$600 Stimulus Check not received

I got the initial Stimulus check and Notice 1444 delivered to my Thai address with no problem. I never received my $600 Stimulus Check, nor Notice 1444B.  Anybody else have this problem? It looks like now my only alternative is to claim it as a deduction on my taxes - bummer. Sure would have liked that cash. 

40 minutes ago, djeetyet said:

like now my only alternative is to claim it as a deduction on my taxes - bummer. Sure would have liked that cash.

Six of one - half dozen of the other.  You will still end up $600 ahead (if tax return is ever processed - mine from Feb 12 is still pending - and I did not get the $1200 so that is awaiting tax return processing).  

Yes, I know several people who are in a similar situation. Weird that the second check was not delivered, given the first one was. 

Spoke with one last evening, he said Get My Payment shows the check was mailed in January.

You can try to get it re-issued, or try to switch to direct deposit (U.S. bank, or Bangkok Bank), or claim it on Line 30 (Recovery Rebate Credit) of your 2020 1040, and then take it as a refund (check or DirDep). Not sure if a 3911 form would help?

The way I understand it is it is a dollar for dollar credit.

So, if you owed $1000 now you would only owe $400.  Or reverse it.

Technically, stimulus payments are an advance on a tax credit for the 2020 tax year. The IRS calls this credit the Recovery Rebate Credit. Unlike a tax deduction, which reduces your taxable income (and therefore your tax payment), a tax credit reduces the amount of tax you owe, dollar for dollar. Even better, and unlike most credits, the Recovery Rebate Credit will give you money back even if it's more than the tax you owe or paid. For example, if you owe $700 in federal income taxes for 2020, a $1,200 stimulus tax credit would net you a $500 tax refund.

In reality OP, you are losing nothing just will take longer.

Edited by bkk6060
7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

<<For example, if you owe $700 in federal income taxes for 2020, a $1,200 stimulus tax credit would net you a $500 tax refund.>>

What if you don't owe anything? If it's a $1,200 stimulus tax credit you'd get all $1,200 deposited your account? That'd be nice.  :0

Reading the rules a couple of days ago -- and I don't have time to dig them out again right now -- it seems you first have to report your check lost, by phone or mail. If it turns out not to have been cashed then you're eligible to make a claim on your return. (If it has been cashed, then you've a lot if paperwork to deal with.)