correct information

Meat Pie 47

So reading about covid-19 on here, most posters say the covid-19 shot is free for Thais, 

have talked today to my friend in Pattaya she thinks she has to pay for it.

So what is the correct information, do Thais have to pay for it or is it free for

Thai nationals ?

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Free.

It's not free if it's not available.  Very few Thai have received (under 70k) and unless there is a major change even one shot could take years - there is no clarity of who will get what when or where yet.  Up to now seems health workers and government officials have been priority (but in selected locations).   Once private imports are actually allowed and can be obtained there may become a pay option to help speed things up.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Salerno said:

It's not paid for if it's not available either.

Bottom line, the answer to the question posed is the government rollout of vaccines is free.

Issues such as timelines, which vaccine and what other options are different questions. 

Actually the question seems to be when she is first able to obtain will it be free or pay.  I fully expect it will become available for pay before it is available for free for most people. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually the question seems to be when she is first able to obtain will it be free or pay.  I fully expect it will become available for pay before it is available for free for most people. 

I can't commend on that since I am not in Thailand at the moment, where I live it is free for everybody and I can have it tomorrow but I hold on after my flu shot, since I have been advised to take a 2 week gap between the flu and covid shots.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

This forum has become a joke one can not ask a question and get a simple honest answer

"Has become"?  It's always been like that - and better for it, in my opinion.  There are plenty of other ways to get information.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

It's not free if it's not available.  Very few Thai have received (under 70k) and unless there is a major change even one shot could take years - there is no clarity of who will get what when or where yet.  Up to now seems health workers and government officials have been priority (but in selected locations).   Once private imports are actually allowed and can be obtained there may become a pay option to help speed things up.  

Our village health workers called my wife and told us to expect vaccinations to be available, FOC in a couple of months.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 3:42 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe because there is no simple answer.

How many people were already vaccinated in Thailand? Very few. And all those for a specific reason. There was until now no vaccination for everybody. And subsequently there is currently no absolute answer to your question.

I read news that vaccination for Thais will be free. But I am also sure someone said somewhere it will not be free.

At some stage we will know who will get it for free.

And maybe there will be people who should get it for free but in reality whoever does this will ask for some kind of, let's call it administration fee. After all, TiT. Don't expect a reliable answer for anything.

From what my Thai friends are telling me that they [hospitals]are taking orders like in a restaurant ordering food. So when they get their first batch they ring you when to come in. No talk of money yet.

1 minute ago, 1FinickyOne said:

my wifes dad had an 8 hr bypass operation plus long hospital stay and repeat visits and meds free.. 

I am going to guess free. 

That would be a government hospital - my guess is not free at private hospitals (and yes they are taking names for those wanting).  But as mentioned the clarity leaves a bit to be desired.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPZwxEc6OsxBbJama8QJj

On 3/24/2021 at 1:07 PM, Meat Pie 47 said:

This forum has become a joke one can not ask a question and get a simple honest answer

The Question was answered in the first post. FREE i.e. NO they don't pay. ok ? now can we get back to 'aving a laugh please.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

He should have paid 30b

that is correct, though I have been involved at times when they don't even ask for that...  or maybe a family member paid and didn't think it was worth mentioning..

either way - - pretty reasonable eh?