Los Heals Broken Hearts Too

qwertz

It worked for me. My wife broke my heart when she died from a slow and agonising terminal illness. I hadn't seen LOS for over 7 years, so after walking in aimless circles and grieving for a month or two I bought a ticket and landed in Phuket. The disorganisation and laid back attitude of people there took my mind right off my loss and I learned to laugh again.

So if you think LOS broke your heart, the next time you see a middle aged ordinary guy cruising the bars and generally having fun, think a little further than what you see. We all have a story and there's many a tragedy hiding behind those grins. You've heard mine, post yours if you have a similar opinion.

Its not my story but a couple of years ago I was upgraded to first class on Thai Airways at Frankfurt on the way to BKK.

I sat next to a very refined German fellow and we chatted quite a bit. He taught me a few things about wine and how to eat caviar properly as I had hated it the only other time I had it.

He was going to Thailand for the first time and was staying at Chiva Som and that very expensive place in Phuket.

It had been 6 months since his own wife had died after a long illness - he had stayed with her caring for her for 18 months. During this time his business partners ran his business.

After her death he got back into it a little bit but after 6 months they encouraged him to take this holiday to help with the healing process.

He was unsure at first but on the plane he said he was starting to come around to it and hoped he enjoyed himself but his wife would always be with him.

I hope he had the best possible holiday he could have had under the circumstances.

Thailand is becoming the fastest growing segment for the business in my area. Hence the upcoming move to the area. As I know some good people, I expect my actual living of life will become better than the residence lifestyle I currently do not enjoy.

Edited by Head Snake

I am much happier in LOS than I would be back home, even though certain aspects of life here can be frustrating. At least I have a life here. Back home I would be mingling with brain dead retirees & red neck idiots with third grade educations along with other asorted riff-raff.

Back home I would be mingling with brain dead retirees & red neck idiots with third grade educations along with other asorted riff-raff.

Sorry I thought you were talking about Pattaya

:o

(Running, ducking and weaving, cackling hysterically)

CB

It worked for me. My wife broke my heart when she died from a slow and agonising terminal illness. I hadn't seen LOS for over 7 years, so after walking in aimless circles and grieving for a month or two I bought a ticket and landed in Phuket. The disorganisation and laid back attitude of people there took my mind right off my loss and I learned to laugh again.

So if you think LOS broke your heart, the next time you see a middle aged ordinary guy cruising the bars and generally having fun, think a little further than what you see. We all have a story and there's many a tragedy hiding behind those grins. You've heard mine, post yours if you have a similar opinion.

--------------------------------------------

Hi Qwertz,

Nice words, as always. You know my situation ending an 8 year marriage with a woman I still love. By death or other avenue it's never easy.

I must admit, right now, the word, trust is just no longer a part of my vocabulary.

I must say I am looking forward to my one month stay in LOS over the holidays.

Honestly I have quite a hedonistic view of how to mend my broken heart.

Yes LOS is one of the best places to have a laugh especially with the right company and just forget it all, for a little while anyway.

It is all karma after all. Sometimes the pill is just a bit to tough to swallow but that's why they invented beer, right?

Good Health,

Pepe'

Back home I would be mingling with brain dead retirees & red neck idiots with third grade educations along with other asorted riff-raff.

Sorry I thought you were talking about Pattaya

:o

(Running, ducking and weaving, cackling hysterically)

CB

Fortunately, I have never been to Pattaya. Good thing. It would probably remind me of all I have been missing from back home.

--------------------------------------------

Hi Qwertz,

Nice words, as always. You know my situation ending an 8 year marriage with a woman I still love. By death or other avenue it's never easy.

I must admit, right now, the word, trust is just no longer a part of my vocabulary.

I must say I am looking forward to my one month stay in LOS over the holidays.

Honestly I have quite a hedonistic view of how to mend my broken heart.

Yes LOS is one of the best places to have a laugh especially with the right company and just forget it all, for a little while anyway.

It is all karma after all. Sometimes the pill is just a bit to tough to swallow but that's why they invented beer, right?

Good Health,

Pepe'

It's where a forum comes in handy, Pepe. It's not hard to post what's bugging you, then you get a flood of opinions for and against and bingo, your problem is halved.

When I landed in Phuket, first time in many trips to LOS, I figured at first, this isn't going to help, expected nothing.

Then I got mixed up with the various fruitloops and generally nice people, Oz bars on Bangla, the pie man, the night life, the noise, the hedonistic bit, mind blowing for a man who's not been laid for 4 years!

Like a kid let loose in a chocolate factory.

Whenever I see a post bashing LOS I always think, there's someone who really shouldn't have gone there, they got no therapeutic benefit at all out of it. It doesn't work for those who must have had it better back home.

