Immigration Bureau

The new rules will also depend on which officer you speak to within that office...

They may also be effected by whether he has had a cup of coffee that morning or argued with his wife or minor wife the night before. :o

The new rules seem influnced by whether you are happy to pay the officer for the services of assiting you in getting a visa or information.

Good luck and enjoy... Its all part of the wonderful game that is Thailand.

But you dont tell us anything about 'which' new rules you are concerned about..

B visa's are now harder to get multiple entries..

B visa's now have higher minimum wages per nationality..

O visa's have doubled the monetary requirements..

30 day visa on arrival may soon need to prove assets coming from overseas after multiple back to back visits...

Lots of new rules...

Forget about the grandfathering. After July you will need to show 400,000 in the bank (or 40,000 income/month or a combination hereof). Some reports immigration are already requiring this amount.

In fact the Immigration offices are requiring the 400,000 baht now and it is not yet July. They are law unto themselves.

The Immigration office in Kab Cheong has confirmed that they will NOT be applying the new "rules" until 10th July 2004. Also they informed me that the new financial requirement for a retirement visa will be Bht 1,000,000 (combination of bank account and pension). However, I'm sceptical of anything I hear from Immigration.

I've just renewed my retirement visa based upon Bht 800,000 but this was the first time they've requested a health certificate as part of the documentation.

The Immigration office in Kab Cheong

I loke the older guy there, went and saw him after we registered out marraige at the Ampour there. I found it quite funny how he kept waving my passport at me and saying "Look here Mr Farang"..... "you know what to do..."

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My one year 'O' visa (i have a thai wife) will be up in October. I will have to renew it then. I've got two questions.

I always assumed that i had to leave the kingdom and get a visa from overseas. My current visa was issued in Singapore. Sounds like i can get it done here without leaving. Is that correct?

As my visa expires in October, I will only renew it then. Am i required to have the cash from July through to October in the bank account or can I deposit it just before the renewal in October just before I get the bank letter. I plan to go the 400,000 route.

Thanks.

My one year 'O' visa (i have a thai wife) will be up in October. I will have to renew it then. I've got two questions.

Did you just arrive in Thailand yesterday? The visa expiration data has no meaning if you want to extend your stay. I assume you are talking about a multi entry O visa when you say October.

What is important is your "admitted until" stamp. When that gets down to less than 30 days you should visit immigration with wife etc and request extension of stay. The money needs to be in the bank then, but I believe they will be more helpful if they see it appear and funds transferred earlier. I would start to keep and use money in that account now if you can.

If you already got a one-year marriage visa then it’s no need

for leaving the kingdom. Just visit Immigration for renewal.

Sorry for not being clear.

I'm on a multiple entry 'O' visa issued at Thai embassy in Singapore about a year ago which expires in October. Over the last several months I have been leaving the kingdom as it states I cannot stay here for more than three months. I always assumed you had to exit any border to get another immigration stamp when the three months came up. This is correct right? There is no way to get another three month extension from immigration without leaving thailand?

OK, get to immigration before October to renew the 'o' visa. Got it.

In the meantime, my three month stamp expires in a few days, five days to be exact. I believe you can get a week extension at immigration but not much more than that. Planning for another trip yet again, well unless I've totally lost the plot and someone tells me I can get this done right here in bkk.

Sex weeks?? I'm guessing a typo.

Dr. P.P.

What do you mean I don't have to leave if I extend?

Thanks,

Sorry for not being clear.

I'm on a multiple entry 'O' visa issued at Thai embassy in Singapore about a year ago which expires in October. Over the last several months I have been leaving the kingdom as it states I cannot stay here for more than three months. I always assumed you had to exit any border to get another immigration stamp when the three months came up. This is correct right? There is no way to get another three month extension from immigration without leaving thailand?

OK, get to immigration before October to renew the 'o' visa. Got it.

In the meantime, my three month stamp expires in a few days, five days to be exact. I believe you can get a week extension at immigration but not much more than that. Planning for another trip yet again, well unless I've totally lost the plot and someone tells me I can get this done right here in bkk.

Sex weeks?? I'm guessing a typo.

Dr. P.P.

What do you mean I don't have to leave if I extend?

Yes; you must exit/enter to obtain another 90 day stay (if you do not have money ready now).

When you visit in October (or late September) with money in bank and do the extension of stay TM.7 requirements for support of Thai wife you will probably get an under review extension of about six weeks. During that time money in your account may be checked to confirm it is still there and if low extension may not be granted until it is above minimum.

Have a good visa trip - it may be the last one you have to make.

:o

If you have withdrawal some money before you got the stamp then you can be denied the one-year visa. wink.gif

Only true if money goes below that required for your visa extension. You are expected to use your account on a regular basis and making a withdrawal is not going to prevent your extension as long as there is the minimum in the account.

I has to be a single account for the visa holder. If you get a joint account the amount you must have on it doubles (to 800K).

False. The account can be single or joint account but immigration seem to prefer to see a joint account. The support for Thai wife amount is 200k today but will be 400k next week and thereafter. The only time 800k is required is for long stay (retirement type) visa.

I has to be a single account for the visa holder. If you get a joint account the amount you must have on it doubles (to 800K).

a joint account is OK and has no bearing on the amount required.

now I have a question regarding this account:

since my salary falls short of the 40K the imm officer pointed out when I renewed my non-O marriage visa in May that next year I'll require some funds in the bank to supplement the income shortfall, no problem there, but our account is a fixed deposit acc.

does the money in this account have to come from abroad? I have no source of funds from outside Thailand, all funds we have are family savings from work inside Thailand (legally with WP).

somebody in this forum mentioned that it has to be a normal savings acc and that fixed deposit is not acceptable?!?

any info in this regard?

Thanks,

opalhort