How do you deal with late service people?

Andy from Kent

So you have never experienced a company where you were originally from, say a phone company or cable company or internet provider ask when you will be home? I haven't lived in Australia for 15 years and clearly remember them asking what day and telling me we will be there sometime in the morning. Turned up 1600.  Yeah thai time is a thing but low paid technicians are a worldwide phenomenon . If you got somewhere to be leave. And seriously an 1 hour wait ? Forget Thailand anywhere you think that is a substantial amount of time.

On 3/16/2021 at 11:38 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Exactly, same has occurred with me in the past.  Technician calls and says I am here in the lobby. I go to the lobby no one around except the security boys and the juristic office folks.  I make a call to the technician and ask where he is, he says in the lobby, I said where, he gave me the name of the office building down the street.  I said your in an office building not a condominium.  Long story short I waited for 30 minutes more and he never showed up, loss of FACE I guess.  Called the company and canceled him.  Sometimes......

Really not a huge fan of Thailand are ya? You ever considered your life choices?????

On 3/18/2021 at 1:38 PM, Bangkokhatter said:

Some call it Thai time like it's a perfectly reasonable excuse, what nonsense, it's disrespectful.

I won't accept a tradesman arriving late unless there is a phone call or i am home anyway, however he certainly would not get a tip.

At work i won't accept it either and i started to leave meetings or inform the tardy ones to leave if people were more than 15 minutes late without contacting someone first. Being late to a meeting is disrespectful to all others who managed to attend on time.

Now it's very rare colleagues are late for meetings and if they are, they always inform first.

Uptight much?