Man arrested after stealing money from well known visa agency in Bangkok

Jonathan Fairfield

12 minutes ago, moontang said:

It has happened.. A couple of teachers were stopped trying to leave the country.. and jailed.  It was more prevelent when there were countless teachers working indefinitely on visa exempt entries.. which started winding down around 2007.  The agents would allegedly do the border bounce for you, but they had fake stamps.. Just like the girl busted last week for selling several hundred fake medical certificates per month.. on Facebook.  Nothing libelous or slanderous about that. 

There is nothing in what you have written that refers to bribing IO AND issuing fake visas. 

Unrelated matters more than thirteen years ago are hardly relevant.

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Well he is either Indian, Pakistan or Bangladeshi but I have no doubt some on here will find a way to say he is British! ????

Well said. And given the sad state continental Europe currently is in, I also would have had no problem accepting without a flinch if someone had claimed he was Swedish, German, Dutch, Belgian, Austrian, Norwegian, Swiss, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Danish or even a genuine Fin or Irishman.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Is he British? Checklist......

Oversized, gold chain?

Golden guinea signet ring(s)

Tattoos?

Singlet vest?

Burned rather than genuinely brown skin?

Beer belly? (could be German)

Not all of us, not all.......????

On 3/16/2021 at 11:19 AM, Eindhoven said:

Rubbish! I used an agent simply because I did not and do not want to stand in queues and mingle with anyone during the whole COVID debacle. I went past a local Immigration office yesterday. Chockablock. No thanks. The money I can get back. My health is worth infinitely more. 

Same here. Its a service, if you feel it of value, you use it. If not, you don't.

I always use a visa service, that way, I don't get chance to mess it up myself.

2 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

That photo was taken after he was on the run for 65 hours.

I assure you he did not look like this when we hired him.

Probably wasn't wearing those bracelets either.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

That photo was taken after he was on the run for 65 hours.

I assure you he did not look like this when we hired him.

he was showing his true face, next time, make those new hires run 65 hours and see how they look afterward ????

We are happy to announce the family of 5 that ASIM scammed into paying him directly to his bank account arrived a few days ago, and is going through quarantine right now at their ALQ hotel in Pattaya. The total amount he took from them was 207,000 THB.

Unfortunately we were unable to recover any of the money that ASIM stole, and decided to cover all of the expenses out of pocket for this situation if the client allowed us to push the travel date. He however opted to rush the case, and assisted us with some of the ALQ fees. We did everything in our power to expedite the travel of his family from Malaysia to Thailand (insurance, visas, and accommodation).

While this whole event has been very upsetting for everyone, it also has been very eyeopening, and we will continue to improve our security, and process to ensure that our internal security is just as good as our external security.

If we have lost any trust with this fiasco we hope to earn it back. 

• Like 1