Man arrested after stealing money from well known visa agency in Bangkok

Jonathan Fairfield

18 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

This is also possible if you used our ASQ Hotels services.

Initially we were unsure of how much he potentially had access to, and had to notify everyone while he was on the run to prevent him from potentially scamming them.

You should not receive any further communication.

Great. At least you've stopped using those Facebook messenger messages.

3 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

He was from Pakistan not like it makes a difference.

It does not make a difference to me, but I consider nationality a legitimate detail that should not be omitted from news stories. I believe that the public are mature enough to absorb such information without being transformed into racists. 

8 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Unfortunately we have to change our whole process to take into account that no one can be trusted.

That would be a smart thing to do even if this unfortunate situation had not occured. Tight processes protect your business, your clients, and your employees. Good luck with it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Do you think that, if we knew this guy was a thieving scumbag, we could regard him as......Indian? Pakistani? Bengali?

Your reformulation of my sentence has no connection to what I asked. It is interesting that, to defend the ridiculous policy of hiding the nationalities of criminals in news articles, you must resort to editing gymnastics.

At the end of the day, the job of a news story is to convey information. This new woke fetish for hiding certain details is insulting to readers and, ultimately, undermines the purpose and credibility of the press.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Have you read the comments on other threads?

So, your ingenious solution, to a few colorful comments online, is to omit a key piece of information from the public discourse?

Will that magically eliminate wrongthink throughout the world?

Edited by donnacha
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Rubbish! I used an agent simply because I did not and do not want to stand in queues and mingle with anyone during the whole COVID debacle. I went past a local Immigration office yesterday. Chockablock. No thanks. The money I can get back. My health is worth infinitely more. 

There are agents and there are agents. While I am sure ThaiVisa is above board and totally legal, there are some that have been found to have bribed immigration officers and created fake visas. 

All the guys that I know who use agents don't meet the requirements for visas. Must be the circles I keep ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, donnacha said:

This new woke fetish

What planet are you on?.......So whole of the world's media has got together and collapsed in the blink of eye, giving in to some deep-state, wokeist policy to withhold the nationality of a suspect in news reports??? ...555

8 minutes ago, donnacha said:

It does not make a difference to me, but I consider nationality a legitimate detail that should not be omitted from news stories. I believe that the public are mature enough to absorb such information without being transformed into racists. 

Ironically, I was wondering why some news headlines say "Thai" man, when we are in Thailand. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

What planet are you on?.......So whole of the world's media has got together and collapsed in the blink of eye, giving in to some deep-state, wokeist policy to withhold the nationality of a suspect in news reports??? ...555

This is wonderful.

First, you are insist that articles should not include the nationality of criminals, because the reading public cannot be trusted.

Minutes later, you want to pretend that no such trend is occuring in the media, and that I am a "deep-state" conspiracy theorist for suggesting it is.

This is the same as the idiots who insist that there is no cancel culture, and that anyone who says there is should be canceled.

I am always in awe when I come across someone who is able to fervently believe two ideas that so completely contradict each other.

Edited by donnacha
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Yes normally its the first thing mentioned. I hope Thai Visa isn't going woke !!

...and yet...... "a farang" mentioned in a news report brings on a waling and gnashing of teeth like you have never heard........why do they have to point out he was a farang? Thais/Nigerians/whoever are just as bad/are much worse.

Edited by Surelynot

2 minutes ago, donnacha said:

This is wonderful.

First, you are insist that articles should not include the nationality of criminals, because the reading public cannot be trusted.

Minutes later, you want to pretend that no such trend is occuring in the media, and that I am a "deep-state" conspiracy theorist for suggesting it is.

This is the same as the idiots who insist that there is no cancel culture, and that anyone who says there is should be canceled.

I am always in awe when I come across someone who is able to fervently believe two ideas that contradict each other.

Screen Shot 2564-03-07 at 10.06.18.jpg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

...and yet...... "a farang" mentioned in a news report brings on a waling and gnashing of teeth like you have never heard........why do they have to point out he was a farang? Thais/Nigerians/whoever just as bd/are much worse.

