Bigger can be better (monitors)

robblok

1 hour ago, bob89110 said:

I have found using a LED HD 4K 32" HDMI TV works as good or better than the monitor plus it's a lot cheaper than a PC monitor. Also, I have found using the HDMI cable and not the VGA cable, is the better setup for my PC.  Only thing you may have to do is setup your display settings, i.e.  1280X720, to what is best for you. Yes, I do know that Windows 10 and/or the graphic card will set it up automatically, but I have found that their recommended setting is most times either too small or too large.

Your a bit behind the times. I mean who uses VGA cables since there is HD its better to either use HDMI or display port. Been using those cables for years now. To have a fair comparison we need to know what your old monitor was was it also 32 inch 4k if not then sure a TV is better as it has higher specs. 

13 minutes ago, BigStar said:

https://i.redd.it/uthqjj8b2qn61.jpg

Yea funny, just love IT for work and relaxing.  But if not for work i would not have so many. Not that alone though, though i like alone a lot too.

Edited by robblok

I had a 24", a 32", a 40", all 1080P, and a 40" and 50" 4K in BKK.  I bought them in that order.

The best was the 40" 4K for all computer type work where I was sitting at a desk typing and working on the screen.  Excel spreadsheets were just like working on paper at 4K with amazingly crisp fonts and borders.  The 40" 1080P was just about as good for all but big spreadsheets.

The 50" 4K was just too big to see the whole screen without straining my neck.  It was, of course, great for watching videos at a distance.  I had the 32", the 40" 4K and the 50" 4K on my desk(s) at the office, but rarely looked at the 50" 4K except to put info up and refer to it without changing it.

The 24" and 32" screens were perfectly fine.  Until I tried the bigger screens.

Stuck in Texas as a Covid refugee, I'm typing at a desk and viewing a 40" 1080P screen.  I'd have spent the extra money for a 40" 4K screen had I known I was going to be here this long.

Edited by impulse

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

I had a 24", a 32", a 40", all 1080P, and a 40" and 50" 4K in BKK.  I bought them in that order.

The best was the 40" 4K for all computer type work where I was sitting at a desk typing and working on the screen.  Excel spreadsheets were just like working on paper at 4K with amazingly crisp fonts and borders.  The 40" 1080P was just about as good for all but big spreadsheets.

The 50" 4K was just too big to see the whole screen without straining my neck.  It was, of course, great for watching videos at a distance.

The 24" and 32" screens were perfectly fine.  Until I tried the bigger screens.

Stuck in Texas as a Covid refugee, I'm typing at a desk and viewing a 40" 1080P screen.  I'd have spent the extra money for a 40" 4K screen had I known I was going to be here this long.

Yea 40 inch at 1080p is too big IMHO at 4k it is just right. I stopped with non 4k long ago as i need to get a lot of excel on the screen and tax / accounting software. The more i can get on a screen the better it is.

• Like 1

A curved monitor has a relative big display. But dictates the position where you have to sit. Namely in the centre of display. That was a no go in case of having two windows next to eachother on a curved screen. My chair kept moving around just as the mouse. Second, when i remember correctly, the back plate, hiding the cables, was made of cheap modern fragile plastic. So, according my own personal experiences, bigger monitors are not always better, especially wnen they are curved and you've to work with multiple (two) screens next to eachother.

21 hours ago, jacnl2000 said:

A curved monitor has a relative big display. But dictates the position where you have to sit. Namely in the centre of display. That was a no go in case of having two windows next to eachother on a curved screen. My chair kept moving around just as the mouse. Second, when i remember correctly, the back plate, hiding the cables, was made of cheap modern fragile plastic. So, according my own personal experiences, bigger monitors are not always better, especially wnen they are curved and you've to work with multiple (two) screens next to eachother.

I saw that problem coming that is why i did not buy a curved screen. This is a normal 42.5 at 4k monitor. I dislike those ultra wide monitors. But that is  a personal preference.