New Nordic: Pattaya developer begins voluntary rehabilitation procedure with Bankruptcy Court

Jonathan Fairfield

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Why MUST you be able to leave in a few hours?

Rent your house, rent your motorbike, get a coin operated girl and you'll be happier in the long run. Sure you've heard plenty of stories. There's a reason why this opinion keeps on coming up. Like I say, it's not the same for everyone. Same as everything in life.

• Like 2

Good luck to those who have already made a financial commitment.

I never understood the attraction in Pratumnak for the Nordic projects.  Castles and orange buildings?

I guess the Nordic folks like it seems like something bizarre to me kind of freakish and eerie from a monster movie.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Bummer, so their guaranteed rental return of 10% for ten years wasn’t guaranteed ????????. Now these unit owners should just be happy if they may keep their overpriced mostly leasehold units. 

Theres no doubt, it did look good. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, stewartthailand said:

I invested based on the 10% return and every month on the dot my money appeared in my bank account. That was for 4 years with no problems and I received almost 2 million baht (an excellent return. This January would have been year 5 with another 1/2 million baht interest and the buy back of my capital investment. This company has gone into restructuring not because of fraud or bad management but because of COVID and therefore the lack of tourists (mainly Chinese) and therefore the lack of cash flow. Whilst I am likely to suffer a financial loss I can at least acknowledge the real reasons and not the spurious ramblings of many of the contributors to this topic.

Did you not get the chanote for the condo? I'm just wondering why you made a loss except loss of future rent.

Also you say excellent return, what was the cost and size? Usually the price was just bumped up and give it back in rent

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 3:28 AM, scubascuba3 said:

If no chanote then yes

What then did some of these long established 'owners' actually have ? Sounds like nothing. Having spent a few minutes googling the results are astonishing and very surprising anyone would have invested given that level of uncertainty. 

Edited by najomtiensun
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 10:23 PM, Ron jeremy said:

That’s why you rent! Period!

Or buy from reputable exchange listed Thai developers, of which there are many. Any development with foreign ownership or development I run away from as fast as my legs will carry me.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 11:45 PM, Golden Triangle said:

As has been seen time & time again in this fair city, all is not what it seems unfortunately. 

Plenty of reputable developers in town...unfortunately the newbs and dummies buy from the others...what do you think all the pretties in short skirts at the malls are for.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 4:24 AM, scubascuba3 said:

People have been talking about these guaranteed rent schemes for years, no one should fall for that, plus buying off plan, only fools do that

The only thing "guaranteed is that the rental return has been factored into the purchase price.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The only thing "guaranteed is that the rental return has been factored into the purchase price.

Was it....? I never heard that the prices of that groups condos were substantially higher to cover that deal. They are doubly better off then, because it looks like they won't be paying up. 

To add insult to injury, I just read (on a private, largely Russian "New Nordic' group forum) that some investors have been receiving messages from a NN manager.  I'll let this 'helpful' advice from him/her speak for itself:

I’ve got a e-mail from Russian manager NN as below:
Dear customers,
Recently there have been appearing social networks posts where different people offer to help buyers and investors of New Nordic Group with returning the funds invested in New Nordic Group. Those people offer the return of the money without a court settlement, outside of court, within a short period of time and in cash.
In this situation we consider it necessary to caution you against participating in deliberately illegal activities, that may incur negative consequences for you. We’d also like to inform you that New Nordic Group and Double Season companies are not related to these posts and these activities in any way.
С уважением,
Сергей Коновалов

While I realise these situations can bring the "I'm a lawyer/legal expert who can fix your problem real quick/cheap' scammers out of the woodwork, I find it somewhat ironic that this 'NN manager' appears to be suggesting that individuals who offer up the possibility of 'out-of-court' settlements/short-period/in cash are somehow automatically guilty of 'deliberately illegal activities'.

I'm no legal eagle, but isn't this called settlement-before-trial -  and a totally legitimate practice/offer of help frrom either qualified lawyers or wannabe's? (versus investors quietly going along with the NNG rehabilitation plan/bankruptcy that could take forever to recover some or likely none of the funds invested).

Of course, I find this potentially defamatory talk by an NNG employee of 'deliberately illegal activities' all the more ironic/hypocritical when I google Kurt Svendheim -  and read of his alleged shenanigans in Thailand/Norway/Bulgaria/Brazil/etc and the Aston Martin, vintage champagne, etc he enjoyed in Pattaya ????

Edited by mgthom63
typo
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I remember a time when you could not make any negative remarks

about New Nordic on TVF....they must no longer be paid advertisers 

regards Worgeordie

Yep, I made a polite but critical remark about Emerging Trends Advisors a few years ago, following an ad I saw here - my comment disappeared real fast. Same old stuff - 'guaranteed returns', a very safe investment, secured on property, blah, blah, blah - but that was then - I'm guessing things have improved and its ok to be a little more critical now these firms have clearly left investors up s**t-creek?

Edited by mgthom63
typo
  • Like 1

We still haven't seen the fallout from the lockdowns. When governments stop giving people and companies hand outs we will start to see a real collapse. Pensions will become worthless. Few airlines will be flying. It is going to be very hard to get out to Condos.  If condo buildings are mostly empty they will start to go to ruin.

Unless the Chinese come back in large numbers the property market will go into free fall. Since China didn't really lockdown, the Chinese will probably end up owning the market.

On 3/16/2021 at 9:03 AM, Thomas Hannah said:

Have warned people for 20 years about buying in thailand,not just because of this problem.But so many talk about how much there condo is worth.untill they come to try and sell it.and are lucky to get 50% of what they thought it was worth.Loads of selling hype.The property developers dont loose money.The company does,not them.They then open a new company soon after.This is not just thailand.I have heard many times people saying .he went bankrupt.And then having to explain.

Thomas I bet your a bundle of fun to be out with on a Saturday night ! 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 10:51 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

A key player in Pattaya’s real estate market has announced it has initiated a voluntary rehabilitation procedure under Thailand’s Bankruptcy Act

it's not only the developers. The city is about to bankrupt all together

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

There's been cases of fake chanotes here in the past.  The property title documents can't even be relied upon here.  ????

houses in nakon nowhere maybe, condos in Pattaya? buying a condo and getting the chanote at the land office is safe, but give examples if don't agree

• Like 1