Tickets for fights at Lumpinee Boxing Stadium will only be sold to foreigners

rooster59

Dear Army chief Gen Narongphan Jitkaewtae..

As a General, political correctness and unbiased comments are paramount in your line of profession.

Please referain from calling the rest of the world " Foreigners. "  Its lazy, derogatory and implies Racism. 

Travelers, Tourists, or International guests would be a good start. 

Thank you. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ExpatOne said:

By “foreigners” they mean buses packed full of Chinese who will pay triple price because they don’t know any better.

If they allow them to smoke inside of the stadium it will remind them of being back home and watching a basketball game.  I went to a game once when I visited China, and after 10 minutes exited because I could not breathe, not sure how the players can endure that, just like the PM 2.5 here right now.

You dirty Farangs always mess things up.....

By “foreigners” they mean buses packed full of Chinese.. 

this reminded me when I came on a tour group from China.. it was only way ex family could take holiday to Thailand...

95 % of were 60++ old couples etc etc...everyday/ night planned events in which you prayed we weren’t going back to hotel in a very rural area for group slop ( aka shiat food even the dogs refused)..

first night on the bus no narration in English I was the only dirty Farang..  told by family member I won’t like tonight’s event which the highlight and I’m not joking .. men playing the drums (big drums) with their flesh flute.. and 60+++couples throughly enjoying it..

thankfully the bus stopped at a high pressure gift / jewelry shop on route to hotel.. it’s was a long 5 days...

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So the bigger question is who will be fighting at Lumpinee.  If it is foreigners instead of Thai's then the stadium will be empty.  If it is Thai's and only foreigners can be spectators, well then the stadium will still be fairly empty.  Thai folks want to watch their own countrymen and women fight, and Lumpinee has always been the premier top stadium where Champions are made.  That's like saying only young children can go and watch the big boys box in Las Vegas.  It is always and always has been built on revenue from both gambling and selling seats.  Good luck, might as well start to tear the new building down and return to the old one.  Fools, or are they Tools with this new brain fart of an idea.

I have no desire to go and have better things to do.

• Like 1

I seem to recall that the military had been ordered to relinquish their involvement in these sort of commercial activities.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the plan is to make them such an unattractive and unprofitable proposition that there will be no buyers. Then when things perk up a little bit...

54 minutes ago, Rob Cook said:

OR this this a setup?  The next outbreak can conveniently be tracked back to all the dirty Farang at the Lumphini Boxing Stadium and NOT Thais having parties or illegally sneaking in foreign cheap labor...  

Yes, that must be it. You're a clued in guy and on the ball because the Thai authorities have consistently hid the source of all outbreaks.