Post-Brexit Britain's global ambitions start with investment at home, says PM

webfact

5 hours ago, 7by7 said:

So you commented on the article's contents even though you hadn't read it!

International means between different nations. Even before Brexit our trade with the EU was international trade!

As the FT headline says, our exports to the EU, which in 2019 accounted for 43% of all our exports (Source; HoC library), has slumped.

"Exports of goods, excluding non-monetary gold and other precious metals, fell by £5.3 billion (19.3%) in January 2021, because of a £5.6 billion (40.7%) fall in exports to the EU." (Source; ONS)

Maybe our international trade is not dropping off a cliff; but it's certainly teetering on the edge!

I was highlighting the difference between the posted claim and the headline linked to it. Just the usual distortion but I never get used to it. Wish I could. 

• Like 2

I feel sad for you people. You’ve been tricked by Donald Trump and his failed supporters. Going it alone has never been the answer. Since Trump failed to find a cure for COVID19 it’s up to Joe Biden and the democrats to clean up his mess. You people should remember that it was Trump who brought about your peoples downfall and only through a democrat president can your people be saved...

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Had you said "Not what the headline in your link says" you'd have a valid point.

But you said

Headlines do not contain everything which is in the body of the article!

The body was too costly! ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

My mate Boris forgot to mention future jobs in development of the wind farm projects and the planning of a tunnel between Nth Ireland and Scotland. 

A tunnel which will go the same way as his suggestions for a bridge ????

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

My mate Boris forgot to mention future jobs in development of the wind farm projects and the planning of a tunnel between Nth Ireland and Scotland. 

Right on , Boris is certainly full of wind.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rookiescot said:

You honestly think that tunnel will ever happen?

????

Tunnel or bridge; it'll go the same way as his garden bridge proposal when he was London mayor.

Failed London Garden Bridge project cost £53m

The project promised a lot but delivered nothing, swallowing £43m of public money in the process.

The biggest expenditure was the £21m contract to build the bridge - with campaigners still wanting to know why that was allowed when land had not even been secured.

• Like 2