Marriage License

I am getting married in July. I have a form which I have typed out to take to the British Embassy to sign that gives me the right to marry a Thai.

On the form it says "Occupation" I am just closing my Thai company as it failed but I still have the remainder of my one year visa to run. (Till next April)

My company is in the PROCESS of being wound up, it has not officially closed so I suppose that I could put on the form that I am still working and drawing a salary of 50,000 baht per month but I would appreciate some clarification on this.

I have attatched bank staements that show I have 3m bht in my savings account and hundreds of thousands in bonds in the UK to make up for my lack of employment.

Should I just put down that my company still pays me under the heading of Occupation or just put that my salary varies. I know that if I put down unemployed it could well be picked up by the Thai authorities who could cancel my visa, although I know I could re-apply for one as married to a Thai as i will be returning to honeymoon in the UK as my wife to be already has a visa to visit the UK.

I do try at all times to be honest as I do not want to risk expulsion, but this is tricky.

Can anyone give me any guidance here?

Many thanks

T.P.

If you company is closing, then I expect you will be doing some consulting work to fill in the time and keep you hand in?

Put down consultant, in what ever line of business you work.

I can't see that it matters that much for a marriage certificate.

If anyone asks you can always say you have changed your job,

people do!!