Shooting erupts at Colorado supermarket, bloodied man shown in handcuffs

webfact

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

where did i say that. Hilarious.

What i said was if poor people didnt have guns there would be less armed robberies.

Or do you think rich people need to do armed robberies.

Your nose is growing...

I don’t think anyone “needs” to do armed robberies. 

2 minutes ago, polpott said:

Another false claim. Citizens carrying guns played no part in this event. The first person arriving at the scene carrying a gun was a police officer and father of 7 kids. He was promptly shot dead.

and the guy who was the shooter was not a citizen?

Just now, Meat Pie 47 said:

and the guy who was the shooter was not a citizen?

I think you know what I meant. No citizens were involved in taking down the perp. What I learned today was a lone police officer arriving at the scene is expected to go in without backup. In the Uk they wait for an Armed Response unit to deal with any event involving weapons.

The classic case was the London Bridge stabbings. ARU arrived within 10 minutes of receiving the call and promptly shot all 4 terrorists dead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

Right, like taking away their guns will make the problem go away, just like they don’t have a drug problem in the country anymore after making drugs illegal! Wake up, man! 

Wake up to what! I dont give a rats toss about their problems! Its not MY problem!

51 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Your nose is growing...

I don’t think anyone “needs” to do armed robberies. 

But the poor do it. With guns.

Edited by Sujo

Imo outlaw semi auto long guns (you aren’t defending yourself at 200 yards you are killing)leave semi automatic handguns alone (ligt for defense imo)ban open carry there is no reason you need to be armed in public unless you are a cop leave lever and bolt action long guns alone ligt for hunting get it done the vast majority of Americans support this

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tug said:

Imo outlaw semi auto long guns (you aren’t defending yourself at 200 yards you are killing)leave semi automatic handguns alone (ligt for defense imo)ban open carry there is no reason you need to be armed in public unless you are a cop leave lever and bolt action long guns alone ligt for hunting get it done the vast majority of Americans support this

So it doesn’t matter haw many people are killed, as long as they are not killed with semi-automatic long guns, yes?

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, johnmell said:

There are a significant amount of mentally unstable people in America who seem to be able to get hold of a gun, hence the problem.

Is it that simple?

Please consider;

-USA has had many periods of society mass trauma that followed big events such as civil war, emancipation WWI, WWII, Korea conflict, and Vietnam conflict.  There would have been many more people walking around with PTSD and  exposure to violence.

- There were fewer laws on the books that controlled behavior and much fewer gun control laws.

- There was no medication for mental illness, so if crazies could pass, they would circulate.

- It was just as easy to walk into a church or a  saloon back in the day as it is a shopping mall,  and shoot it up if one wanted to.

Yes, today, guns & ammo are more lethal, which can explain why more people will die in a mass shooting event. BUT, I think maybe the root cause is the loss of inhibition and society cohesion. As a society, the USA is in decay with loss of value of human life and respect for others.  Everything is about me, me, me.  My rights, my property, my space, my profit. The willingness to go on rampage is just a reflection of that decay.  USA is not alone in this and we see similar with the recent riots in UK and throughout the EU.  USA is now in the same self destruction spiral as we see in Brazil and countries where there has been destruction of social fabric. 

In the USA, the groups who are supposed to keep society together, have instead become the groups who rip it apart and we see that with religious groups, political groups like Proud Boys, Antifa, Promise keepers. We see it with irresponsible politicians like Ted Cruz or Ocasio-Cortez who promote disunity and conflict. USA needs to reflect on what it has become. It looks like those baby boomers succeeded not just in sucking all the money out of the country for themselves, but in destroying what remains. Maybe the problem lies with the generation born from 1945-1975 who have left legacy of greed and selfishness.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I lived in the Table Mesa area, went to school at CU. Shopped at King Soopers.

I had plenty of rifles and handguns, so did everybody else. Our relatives, neighbors and friends.  

Teachers, store keeps and ranchers. 

It does not mean we are all reckless and homiscidal maniacs. 

People have been killing people since the begining of time with poisons, brute force, knlves, arrows and bombs. 

Now, we kill people with alcohol and fast and heavy vehicles.  Some kill by falling asleep behind the wheel of a Tractor trailer and others.... like to set things on fire.

