Done w quarantine next is Phuket

THAIPHUKET

Who has been recently been to 4 star hotel in Phuket? Can recommend service etc.

We, former HKTler since many years CNXler, want to go with German friends, who are out of quarantine, to Phuket.

Who can recommend a really pleasant resort /hotel,?

Perhaps for 3-4 weeks

Edited by THAIPHUKET
Afterthoughts
  • Confused 1

Phuket is very quiet.  Patong is a ghost town.  Very depressing.  Pretty much the same with Kata/Karon.

Kamala has some nice hotels right on the beach.  We just stayed at Sunplay.  Great price for an oceanfront room.  A few nice restaurants right on the beach also.

Places are wide open, if they are open at all.

Here's a great recommendation!

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1074733-red-wine-bargain-in-phuket/

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Intercontinental, Sunwing, Sunprime.  all Beach front resorts in Kamala an great deals offered.

Kamala is 75% open,  5 beach side restaurants, bars, shopping, 1 beach side club. walk to everywhere..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

Intercontinental, Sunwing, Sunprime.  all Beach front resorts in Kamala an great deals offered.

Kamala is 75% open,  5 beach side restaurants, bars, shopping, 1 beach side club. walk to everywhere..

With respect, I'd say Kamala is 75% closed.  Few bars or restaurants open on the main drags, and around there.  But the ones on the beach are great!!!  And the Sunwing/Prime have some fantastic offers.

It's an absolutely beautiful beach right now.  Few people.  Just amazing.

With respect!!

As others have said, Kamala beach is an excellent choice.

Add Cape Sienna hotel to the list of places for you to consider. Its a great hotel with an awesome infinity pool overlooking the bay, plus  they have an amazing rooftop patio for sundowners called “Vanilla Sky.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

With respect, I'd say Kamala is 75% closed.  Few bars or restaurants open on the main drags, and around there.  But the ones on the beach are great!!!  And the Sunwing/Prime have some fantastic offers.

It's an absolutely beautiful beach right now.  Few people.  Just amazing.

With respect!!

BS;
i live here, all bars,( must be at least 10 of them),  restaurants on the main road are open,  gold shop, kodak shop, fishing tackle shop, min marts, as well as Big C, fresh mart, Super cheap, numerous 7/11's,  many food carts early morn and in the evening, 5 beach side restaurants as well as cafe del mar (open thursday-sunday open) 

ONLY places closed really are on the small beach side road where 50% are shut down and 

Of course Fantasea is closed

and yes beach is lovely  ????

2 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

BS;
i live here, all bars,( must be at least 10 of them),  restaurants on the main road are open,  gold shop, kodak shop, fishing tackle shop, min marts, as well as Big C, fresh mart, Super cheap, numerous 7/11's,  many food carts early morn and in the evening, 5 beach side restaurants as well as cafe del mar (open thursday-sunday open) 

ONLY places closed really are on the small beach side road where 50% are shut down and 

Hmmm...I was just there.  Spent about 5 days on the beach.  Walk From that school near the beach on the south side and up that street, Rim Hat.  It's a ghost town.  As are all the side streets.  7/11 is even closed! LOL.

Most of the bars we saw on the main road near Sunwing were shut also.  Sure, some shops are open.  But a lot are not.  A lot.

24 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

BS;

Anybody in the Bars they re open but???

I said 50 % of the places on the beach side road are closed an yes  one  7/11 by the clinic on that road is closed, 8 others are open.

look ur views from a 5 day stay vs my views from living here and out and about everyday

dont want start a pissing contest with ya.  

2 hours ago, zzzzz said:

I said 50 % of the places on the beach side road are closed an yes  one  7/11 by the clinic on that road is closed, 8 others are open.

look ur views from a 5 day stay vs my views from living here and out and about everyday

dont want start a pissing contest with ya. 

Your post:

Kamala is 75% open. 

I started out being police about this...

• Haha 1

Thanks to  all of you.

A Celebrity Dummy tracker is a great idea . For one of us , wheelchair , in particular. Must go with the fashion.

What is had to tell , but I try anyhow. 

Any gut feeling which place has enough customers to be open ,where all round service should be good?

Seriously consider STAY Resort ( 5 star / FULL relax facilities / Rawai / quiet/ TOP Intl Std).

Stay in my house here but often use their wonderfull 700 baht Daypass.

ONSEN Steam / Sauna, Hot & Cold Plunge Pools, 3 story Gym, Kick Boxing / Yoga/ Exercise Classes/ Top Restaurant / Cafe, most amazing Swimming Pool Complex, Extremely Modern & High Spec.

STAY website offers weekly / monthly residential deals.

1 hour ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Seriously consider STAY Resort ( 5 star / FULL relax facilities / Rawai / quiet/ TOP Intl Std).

Stay in my house here but often use their wonderfull 700 baht Daypass.

ONSEN Steam / Sauna, Hot & Cold Plunge Pools, 3 story Gym, Kick Boxing / Yoga/ Exercise Classes/ Top Restaurant / Cafe, most amazing Swimming Pool Complex, Extremely Modern & High Spec.

STAY website offers weekly / monthly residential deals.

Some good deals there,  What's all included in the Daypass?

10 minutes ago, stuarty said:

Some good deals there,  What's all included in the Daypass?

All as above, inc. 300 baht restaurant credit which buys you a great salad.

Public ONSEN alone is 400 baht so Daypass is best / great value.

Stayed there six hours first time. Did the ONSEN again after my Muay Thai !

Whole Complex was Stunning & Amazing to me on first visit !

Yes, 27k baht monthly for Small Suite, all in ?

7 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Yes, 27k baht monthly for Small Suite, all in ?

Which month was that - February 2021?

I just checked online and a three month stay in the cheapest room for Sep to Nov was ฿ 199,991!

I guess you are in marketing?

8 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

27k from glancing at STAY website last week. notice my question mark ?

good idea to check Direct Source before mouthing off.....

....which is exactly what I did by making a direct enquiry on their website!

"Glancing" at the front page is useless, particularly with Thailand's rather relaxed consumer protection laws, hence my sarcastic remark regarding marketing.

29 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

....which is exactly what I did by making a direct enquiry on their website!

"Glancing" at the front page is useless, particularly with Thailand's rather relaxed consumer protection laws, hence my sarcastic remark regarding marketing.

Contact the resort direct, quoting the monthly rates in the pop-up on their front page?

LONG STAY PROMOTION
Junior Suite Garden View: 27,000 THB NET per month
Junior Suite Pool View: 33,000 THB NET per month
1 Bedroom Suite Garden View: 29,000 THB NET per month
1 Bedroom Suite Pool View: 35,000 THN NET per month
Please contact us directly: 076363250 or [email protected]

Edited by stuarty