Electronics In Chiang Mai

007dave

Gotta be a record.

2 posts resurrected from 2007 in one day.... :lol:

There's no winning on this one is there... If you post on a topic that was done in 2004 then everyone yells "use a F$#($ing search!" Then if you search and dig up that topic, then everyone complains about resurrecting an ancient topic. :rolleyes:

Got my Panasonic plasma TV from Home Pro Hang Dong, good price, great sales staff, home delivery. When shopping around, I went to all the other shops except Saha Panich, some of them I visited twice or three times. Out of the lot, Home Pro Hang Dong was the best, and Siam TV second best.

PowerBuy at Central Airport Plaza, and Carrefour near the Superhighway were the worst. Their sales people seemed not to know very much about anything, and the models they recommended appeared to be chosen at random, on the spot. Niyom Panich were way overpriced for Pioneer high end models and slightly higher than Home Pro for Panasonic models, too.

If your just purchasing a tv probably best to shop around.

Siam TV gets my vote though, when we moved into our new house four years ago we purchased all our electic items from there. Two hours later two guys arrived at the house tuned in the tv and dvd, went up on the roof and put the ariel up, plumbed in the washing machine, installed 2 showers and a water boiler at no extra cost. All are still working just over four years later.

Advice about electronics is often useless within months! Sales plans can change. Using a "search" for a modern question is often pointless. But firing up an old topic is certainly polite and works as well as a new one!

My own take so far (I have yet to buy) is that I should have decided firmly on what I wanted first of all. Then it is worthwhile to shop EVERYWHERE. My best price for a front loading washing machine, of all places, was at the time I shopped - Robinsons! - which included delivery and setup. It appears that nobody has real promotions all the time, from what I've seen and that "deep" discounts, well, deeper ones, are rare, but worth the search.

Anyway, I have chased prices for a TV all over town. Generally, Carrefour is just mainline prices, promotions included, but I have seen a rare bargain savings (weekends?) and yes, it is worthwhile talking cash price. Except for an off-brand, I've seen no bargains in Big C or Lotus/T as yet. I even saw a special (end of model year) in the LG shop at Airport Central that beat everybody - it was gone within a week. Problem for me presently is that 32 inch seems to be the battle point (now that the Cup is over), but I'm looking for larger, even plasma.

Sadly, Mitsubishi's dlp is not around, and even though its bulb can fail, they sell 65" models in the States for @$1,000.

Edited by CMX