I Want To Learn Thai On The Weekend

futureexpat

We had a Thai individual, "littlekop", who was advertising tutoring services but never participates in any of the topics so it's quite difficult to make a recommendation. The market is wide-open for someone with a mobile phone and clever enough to custom tailor courses to clients level / needs. Soon, you might even be teaching group courses which certainly is a more fun learning environment.(hint-hint) :o

I thought I could "flush her out" by "barking up the tree" but "all roads lead to the same destination" and even though this is a "free fishing hole" there "are no free lunches" so "welcome to idiom land"

sorry, I couldn't resist :o

I thought I could "flush her out" by "barking up the tree" but "all roads lead to the same destination" and even though this is a "free fishing hole" there "are no free lunches" so "welcome to idiom land"

sorry, I couldn't resist :o

Forget it, Cali. She thinks it's a fishin' hole, and wants "to fish with both hands."

Speaking of that, do you know the Thai idiom for: "one rotten fish spoils the hole basket?"

It's a good one, check it out (I'm afraid the Thai script won't transmit if I try to type it here).

I'm just playing, I wish she'd come out and play a little bit, she could probably learn a great deal about farang culture because most of the members (and I'm not including myself in this group) seem to be a breed apart from the average tourist you run into on the street. Yes, those proverbs are interesting, unfortunately I'm still at the "me hungry", "bathroom where", and "sleep now" stage. :o

• 2 weeks later...
I want to study Thai for about 3 hours each Saturday and Sunday.

Do you know of any schools or experienced tutors who I can study with on the weekends?

Please send me any details. Thanks.

A few of my friends went to this school and thought it was good:

Nisa Thai Language School

YMCA Collins House 27 Sathorn Tai (South) Road,

Tel (02) 671 3359-60, (02) 671 3343-44

[Ad sponsored online Thai course edited out as per Thaivisa's no spam policy. /meadish]

Good luck, na!