Thailand reports 172 new COVID-19 infections

rooster59

download (2).jpg

Thailand reported a sharp rise in COVID-19 cases on Sunday.

Health officials reported 172 new cases, of which 156 were local transmissions, while 14 were imported from people entering quarantine.

68 people were discharged from hospital having made a full recovery.

687 people remain in hospital or held in a migrant worker quarantine centre.

Sunday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 26,927, with 86 deaths. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-14

Will they find more here?

BMA has issued an urgent notice urging people in the city, who visited 6 markets in Bang Khae district between February 20 and March 13, to contact the city’s health office immediately for COVID-19 screenings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

However, for public health measures, another approach is needed. Testing to help slow the spread of SARS-CoV-2 asks not whether someone has RNA in their nose from earlier infection, but whether they are infectious today. It is a net loss to the health, social, and economic wellbeing of communities if post-infectious individuals test positive and isolate for 10 days. In our view, current PCR testing is therefore not the appropriate gold standard for evaluating a SARS-CoV-2 public health test.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00425-6/fulltext

• Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, pikao said:

However, for public health measures, another approach is needed. Testing to help slow the spread of SARS-CoV-2 asks not whether someone has RNA in their nose from earlier infection, but whether they are infectious today. It is a net loss to the health, social, and economic wellbeing of communities if post-infectious individuals test positive and isolate for 10 days. In our view, current PCR testing is therefore not the appropriate gold standard for evaluating a SARS-CoV-2 public health test.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00425-6/fulltext

I see you just picked out part of the article to try and make a point, but it would behoove you to read the whole article to obtain the main points of the peer review journals factual scientific points.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

There is someone sitting in an office feverishly working out how they can some way blame it on a Myanmar person.

If 1 of those people who tested positive is Burmese, bingo he/ she is to blame.

About half the cases outside Samut Sakhon are Thais, most of the rest are Burmese, with just a couple of Laotians. Nearly all the Samut Sakhon cases are Burmese, just one Thai.

• Thanks 1

My point is that a PCR test is not made for detecting a real "infection".  But even thoug the world is closing down on basis of number of "infections"

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I see you just picked out part of the article to try and make a point, but it would behoove you to read the whole article to obtain the main points of the peer review journals factual scientific points.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pikao said:

My point is that a PCR test is not made for detecting a real "infection".  But even thoug the world is closing down on basis of number of "infections"

So you have truly bought into the conspiracy theory then.  I suggest you re-read the article you linked and think about what it truly says.  Yes the PCR test can be misused by someone who wants to try and make it do what they want it to, but that's not what is being done worldwide, so there is no conspiracy to lock down the world.  The facts are that it does detect the fragments of the virus that will tell if a person has a viral load or not.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

that will tell if a person has a viral load or not

depending on how many circles you run the test and it does not say anything about if a person gets sick or can pass on the virus.

Therefore the link to WHO

Talking about Thailand only:

There is an overall mortality of 0,00012% of the population (from the virus), a total infection rate of 0,04% and a mortality rate of 0,32% within this group

I, personally, can't see any reason for Thailand to shut down its economy and ruin the people

Up to you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pikao said:

depending on how many circles you run the test and it does not say anything about if a person gets sick or can pass on the virus.

Therefore the link to WHO

Talking about Thailand only:

There is an overall mortality of 0,00012% of the population (from the virus), a total infection rate of 0,04% and a mortality rate of 0,32% within this group

I, personally, can't see any reason for Thailand to shut down its economy and ruin the people

Up to you

Really worrying this level of willful ignorance exists in the modern age.

Sorry to be blunt but my patience with these kinds of moronic statements has worn out. 

Before you bother, yes, I am a indeed a sheeple. The kind that follows scientific research/data and yes, I do pray to our Lord & Saviour, the Omnipotent Vaccinator and Baron of the Great Reset, Bill Gates,  every night. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Will be interesting to see the numbers after the long Songkran holiday

Everyone getting together and throwing water over each other

Plusthe  wearing of masks 

What can go wrong ????

Be even more interesting to see the numbers when Songkran is supposed to start it's still one month away and a lot can happen in 30 days in the new abnormal especially with only 0.039% of the Thai population testing positive so more than 99% of the population would be vulnerable to infection of more infectious variants,that's if the testing numbers here can be trusted. 

7 minutes ago, pikao said:

Klaus Schwab

Yes, he was the creator of our great cause, usurped in a bloody coup by a humble computer programmer who has excelled beyond our expectations !

Our plan for world domination  is nearly complete, the virus has been spread to all corners of the world by our agents, soon vaccinations will have been delivered to billions with the world returning to normality within 1-2 years.

Oh wait, remind me what were we trying to ‘reset’ again ?

• Haha 1