Man arrested after stealing money from well known visa agency in Bangkok

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

some on here will find a way to say he is British!

Is he British? Checklist......

Oversized, gold chain?

Golden guinea signet ring(s)

Tattoos?

Singlet vest?

Burned rather than genuinely brown skin?

Beer belly? (could be German)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

I don't accept your ''explanation''.

I do not accept your job application to my judge. I have seen your posts and you are not fit to be anyone's judge.

There are many other posters on this thread but none of them appear to be agreeing with you.

You virtue signallers post a lot but it is always the same handful of people, always mobbing the wrongthinkers and Liking each others posts.

So how "mainstream" is your position? Seem you are the ONLY one expounding your views; you appear to be on the fringe.

My "views", that newspapers should avoid censorship except in cases of clear and extreme need (national security, an ongoing criminal investigation etc), would actually be held by the vast majority of the members of this forum. The tiny fraction of members who bother to post comments in no way reflect the politics or opinions of the majority.

Just a few years ago, freedom of information, freedom of speech, freedom of association, diversity of opinion, freedom of thought, freedom of the press, and being against banning books were all concepts championed by the left. We all presumed that any future authoritarian wave would come from the right, not the left. Something fundamental has broken in Western culture and it does not bode well for the coming decade. 

Edited by donnacha
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Not for retirement extensions which is what visa agents provide. If they can do a marriage one while I sit at home with no funds in the bank let me know

Almost all of them do marriage extensions without showing funds. Even Thai Visa.

25-28,000baht

-NON- O Marriage Visa 

15 Months 

-Extension NON-O Marriage Visa

12 Months  (For those holding marriage only )

25k - 28k 

30-45 business Days

-original passport 

-2 copies of your photo 2x2

-Bank Book and ATM 

-ID card 

-House registration 

-5-10 family photos around the house 

With the funds expect to pay around 7,000, if you don't want to waste you and your family's time and effort. 

Edited by JeffersLos

13 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

He can't be British with that skin color.

One could be as black as a bin liner and easily be British.

Colour is a factor of race. One's birthplace or citizenship status is Nationality.

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Obviously the client doesn't qualify for the given visa or they would go to immigration. 

I'm amazed they get away with it! 

'They' meaning agents? Forgive me if I got that wrong.

These agents are, on the whole, respected and often accredited small businesses helping farang (and other asian Nationalities) cut through the abundance of red-tape and jump through the small hoops.

I've been 100% legit with my paperwork, had a babe in arms, at a roasting Udon Thani airport, and my file sat on the desk for over six hours. Every so often the IO would thumb through the 40 or so signed pages. At 16-00, I again complained. They gave me two weeks and said to bring the boss of the village next time. That was a few years back. I wouldn't have thought things have improved since then.

3 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Looking at the fancy figures this "visa centre" is charging for their services, and knowing that the official fee for a non-immigrant visa extension is 1,900 baht (single entry), or 5,000 baht for multiple entry, I cannot help but thinking that there has been money-skimming going on all along.

Oh, and I loathe those "agents" clogging up immigration bureau lines across the country. When you've got one or two in front of you and observe how they each slam a bundle of 20 or 30 passports with accompanying paperwork on the desk, you just know that you're going to waste the entire day. There really should be counters exclusively for agents. THEY get paid for sitting around. I don't. 

If your time is that precious, you could always opt to use an agent, no?

Edited by NanLaew
sp

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

'They' meaning agents? Forgive me if I got that wrong.

These agents are, on the whole, respected and often accredited small businesses helping farang (and other asian Nationalities) cut through the abundance of red-tape and jump through the small hoops.

I've been 100% legit with my paperwork, had a babe in arms, at a roasting Udon Thani airport, and my file sat on the desk for over six hours. Every so often the IO would thumb through the 40 or so signed pages. At 16-00, I again complained. They gave me two weeks and said to bring the boss of the village next time. That was a few years back. I wouldn't have thought things have improved since then.

It has. The udon immigration office is down town now.

1 hour ago, donnacha said:

It does not make a difference to me, but I consider nationality a legitimate detail that should not be omitted from news stories. I believe that the public are mature enough to absorb such information without being transformed into racists. 

Unfortunately, not all the TV membership can claim to have the same degree of maturity not to stray into the minefield of racist bigotry.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

It has. The udon immigration office is down town now.

Indeed!

When I fist arrived in Isaan I went to Nong Khai IO for a couple of years. To be honest that led me to think that provided the paperwork was generally in order, and the wife bought some beauty products off the lady IO, you'd be in and out in 30 minutes. On one occasion I didn't have any letter from the bank. I was told to go to an ATM, withdraw a few baht, and get a balance receipt.

