Returning to Thailand, Shipping company from Germany

beano2274

Hello my Thai wife and myself have decided to return to Thailand after 9 years of living in Germany, does anyone out there have a contact for a shipping company, will not be shipping that much, was looking at around a 20ft container wth delivery to Sattahip, living in Duesseldorf area.

Thanks in advance

Don't know anything about Germany, we are in the US. But we are planning to come back to Thailand also and this is what we are doing.

Have you wife post your question to a Thai FB group in Germany. I am sure there are plenty of Thais moving back and forth , and they know the best way.

Initially we were looking at a small container (20ftis the smallest ) , and we were quoted   0ver $4,000 from FL, where we are. My wife got on the Thais from FL Face Book group and we were recommended a Thai company used by many on that group. It turned out that they had containers subdivided and shared By many.  They were charging $140 per 24x18x18 box.  For less than $1.000 , we were able to ship all the things we wanted, . The big furniture things we are selling and with the savings and the proceeds from the sale we can buy any furniture we need in Thailand new.

Good luck in your move. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone on the West Coast? I know LA/Long Beach is clogged - how are your items being shipped - cross country or directly from a FL port? 

We got quoted nearly $9k for a 20' container - comparing that to $4k from FL seems like we got a bad quote.... LA is closer and easier than FL... 

Only thing is we're going to Koh Phangan, so might have some influence on the quote, getting door-to-door...

Would appreciate the company name as well!

PS - sorry to hijack the thread from the Germany topic... good luck!

Edited by hawkette

• 4 weeks later...