Dont kid yourselves, America became the great country it is now  because of firearms. 

We like waring, we obviously cant get enough of it. We like building war machines, and we are the best at it. 

Now throw into the mix. People are becoming <deleted> off with taxes, insurance, restrictive laws, and Law Enforcement officers who are becoming judge, jury and executioners.... 

On another note. What is Boulder County doing with no less than 3 armored vehicles???? They expecting a War in that  little college town? 

1 man, 1 man killed 10 people?  If any other person had a firearm, the assault would have ended, less people killed and less waste of the taxpayers money. 

It seems as though the world is in Khaos and Meyham.  

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, mogandave said:

So you think homicide victims would rather have been killed with something other than a gun?

A homicide is not mass murder. The people not killed by such things are happier.

How many mass murders n the US by knife or machete or bat etc in say the last 10 years.

Edited by Sujo

26 minutes ago, mogandave said:

So it doesn’t matter haw many people are killed, as long as they are not killed with semi-automatic long guns, yes?

No, but if thats what is used then do something about it.

Are you saying its easier to get away from an assault rifle instead of a knife or handgun?

more enlightened countries prove you wrong.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bradmeister said:

I had plenty of rifles and handguns, so did everybody else. Our relatives, neighbors and friends.  

People have been killing people since the begining of time with poisons, brute force, knlves, arrows and bombs. 

Now, we kill people with alcohol and fast and heavy vehicles.  Some kill by falling asleep behind the wheel of a Tractor trailer and others.... like to set things on fire.

Dont kid yourselves, America became the great country it is now  because of firearms. 

We like waring, we obviously cant get enough of it. We like building war machines, and we are the best at it. 

Now throw into the mix. People are becoming <deleted> off with taxes, insurance, restrictive laws, and Law Enforcement officers who are becoming judge, jury and executioners.... 

On another note. What is Boulder County doing with no less than 3 armored vehicles???? They expecting a War in that  little college town? 

1 man, 1 man killed 10 people?  If any other person had a firearm, the assault would have ended, less people killed and less waste of the taxpayers money. 

maxresdefault.jpg

One man did have a gun, an officer, he died.

if most, as you day, had guns then that obviously isnt the answer.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sujo said:

A homicide is not mass murder. The people not killed by such things are happier.

How many mass murders n the US by knife or machete or bat etc in say the last 10 years.

If you don’t know the answer to a question, just say you don’t know, no need to go on and on without ever answering the question.

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

You would have to ban all guns, confiscate all guns, stop and frisk all people at all times, seal the border 100% and pass a law that says life in prison if you're caught with a gun. People don't seem to understand what would be involved and why it's not feasible.

That's true in order to completely eliminate gun crimes and accidents.  Much like the only way to completely eliminate automobile crimes and accidents would be to completely eliminate automobiles.

However gun crimes and accidents could be reduced with laws requiring gun safety training, registering guns and licensing gun owners, much like as is done with automobiles.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mogandave said:

Do you think armed robbers use legally obtained weapons that they have permits to carry?

Hilarious 

Do you think illegal weapons would be so easily available if gun owners were required to keep their weapons properly secured?  Many guns are stolen out of unlocked cars and trucks.

8 hours ago, mogandave said:

Couple years ago the homicide rate in London was higher than New York...  

A city in the UK with one of its highest murder rates was temporarily higher than a city in the US with one of the lowest murder rates.  What's your point?

5 hours ago, Morty T said:

Because there is still the right to carry, that this guy went down fast. 

Clearly not fast, ten people are dead.  Do you have evidence it was a private citizen and not the police that brought him down?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bradmeister said:

maxresdefault.jpg

" If any other person had a firearm, the assault would have ended, less people killed and less waste of the taxpayers money. "

What if many other people had firearms, and started shooting at each other assuming anyone else with a gun must be the bad guy?  Do you think there would have been fewer people killed then?

14 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

You would have to ban all guns, confiscate all guns, stop and frisk all people at all times, seal the border 100% and pass a law that says life in prison if you're caught with a gun. People don't seem to understand what would be involved and why it's not feasible.

Yep thats why no other countries on earth have established workable gun ownership regulations !!!!

• Like 1