This led me to think that this Visa stuff was a 'piece of cake'. Went there one day to be told by an almost apologetic IO, that I had to go to the airport. Absolute nightmare! I think the Immigration Office' then moved to a floor in a hospital before they located to where they are now.

1 hour ago, sirocco said:

Anyway, with such a name, he couldn't be Thai, unless he had Thai nationality.

My Thai-born son has a totally non-Thai name. His first, middle and family name are non-Thai. But his ID card and passport says that he is.

If he had been Thai by origin, he would have had a Thai name.

See above. Not even a Thai nickname.

But, of Muslim religion, he could have had Muslim first names.

Where does the news item mention anyone's religion? But if it's important to you, there's plenty of Christians in all sorts of unlikely places.

However, he had first and last names in Arabic.

I haven't seen any Arabic script here either.

And if you look at his forearms, his hands, his fingers, he's pretty hairy.

I can't believe you're going to make assumptions based on someone's physical appearance.

Are Thai men that hairy?

Oh... I guess you are. Maybe you have an opinion on his penis size as well?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Where does the news item mention anyone's religion? But if it's important to you, there's plenty of Christians in all sorts of unlikely places.

Ooooo....good point......as well as race and nationality we should have been informed of his religion or if he even has one........what about political views......or is that too far? What about his parents? was he an orphan? Lot of orphans go on to commit crimes......so much we don't know!!!

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Indeed!

When I fist arrived in Isaan I went to Nong Khai IO for a couple of years. To be honest that led me to think that provided the paperwork was generally in order, and the wife bought some beauty products off the lady IO, you'd be in and out in 30 minutes. On one occasion I didn't have any letter from the bank. I was told to go to an ATM, withdraw a few baht, and get a balance receipt.

This led me to think that this Visa stuff was a 'piece of cake'. Went there one day to be told by an almost apologetic IO, that I had to go to the airport. Absolute nightmare! I think the Immigration Office' then moved to a floor in a hospital before they located to where they are now.

The ongoing battle between Udon and Nong Khai as to which one has the most arseholey front office staff is the stuff of Isaan legend. Over the past five years or so, they have both become surprisingly stable in their unique peccadilloes and requirements. However, good things never last even here in paradise and some recent discombobulation has being reported leading to toys being thrown out of prams.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The ongoing battle between Udon and Nong Khai as to which one has the most arseholey front office staff is the stuff of Isaan legend. Over the past five years or so, they have both become surprisingly stable in their unique peccadilloes and requirements. However, good things never last even here in paradise and some recent discombobulation has being reported leading to toys being thrown out of prams.

I know both of these very well from when there wasn't an immigration in Khon Kaen. 

Neeranam, I believe you are confusing nationality and origin.
Being born in a country other than that of our origins, does not mean that we are for all that, for the case of your child, eg: thai.
If one day he asks for Thai nationality and it is accepted, he would still be from your origin. Do not confuse.
As for Pakistani that interests us, you misunderstood my interpretation.
An Arab, even with Arabic first and last names (as is his case), is not necessarily of Muslim religion.
A Thai of origin who takes Arabic first names, is not Arab but of the Muslim faith.
You yourself, if you find this religion so attractive, you could, after changing your first names, and scratching the prepus, become a Muslim.
You can also apply for "Arab" nationality. They are very welcoming
Well, as usual, you didn't get it.
Nationality is just a piece of paper, it is not our roots, our culture.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, sirocco said:

Neeranam, I believe you are confusing nationality and origin.
Being born in a country other than that of our origins, does not mean that we are for all that, for the case of your child, eg: thai.
If one day he asks for Thai nationality and it is accepted, he would still be from your origin. Do not confuse.
As for Pakistani that interests us, you misunderstood my interpretation.
An Arab, even with Arabic first and last names (as is his case), is not necessarily of Muslim religion.
A Thai of origin who takes Arabic first names, is not Arab but of the Muslim faith.
You yourself, if you find this religion so attractive, you could, after changing your first names, and scratching the prepus, become a Muslim.
You can also apply for "Arab" nationality. They are very welcoming
Well, as usual, you didn't get it.
Nationality is just a piece of paper, it is not our roots, our culture.

I think you are confusing me with someone else. 

I know exactly what nationality and origin are, as I am a naturalized Thai. 

11 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Please let me know about the ones who "have been found to have bribed AND created fake visas".

It's easy enough to spread untruths; not quite so easy to present real evidence. You can do so via PM to prevent yourself from almost certain litigation.

It has happened.. A couple of teachers were stopped trying to leave the country.. and jailed.  It was more prevelent when there were countless teachers working indefinitely on visa exempt entries.. which started winding down around 2007.  The agents would allegedly do the border bounce for you, but they had fake stamps.. Just like the girl busted last week for selling several hundred fake medical certificates per month.. on Facebook.  Nothing libelous or slanderous about that. 

• Like 1