It's where a forum comes in handy, Pepe. It's not hard to post what's bugging you, then you get a flood of opinions for and against and bingo, your problem is halved.

When I landed in Phuket, first time in many trips to LOS, I figured at first, this isn't going to help, expected nothing.

Then I got mixed up with the various fruitloops and generally nice people, Oz bars on Bangla, the pie man, the night life, the noise, the hedonistic bit, mind blowing for a man who's not been laid for 4 years!

Like a kid let loose in a chocolate factory.

Whenever I see a post bashing LOS I always think, there's someone who really shouldn't have gone there, they got no therapeutic benefit at all out of it. It doesn't work for those who must have had it better back home.

3 cheers for the Therapeutic Benefits :D Nignoy and Wife :o

I ran away from home! It was the best thing to do. Back home, there was too much drama, too much vengeance, too much hatred - it was slowly poisoning me. I still remember the day when I landed in Thailand, how I tried to kill myself with booze, but half-way through the process found work and chose to live instead, hanging on to life to fight the demons from my past. In Thailand, I come and go as I please. I am not a prisoner of my father's wills and whims, of what he thinks is good for me. I do things without worrying about being misunderstand. Here, I do what I want and I look after myself.

Thanks guys. it's nice to be able to share some honest feelings without being accused of being gay.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that" - Jerry Seinfeld

"Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger." I think?

The "Chocolate factory" of course it's not the ultimate soulution, especially for one that's trying to be a spiritual person.

But I could sure go for some sweets right now!!! :D

Again it's all karma after all. We just have to pray for the wisdom to see how we fit into it all.

See ya'll in December :o:D :D

I missed this when I was away of TV. Sorry to read this 'qwertz'. A message of hope for those in grief...

Hey, don't be sorry, torito.

Time and Thailand heal.

I meant what I wrote though.

Everyone has a history, some good, some bad.

I was really thinking aloud.

And when some of the thoughtless young studs look down on older guys over there who have dared to find solace, maybe in the arms of a young Bg, perhaps they might live long enough to reflect on their scorn and consider this: youth is life not yet visited by tragedy.

And young bar girl may one day be their only consolation too.

Hey, don't be sorry, torito.

Time and Thailand heal.

I meant what I wrote though.

Everyone has a history, some good, some bad.

I was really thinking aloud.

And when some of the thoughtless young studs look down on older guys over there who have dared to find solace, maybe in the arms of a young Bg, perhaps they might live long enough to reflect on their scorn and consider this: youth is life not yet visited by tragedy.

And young bar girl may one day be their only consolation too.

Good to hear that 'qwertz', and you are right again....life is full of unexpected happenings, and reverses of fortune

youth is life not yet visited by tragedy.

Qwertz, that is quite a brash statement to make, would you lke to rephrase it please, or would you like to hear my history and perhaps a lot of others on here,

Thankyou, Lickey.

Qwertz has requested that i reply to {youth is not yet visited by tragedy]

My father was burnt to death in a truck crash when i was 14,

My 11 yearold cousin [same age as me] fell out of a tree onto some spiked iron railings and died,

Another cousin died of luekemia at 32,

I lost 4 good friends in motorbike accidents, they were between 19 and 24, i was same age,

I came to live in Thailand because of my girlfriend of 3 years, not to cure a broken heart, these memories will live with me forever, wherever i decide to live, Please dont forget, whatever your age, memories good or bad will stay with you anywhere in the world, Mine are distant now, but sometimes it would be nice to press the Delete button,

Thankyou for your time, Lickey.

My 11 yearold cousin [same age as me] fell out of a tree onto some spiked iron railings and died,

I lost 4 good friends in motorbike accidents, they were between 19 and 24, i was same age,

I came to live in Thailand because of my girlfriend of 3 years, not to cure a broken heart, these memories will live with me forever, wherever i decide to live, Please dont forget, whatever your age, memories good or bad will stay with you anywhere in the world, Mine are distant now, but sometimes it would be nice to press the Delete button,

Thanks for the reply, Lickey.

Like I said, there's many a tragedy and disappointment and painful memory behind the public smiles.

I hope LOS is helping you as much as it helped me to sleep better.

Lickey, so sorry to hear about these trgadies. My dad died at 45 of a massiv brain tumor, His younger brother 29 years old Hodgkin's disease. Then shorty after my dad' older brother died of a massive heart attack.

All of the men died in an Italian family. It was just ripped to shreds.

I vowed to do all of the living they never got to do. I sometimes think about what clean living mild mannered guys they were. No drinking no smoking early to bed early to rise.

Well I think I covered most of the fun bases for them and myself and maybe a few others as far as living has gone. I haven't missed much. But I do miss them all and wish they were here so we could party together.

Perhaps "Only the good die young."