and mental control. Even MI5 and the like, have more control over their lives than the British Royal family, as some of the 'rules' go back hundreds of years. The law that covered royal marriage, more than 200 hundred years old, has been the root of other scandals in the past and was finally replaced not long before Prince Harry married but even so I feel sure it has an 'echo' somewhere. Imo, it may be that Prince Harry and the Duchess were/are planning to test the ramifications of royal law changes and perhaps other royals were aware of that, which, I have no doubt, would have caused more than a ripple through the family.

Edited by TKDfella
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2021 at 2:23 AM, Bob4u said:

Has Harry come out as Gay?

I'm laughing at all the jokes doing the rounds in the UK, probably would be banned if I  posted any!!

????????????????

On 3/8/2021 at 6:01 PM, Bogbrush said:

Being ex RAF you wouldn’t get it; in the army, to get from Captain to Major you have to pass the Staff College exams - that is what weeds out the dross.  

It's not quite that straightforward. You take an exam as a captain (it used to be called PQS2 but it probably has a much more complicated name now) in your mid to late 20s and there were two grades of pass. A pass for promotion meant that you could become a major in due course, but were very unlikely to be promoted further. Although not unknown to fail, most  achieve a promotion pass. A pass for Staff College meant that, provided you received the appropriate recommendations over a series of annual reports (3 I think) you were eligible to be selected for Staff College, which opened the door to further promotion.

As Prince Harry left as as a mid seniority captain I doubt that he took the exam.

Edited by herfiehandbag

On 3/7/2021 at 7:25 PM, Katipo said:

Harry used to be such a respected and likeable fellow. I'm struggling to feel one iota of sympathy for he and his wife now. 

Well the tabs have that effect on the common unwashed Englishman don't they? Whether it's the greatest custom union on earth or a royal combat veteran. 

The Royal Family's response was very dignified.

I don't believe Markle for a moment, playing the race card like that was so predictable. Always the victim isn't she. It's no coincidence that her own family dislikes her so much.

Like the RF said, these matters should be handled in private. Meghan washing the family's laundry in public in exchange for publicity is totally classless, but it's no surprise really from some B Movie, fame hungry, narcissistic actress. 

I loved the part in the RF statement about how "some recollections may vary". A very classy way of saying this woman wouldn't know the truth if it slapped her in the face. Well done.

• Like 2

In Meghan and Harry's Oprah interview, they claimed that a member of the family raised concerns about what colour their unborn child might be.
It's 2021. People shouldn't care if a baby is ginger or not.

• Haha 2

It took several days but we finally got a very short response to the H&M interview from the Royal Family.  The main points: 

Point 1.  The allegations in the interview are serious and they will be investigated privately.  Translation:  Nobody at The Firm thinks any of this is serious and there will be no investigation.  Meanwhile, the recently announced very public investigation of Meghan's so-called bullying of staff will continue.  Love the timing on that.  Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

Point 2.  People remember things differently.  Translation:  H&M are lying about everything.

Point 3.  Harry, Meghan, and Archie remain much loved members of the family.  Translation:  Much loved but not loved enough to provide them with security, even though they have received threats.  Much loved but not loved enough to take their calls.  Much loved, but not loved enough to prevent them from being cut off financially.  Much loved, but not loved enough to want to see them.   Much loved, indeed.