Meghan and Harry to lift lid on royal split in Oprah interview

webfact

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I disagree that Fergie had that agenda- IMO she was led by Diana, as she was, IMO, not one with a strong personality- she seems to have vanished now, and I can't imagine Diana "vanishing" if she was still alive.

Don,t intend to start a conspiracy theory,but diana acted controversially since her seperation.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't think anyone is disparaging Harry for what he did pre meghan. However, how many helo pilots go on to make millions?

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

The reason why their son doesn't have a title has nothing to do with racism, perceived or otherwise. Much as Markle and Winfrey appeared to wish it were so.

Who is and who isn’t a prince or princess in the British Royal Family and why doesn’t Archie have a title?

It is, of course, possible that Markle didn't know this; but the Prince Harry should have known that his cousin's children had no titles! If not, it would have been easy enough to have found out at the time.

Indeed, as that article says 

This blunder on her part throws the rest of her version of events into doubt. As the Palace communique diplomatically said: "recollections may vary."

Silly mare should have googled it up.

On 3/7/2021 at 4:32 PM, tonray said:

Most has been cutoff...but he got a 10 Million inheritance from his Mother, and also still gets a stipend from Prince Charles....basically he still gets an allowance and doesn't have to take out the trash, clean his room or mow the lawn to earn it

The Media will Not ask this questions' Who takes your TRASH.?

On 3/8/2021 at 11:27 AM, gunderhill said:

Why do'nt they stop calling him "Prince"  for starters, remove all  his cash if  he wants to be like the rest of  us.

They can remove the "Duke" title, but not the "Prince" title, which is his birthright. Duke was bestowed by HMQ on the occasion of his marriage.

He has a substantial trust fund left by the death of his mother, not really in financial difficulties

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I like the queen being head of state for NZ as it means we don't have to pay even more for another politician to be head of state ( including special building for them ), plus the election cost. IMO the less politicians we have to pay for the better.

NZ does. Its the governor general who is the queens representative.

16 hours ago, Credo said:

At no time did Megan indicate that he was 'entitled' to have a title.  The issue being discussed were related to the issue of security for Archie.   

Sorry; but you are wrong.

She complained that he wasn't a prince and said protocol meant he was entitled to be one.

Meghan told Oprah: "They were saying they didn't want him to be a prince or princess, not knowing what the gender would be, which would be different from protocol.” (Source)

As already shown; she was wrong in her statement about protocol. I still cannot believe that her husband didn't know the protocol as his cousin's children have no titles! Maybe it slipped his mind and he forgot to tell her?

As for security; it is unlikely that Archie was entitled to it; many Royals aren't except when on official engagements.

All the WORKING Royals who don't get full protection demanded by Harry and Meghan: Members of The Firm like Princess Anne, Prince Edward and Sophie Wessex don't have 24/7 security despite hundreds of engagements a year.

The Duke and Duchess resigned from royal duties and moved first to Canada and then to California. They don't do any work for the Queen and have not done so for at least 6 months. Why should I and my fellow UK taxpayers pay for their and their family's security?

They both have personal fortunes and spent a reported $14.7 million buying their home. In addition they have signed Netflix and other media deals reported to be worth multi millions of dollars. They don't need my hard earned cash; they can afford to pay for their own security.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 10:09 AM, Pilotman said:

Has anyone beside me on here ever met and interacted with UK Royal advisors and Palace Aides?  Bar the Military aides, they are a bunch of entitled stuck up morons.  Most of them live as if in the 1800s and cling onto outdated ideas of what is right and correct.  They are universally cringeworthy and lack any kind of common sense, or knowledge of what the real world is like.  I would not give them credit for anything, bar being able to plan a good parade. The were instrumental in the tragedy of Diana, cover ups of every kind are a way of life for them, in the name of 'protecting' the Firm

Can't say that I've ever interacted with UK Royal Advisers etc, but I was introduced to a well-to-do, estate owning couple whose daughter moved in the same circles as Diana.

They lived in Buckinghamshire on a large estate and also had some horses, and as I said, were well connected.

At a discussion we had, I mentioned Princess Diana and how I thought she had got a rough deal, and they totally agreed, also commenting on the Royal advisers in much the same ways you did, and they didn't have any time for them whatsoever.

I never thought of myself as a hater of the Royals, however there are many things that happen which test my allegiance, and Prince Charles fits into that category.

I couldn't believe it when he cold heartedly explained to his new bride (Diana) that he was taking a mistress, because his forebears had done so – – what a plonker, and it must've been terribly upsetting for the poor girl.

Not only that, in a conversation to this mistress, he was lamenting the fact that he couldn't become a tampon (yes you've read correctly), and one other incident which cemented him in my mind as a complete and utter plonker, was when he was giving a speech, and the Queen was present, and it may have been for his birthday or a similar occasion, however during the speech he had to refer to the Queen and referred to her as "mummy", which bought a few titters from the attendees, especially as he was about 60 yrs old!

Anyway getting back on track, have to agree with your comments regarding the Royal advisers.