Payment on Ebay using PayPal credit

I was given credit on PayPal from a lawsuit against a scammer. I am trying to make a purchase on Ebay using that credit but when I click "PayPal" I am only given the option of paying with a credit card.

How can I access the PayPal credit to make a purchase on Ebay?

Are you talking Ebay option or PayPal option only card?  Have you ever used before?  Which country Ebay are you using (and signed on)?  As my luck with Ebay is just about zero can not be of much help but believe my last payment was indeed PayPal by card (for an item sent courier and lost to customs as have no need to spend more or play that game during covid).

On 3/18/2021 at 6:48 PM, lopburi3 said:

Are you talking Ebay option or PayPal option only card?  Have you ever used before?  Which country Ebay are you using (and signed on)?  As my luck with Ebay is just about zero can not be of much help but believe my last payment was indeed PayPal by card (for an item sent courier and lost to customs as have no need to spend more or play that game during covid).

I'm in America and trying to use credit I was given in my PayPal account to buy something on Ebay. I don't like either but the credit was put there.

3 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I'm in America and trying to use credit I was given in my PayPal account to buy something on Ebay. I don't like either but the credit was put there.

Are you sure the credit is real?  If PayPal is saying you must pay with card it would seem they may not have a valid link to that source.  Perhaps payment is more than the credit?  As said I have not used PP credit so not sure how it works.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Are you sure the credit is real?  If PayPal is saying you must pay with card it would seem they may not have a valid link to that source.  Perhaps payment is more than the credit?  As said I have not used PP credit so not sure how it works.

Yes, the Federal Trade Commission told me they put the money in and when I call PayPal the robot tells me I have $52.08 in credit. But it is impossible to talk to anyone there. Of course they blame that on the pandemic. Yawn. That was good last year maybe.

So PayPal says I have the credit but I can't access it. That's what I need help with. I tried to place an order on Ebay since they own PayPal. But when I click PayPaI I only get the option to pay with a credit card. Can't talk to Ebay either, by chat or phone. It's like a <deleted>' scam.

12 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I tried to place an order on Ebay since they own PayPal. But when I click PayPaI I only get the option to pay with a credit card.

Are you being signed onto PayPal?  That seems to be first thing when I used PayPal.  Or is Ebay demanding the credit card and not transferring you to PayPal.  Would like to help but as said only use them once in a blue moon.  

15 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Are you being signed onto PayPal?  That seems to be first thing when I used PayPal.  Or is Ebay demanding the credit card and not transferring you to PayPal.  Would like to help but as said only use them once in a blue moon.  

Thanks for the concern. I click the PayPal button on Ebay. I assume and it looks like that gets me to PayPal. I Googled it and will try what Mr Google says. My hopes are low at this point.

It does <deleted> me off that the FTC sent my money to PayPal after I emailed them to send me a paper check. In fact in the email from them that stated they were sending the money to PayPal they had attached my email requesting a paper check. Sheesh! Whatcha gonna do? 555 They say they will escalate my problem but before they had said it was too late.

What does it show when you log in to your paypal account ?

You also have the option to "send money" from the account.

As stated above you should have a bank account linked to the Paypal account for withdrawal. 

On 3/20/2021 at 1:46 PM, RichardColeman said:

Why not simply transfer the credited money into your linked bank account and then use a debit card connected to your paypal / bank account ? 

I don't have a linked bank account. I never use PayPal.

Thanks for your help TVers!. The gods shined their light on me and PayPal actually returned my call after calling them for 3 weeks. They lady was very nice and helped me through all the hoops to get PayPal to send me a check. At a cost of $1.50. I never would have been able to negotiate it myself. She said it would take 5-7 working days to receive, so I hope I actually get it.

Anyway, I sounded like a Southern preacher heaping lavish praise upon this wonderful woman. Hallelujah!