TAT sends out latest TVC 'Miss You' to the world

webfact

This has got to be the worst commercial ever. What a load of cr@p.  The people at TAT are desperate to hold onto their jobs.  They come up with this piece of trash.  Sack the lot of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got all emotional seeing the Article and the picture, makes me wonder when I can return to Thailand and take in the breath taking beauty, the warm hospitality, the endless scams and the....Wait, what am I saying I live here, silly me.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

an overhead drone shot of cyclists on a winding evergreen mountain road,

Was going to say something about this accident waiting to happen but Misterwhisper did it so much better above.  Shame his post can't appear on a TAT desk risking deportation and/or being sued for damages.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has launched its latest in a series of TVCs, with the new one 'Miss You' sending out an emotional message to people around the world that Thailand cannot wait to welcome everyone back in the not-too-distant-future.

As the world sends T.A.T a "Dear John" letter back.... keep your quarantine & tracking devices.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

I thought some honest - and admittedly sarcastic - edits were warranted here:

It starts with images of a paper Thai Aiways airplane flying into bankruptcy the sunset and over a sea of mist smoke from burning sugar cane fields. That fades into a colour-corrected stunning sunset image over Phang Nga Bay choked with day tripper boats before cutting to a sequence of brownish azure seas littered with floating plastic garbage, dying colourful coral reefs trampled on by ignorant tourists, and an yacht anchored overloaded passenger ferry sinking offshore at sunset.

The Thailand reality nostalgia tour continues with an overhead drone shot of cyclists being mown over by recklessly speeding, stone-drunk motorists on a winding evergreen potholed provincial mountain road, a woman skipping through sunflower ganja fields in full bloom, and a bamboo viewing platform illegally built in a nature reserve overlooking a blanket of air pollution sea of mist with an army of peddlers selling useless trinkets "Made in China" scurrying around field of purple flowers in the foreground.

After more doctored ocean sunset sequences a dilapidated colourful old town shot gives way to the hypocrisypeople-centric theme that is the core lie to the VDO: A Thai auntie offering an overpriced omelette over rice much lamenting how many children she has to feed because her husband ran off with the mia noi, a barista charging you four times the local price for a cup of coffee, and a potter making tacky ceramic art that you cannot possibly fit into your luggage without it arriving shattered into pieces -- who all miss your money.

I see you've been here a while and payed attention to the reality and not the T.A.T. BS

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

with the new one 'Miss You' sending out an emotional message to people around the world that Thailand cannot wait to welcome everyone back in the not-too-distant-future.

and here is the world's video to Thailand:

4 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

And all to the gentle sound of the Abba song " Money, Money, Money " playing in the background. ????

Not to mention that other one... you know, the one that (allegedly) painted Bangkok in a (supposedly) bad light.

Edited by Misterwhisper