In your virtue signaling frenzy, have you stopped to consider that, over the past 8 months, it is almost certain that many of his victims were people of limited means from poor countries, of many different religions and ethnicities?

Edited by donnacha

1 minute ago, donnacha said:

In your virtue signaling frenzy, have you stopped to consider that, over the past six months, it is almost certain that many of his victims were people of limited means from poor countries?

....and that is relevant how?

22 minutes ago, donnacha said:

That would be a smart thing to do even if this unfortunate situation had not occured. Tight processes protect your business, your clients, and your employees. Good luck with it.

Hindsight - never around when you need it!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

why go with a spouse and the kids anyway?

The local immigration Hitlers demand it. 

Probably so those with money will think screw this, and simply pay an agent instead of wasting days of their family's time.

If you don't have money, only spending 1900 baht and wasting days of your family's time is a better option, though.  

Edited by JeffersLos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

....and that is relevant how?

Because you see this incident purely as an opportunity to virtue signal, to "check" other members of this forum, and to gain some sort of form of imagined moral superiority over them.

Real people got hurt by this situation, the rest of us are interested to hear the full details and, yes, that includes hearing where he came from. As is so often the case with the navel-gazing woke crowd, however, you think it is all about you, you, and you.

4 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Because you see this incident purely as an opportunity to virtue signal, to "check" other members of this forum, and to gain some sort of form of imagined moral superiority over them.

Real people got hurt by this situation, the rest of us are interested to hear the full details and, yes, that includes hearing where he came from. As is so often the case with the navel-gazing woke crowd, however, you think it is all about you, you, and you.

No one but you cares where he came from. You are simply taking a racist point of view and then doing everything to disguise it as important public information. Balderdash!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Oh I see.....thanks for that....I did wonder why I was doing it.......cheers.

• Haha 1

Anyway, with such a name, he couldn't be Thai, unless he had Thai nationality.
If he had been Thai by origin, he would have had a Thai name.
But, of Muslim religion, he could have had Muslim first names.
However, he had first and last names in Arabic.
And if you look at his forearms, his hands, his fingers, he's pretty hairy.
Are Thai men that hairy?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

No one but you cares where he came from. You are simply taking a racist point of view and then doing everything to disguise it as important public information. Balderdash!

I actually took the time to explain why the omission of key details - the sort of details that would naturally be included in a real conversation between normal, non-racist people - debases the whole point and credibility of the press.

We all absorb immense amounts of information every day. We use that matrix of information to navigate the world. It is wrong to censor true facts on the basis that other humans cannot be trusted to handle them in a responsible manner. This sort of woke theatre has never stopped a single racist from being a racist, and neither has it made the general public any purer.

Edited by donnacha

18 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

The local immigration Hitlers demand it. 

Probably so those with money will think screw this, and simply pay an agent instead of wasting days of their family's time.

If you don't have money, only spending 1900 baht and wasting days of your family's time is a better option, though.  

Not for retirement extensions which is what visa agents provide. If they can do a marriage one while I sit at home with no funds in the bank let me know

• Like 1

Just now, donnacha said:

I actually took the time to explain why the omission of key details - the sort of details that would naturally be included in a real conversation between normal, non-racist people - debases the whole point and credibility of the press.

We all absorb immense amounts of information every day. We use that matrix of information to navigate the world. It is wrong to censor true facts on the basis that other humans cannot be trusted to handle them in a responsible manner. This sort of woke theatre has never stopped a single racist from being a racist, and neither has it made the general public any purer.

Anyway, I cannot be bothered to continue explaining my perfectly mainstream position because, hilariously, my posts in this thread explaining why censorship is wrong have started disappearing. Another example of a media outlet, seized by woke fervor, methodically shooting its own toes off one-by-one.

I don't accept your ''explanation''. You have to accept that your point of view is just your point of view.

There are many other posters on this thread but none of them appear to be agreeing with you. So how "mainstream" is your position? Seem you are the ONLY one expounding your views; you appear to be on the fringe. That's the reality; not just your opinion of yourself.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Why don't they mention the nationity if the thief?

Well he is either Indian, Pakistan or Bangladeshi but I have no doubt some on here will find a way to say he is British! ????

• Haha 1