Biden, Harris condemn U.S. racism, sexism in blunt language

webfact

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

So what is it then? you can be a racist or misogynist in one state but not in another. The 'victims' deserve better rules surely.

Being a racist or misogynist has nothing to do with any law. You either agree with being one or dont.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

So what is a racist and a misogynist then, irrespective of the law? Racist seems to be used against somebody people just disagree with, it gets thrown about at random just to try and shut others up or win an argument. ie Meghan claiming speculation about a mixed race baby was 'racist' when he's about 2 tints off being albino. Not getting her own way was due to racism and any criticism of her appalling behavior in the press was due to her being about 25% black. 

Come on.  You should do a google search on racism.  Same with misogyny.  Easy to do and your answers are there. 

9 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

No matter what happens, you'll bash his performance.  Just like the fake news right wing media outlets.

Fair and balanced. When a sound bite is replayed it's not fake news. You don't sound too confident that biden will do good. It will give the hodgetwins another hit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Stuck record comes to mind.

People like that get their info from the fake news right wing media outlets.  Their goal now is to just bash Biden.  Murdoch has stated that's their current policy.  Terrible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Biden's statement came amid mounting pressure on law enforcement authorities to treat last week's deadly shooting in Atlanta of eight people - including six women of Asian descent - as a hate crime.

this isn't the last mass shooiting - in fact, i've received news right now there is a new one in colorado with 10 killed-so  as long as americans don't stop yelling "second" amendment", thus are allowed to buy as many weapons as they like, nothing can't stop this kind  of tragedy to happen times and again!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

this isn't the last mass shooiting - in fact, i've received news right now there is a new one in colorado with 10 killed-so  as long as americans don't stop yelling "second" amendment", thus are allowed to buy as many weapons as they like, nothing can't stop this kind  of tragedy to happen times and again!

This 2A BS is a lot driven by the NRA.  And their MASSIVE donations to GOP politicians.  Disgusting.

43 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

As  long as  people  committing such  offences can find a  weapon which maybe be a   baseball  bat ,axe , knife , gun, machete there  will always be  these type  of  attacks, guns  just make it easier and increase the death toll.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

Impossible to walk into a store with a baseball bat and kill 10 people.  Or more.  Ridiculous comparison.

Ridiculous answer, I never  suggested you could  hence the "death toll would be lower" at the end, try reading it again. but with a knife or machete you sure could kill more than 1 easily, the point is  if  people want to go around murdering others at random  they will.

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

If a speech impediment is truly responsible for his blunders then he picked the wrong line of work. You can't raise your hand to tackle a job knowing you don't have the right tools. Don't blame us for pointing out biden's short falls.  

So you're saying you don't know about his physical handicap?  If not, shame on you for not knowing that.  If you do, shame on you for bashing someone like this.  Kinda like when Trump bashed that handicapped reporter.  Heartless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think the USA has more pressing problems right now than those in the OP. How about putting corona behind them and getting the economy going before concentrating on the wish list?

Yeah, #1 problem by order of magnitudes.  And making dealing with problems like this close to impossible.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Good to see a definitive definition, thanks Jeff.

But on close scrutiny, and I quote from your link, it finds hate crimes are-

"A hate crime (also known as a bias-motivated crime or bias crime)[1] is a prejudice-motivated crime which occurs when a perpetrator targets a victim because of their membership (or perceived membership) of a certain social group or race.

Examples of such groups can include, and are almost exclusively limited to ethnicity, disability, language, nationality, physical appearance, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation."

So mocking somebody for their physical appearance ie orange complexion or small hands or mocking hairstyle or obesity is a HATE CRIME. Yet I have read members here mocking somebody for this exact thing. All one way though, I never saw any poster mock anyone for being of dark color for example. Any explanation for how the left can carry out hate crimes daily with no penalty?

And then it concludes mocking someone on the basis of their ethnicity is a hate crime. I saw many many posts here mocking the former first lady for this. Starting to notice a real pattern now.

And mocking somebody for a disability is a hate crime. Yet I read again many many times here posts continually mocking the former President for his bone spur disability. That, once again, is a hate crime.

How can it be hate crimes are alive and well and flourishing on this forum? Very very worrying would you not agree Jeff?

Its not a hate crime to call the former guy an orange buffoon. 

He also doesnt have bone spurs.

No one mocked melania for her ethnicity.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

"A hate crime (also known as a bias-motivated crime or bias crime)[1] is a prejudice-motivated crime which occurs when a perpetrator targets a victim because of their membership (or perceived membership) of a certain social group or race.

Examples of such groups can include, and are almost exclusively limited to ethnicity, disability, language, nationality, physical appearance, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation."

So mocking somebody for their physical appearance ie orange complexion or small hands or mocking hairstyle or obesity is a HATE CRIME. Yet I have read members here mocking somebody for this exact thing. All one way though, I never saw any poster mock anyone for being of dark color for example. Any explanation for how the left can carry out hate crimes daily with no penalty?

And then it concludes mocking someone on the basis of their ethnicity is a hate crime. I saw many many posts here mocking the former first lady for this. Starting to notice a real pattern now.

And mocking somebody for a disability is a hate crime. Yet I read again many many times here posts continually mocking the former President for his bone spur disability. That, once again, is a hate crime.

How can it be hate crimes are alive and well and flourishing on this forum? Very very worrying would you not agree Jeff?

Trump dishes out countless “hate crimes” and I am sure he can take it without anyone speaking sympathetically on his behalf. 

39 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Maybe these will help.  From what I've read, hate crimes are very difficult to prosecute.  Thus, police are hesitant to do this.

https://theconversation.com/what-is-a-hate-crime-the-narrow-legal-definition-makes-it-hard-to-charge-and-convict-157488

Yet officials often resist the quick classification of incidents as a hate crime. Hate crimes have precise qualities, which must be met in order to satisfy legal requirements. And even when police and prosecutors believe the elements of a hate crime are present, such crimes can be difficult to prove in court.

15 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

I never heard anyone talk about a speech impediment, dementia yes, and it's obvious.

You need a better source for your news then.  Especially if focusing on dementia.  And no, it's not obvious.

• Like 1