Biden, Harris condemn U.S. racism, sexism in blunt language

webfact

27 minutes ago, Sujo said:

So are you against racism and sexism as biden and harris have said?

its helpful to know if you are against it or not.

I'd have to know what it is first, apparently it even varies from state to state!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, lungbing said:

And yet still they come in their thousands.

And they always will. Some countries rely on them. Australia is now begging immigrants to come, even putting them on the fast track ahead of citizens trying to get home.

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

March 25th, should be entertaining.

I don’t know about entertaining I suspect we will see a man trying with (our) team trying to deal with the pandemic race relations and other issues and yes he’s an older man under tremendous pressure with enormous consequences for his actions at least he’s for the American people not him sielf.Just think for a minute if trump instead of pouring gas on race hate for personal gain instead tryed to heal the nation after we all saw that cop murder George Floyd no sir racism sucks and must be quashed not to be tolerated 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rosst said:

Yes, cry for the Muslim Uigers and Rohingyer and the lovely Taliban, all the religion of peace 

You have got me there. A bit like writing. "Cry for the Christians killed for their religion and the lovely Spanish Inquisition, all the religion of peace."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

In the states that have hate crimes laws they are defined by the laws of those states. My understanding is that the Georgia hate crime laws are particularly flexible.

Personally I've come to the conclusion that the Atlanta spa murders were not anti Asian hate crimes. They might be chargeable as misogynistic hate crimes. I also think he might have a good shot at an insanity defense based on religious mania and sexual shame.

Its somewhat ironic but totally understandable that violent incidents targeted at Asians because they are Asians have instantly become a major national issue triggered by a mass murder that probably wasn't an anti Asian hate crime. 

I hope that this isn't pursued as an anti Asian hate crime if the evidence isn't there just to satisfy the political mood of the moment.

There are real anti Asian hate crimes happening. It won't be helpful to showboat prosecution of a case that probably wasn't.

I'm sorry Jing but that sounds like a full load of bee ess. Would you  say the same if was the 70s-80s and a rando struck out at NYC bath houses, then claimed it wasn't anti-gay but just his own religious and sexual issues. NO WAY YOU WOULD.

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Crime was committed and race involved in a climate of increasing hate crimes

doesnt matter what they race they were as  all of  us are of some race and race is  just a dumb definition, at what point does  black become white  become asian the fact they were Asian is  more to do with them being generally in that line  of  business its a bit  like Chinese  Takeaways.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tug said:

I don’t know about entertaining I suspect we will see a man trying with (our) team trying to deal with the pandemic race relations and other issues and yes he’s an older man under tremendous pressure with enormous consequences for his actions at least he’s for the American people not him sielf.Just think for a minute if trump instead of pouring gas on race hate for personal gain instead tryed to heal the nation after we all saw that cop murder George Floyd no sir racism sucks and must be quashed not to be tolerated 

You were doing good till the end. I saw a hard to watch video of a cop doing his job. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, mikebike said:

I'm sorry Jing but that sounds like a full load of bee ess. Would you  say the same if was the 70s-80s and a rando struck out at NYC bath houses, then claimed it wasn't anti-gay but just his own religious and sexual issues. NO WAY YOU WOULD.

It would depend on the specifics of the case.

In this case there is no background of evidence of anti Asian racism.

Not from people that know him and not from his social media.

Following your example this imaginary bath house murder would have enjoyed the gay baths numerous times himself.

I'm not saying that I hope an insanity defense works for him but yes I think he will try it.

Insane or not its obvious that this murderer is severely psychologically damaged and the root cause is old time fire and brimstone religion.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

You were doing good till the end. I saw a hard to watch video of a cop doing his job. 

The United States of America will not and never will tolerate extra judicial murder at the hands of the police it is excactly what president Biden and VP Harris are addressing against any human beeing of any race color sexual orientations or religion 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sujo said:
4 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Was this a race crime?   Or a deranged sex addict attacking brothels?

The former sure fits the liberal’s narrative.

do you agree with them that racism and sexism should be condemned?

Its not political. Agree with it or not.

Are Mr. Potato Head and The Cat in the Hat racist or sexist?   Is not wanting a guy (XY by my definition) competing in girl's sports (for scholarship money) sexist?

Because of they are, I'm a racist and a sexist. 

Definitions are going to make or break any policy going forward.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Why complicate the charging of this clear cut confessed mass murder with additional hate crime charges if there is any doubt at all about the hate crime aspect of it? Convictions of "just" murder are potential death penalty crimes in Georgia. Seems enough. 

5 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

It is a deranged white sex addict attacking Asian workers in a brothel. Crime was committed and race involved in a climate of increasing hate crimes. Fit all narratives even the conservatives. Not seeing this as race crime is just pure unadulterated denial.  

If they are US citizens, you really shouldn't call them Asians just because of their appearance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Why complicate the charging of this clear cut confessed mass murder with additional hate crime charges if there is any doubt at all about the hate crime aspect of it? Convictions of "just" murder are potential death penalty crimes in Georgia. Seems enough. 

Your man, Biden, needs to have a word with the US people and stop hiding in his ivory house like an adultescent kid worried about his speech defect. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

The worst crime of all, genocide, was carried out against native Americans. The liberal elite have always shied away from this issue.

In this forum I've seen lots of statements referencing alternative reality. Despite the competition,  yours may be the most impressive yet. Where do you come up with nonsense? I guess you should tell Native Americans that you know better than they who their friends are:

How Native American voters swung the 2020 presidential election

Voters in reservation counties across the West, including Montana, overwhelmingly backed former vice president (now president-elect) Joe Biden on Nov. 3, even in states that ultimately delivered their Electoral College votes for President Donald Trump.

In Arizona,  they were key to Biden’s upset victory and claim to 11 electoral votes.

https://missoulacurrent.com/government/2020/11/native-vote/

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sujo said:

Why. Dont you know what is right and wrong unless its written in law?

Its quite simple, are you for or against racism and sexism?

Sounds to me like you are for it if you can get away with it. Are you a trump supporter?

So what is it then? you can be a racist or misogynist in one state but not in another. The 'victims' deserve better rules surely.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, impulse said:

That's kind of an interesting question to ask on a forum where you'd swear Thai men are cowards and emotional children, Thai women are gold diggers, whores, and sperm receptacles, the word "maintenance" isn't in the Thai vocabulary, Thais are horrible drivers, and...and...   Well, you get the gist.

Gotta say, it often cheeses me off, since so many of the Thai people I worked with were very competent, mature people with a great sense of humor.

Because some people on a forum,  engage in bigoted comments about Thai people, that means that everyone on that forum concurs with those comments? What's more, topics about Thailand are specifically excluded from this forum, so even if your remarks were valid, what have they got to do with what is said here?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

He said his administration would speak out against racial discrimination around the world, including the "horrific" mistreatment of the Rohingya minority in Myanmar and the Uighurs in China.

All speak no action.... won't change a damned thing .

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

The left is being made to pick so many stupid fights that at this point it's reasonable to wonder if it isn't by design.

Just because somebody calls themselves a Democrat, doesn't mean they have the interests of the constituency at heart.  People will fake their allegiance in order to do damage from within.

It's a well-known, long-standing tactic and the fact that so many continue to fall for it suggests it won't be going away anytime soon.

• Like 1