Thailand to start using AstraZeneca vaccine Tuesday after delay over safety

webfact

3 hours ago, connda said:

Or perhaps even government officials are waking up to the fact that the average vaccine development cycle is over 5 years long and included stringent testing requirements and independent test, review, and epidemiological study before being signed off for human use.

Do you know why vaccine development usually takes much longer? Bureaucracy, mostly. Applying for funding, waiting, having priorities shifting to other projects. Research, yes, but scientists had already been studying coronaviruses for over 50 years so it's not like they were coming in blind. 

Kind of amazing how a global pandemic sharpens the focus, removes the bureaucracy, aligns all parties to a common goal to get something like this done.

And all the vaccines have been through three stage clinical trials before being approved for emergency use.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/how-did-we-develop-a-covid-19-vaccine-so-quickly#Worldwide-collaboration

Edited by DJBenz

8 hours ago, drenddy said:

Dude, please refrain from Brexit rhetoric.I understand this is a british product and, as for me, I couldn't care less, who makes the vaccine, as long it is efficient and safe.Even if it came from Nigel Farage privat laboratory, I would have take the jab.This comes from a proud EU citizen.

There's no "Brexit rhetoric", it was a throwaway comment made in jest. I voted remain FYI and like you, I couldn't care less whether I have the AZ, Pfizer or Moderna jab.

Now...Of course blood clots do occur, the thing is, that these cases follow a similar pattern.All cases, relatively young people and with no underlying health conditions, experience these highly unusual clinical symptoms and ALL of them, within 14 days(actually 10) of receiving the vaccine.

And, I just don't buy AZ's and WHO's explanation by comparising blood clots numbers in vaccinated population vs general.That does not prove anything.

There are, as I said, people, otherwise not in the risk population, who get blood clots, AFTER receiving the vaccine.

When you compare numbers in the general population, you have to understand that there have been 15 cases of DVT and 22 cases of pulmonary embolism reported from 17 million participants across the EU. That these reactions occurred within 10-14 days of vaccines being administered is cause for concern, sure, but given the background rate of blood clotting, these would have likely happened if all 17 million people were patted on the head instead of being jabbed.

You don't have to be in a risk group to get a blood clot; I am not in an at-risk group for that condition, but I could drop down dead tomorrow from a brain embolism before or after having a C19 vaccine.

This is a little moot for me and Mrs G, since she's already had her two Moderna shots, and I've already had my first Pfizer, second one on the 29th, then sigh of relief we're done.

So looking at this from afar it's hard not to conclude that there is some political sour grapes going on. From Macron comments on it being a second rate vaccine to the whole brouhaha over whether or not AZ was diverting shots from the EU.

When you look at the vaccination rates across the world the EU is doing, among the developed world incredibly badly overall, while the UK, that ex red headed step child of the EU is doing incredibly well.

I'd like to hope someone isn't playing petulant childish games, but it's hard not think that.

Edited by GinBoy2

5 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

in your dreams, they all know we made the right choice . now they are suffering ,just look at Merkals rating , they have dropped off a cliff. same with Macaroon .

I agree you made the right choice, I am in industrial real estate business and so far this year I have concluded on the continent 6 rental contracts with uk firms total 19,000 M2 5 year contract with 5 year optional. The reason they are coming over is they can't get their merchandise in time to their European customers thanks to the brexit hoops. Brexit = the best deal ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!